Unsure feelings

babydino

Reaction score
Well ... We did it, we are officially married. 2 and a half years of planning and it was an amazing day. Our next plans are a house then baby time!!!! However! When I was 18/19 I was desperate to have a child, now ... I want one, but I'm not looking forward to it as much, all I can think about is money and my work and I can't imagine being a mum anymore or enjoying it! I'm not sure what I'm looking for here really, just somewhere to get these feelings out. Hope everyone is well x

It's natural to go through feelings of excitement and kind of apathy. I do, sometimes I am absolutely desperate for a baby. Other times I can't imagine my life changing. I guess the way I look at it is where do I want my life to go ultimately? I want a family so therefore eventually we will just have to do it. Things will change, but for the better. Congratulations on the wedding!

Congratulations! What an exciting time! Completely normal to go in and out of broodiness. Take time and enjoy being married. There is no rush to have a baby and no need to feel bad or anything about that. Travel or do whatever you like and eventually you'll come me back to wanting a baby. And if you never do, then that's okay too!

Hun I get married in 3.5 weeks and I am so excited about it and to start a family but I am so nervous and scared of it all as well. I think it is normal and the fact you worry about things like money and if you can do it shows how much u care and therefore how much of a brilliant mum you will be when your time comes xxx

I think you should go out and travel and enjoy each other until you completely sure you want to start a family, its normal to feel a bit confuse but trust me you will know the feeling when you want a baby like now. So have a little fun and then start planning. I have been with hubby for a long time and i wanted everything perfect we got married and while i was planning i just couldn't wait to have a baby. In the honeymoon i got pregnant in the first try we went for two weeks honeymoon and in the second week we were at bahamas atlantis and i already had major pregnancy symptoms came back and sure enough BFP i was over the moon unfortunately i miscarried:cry:. But i will be trying soon and i cant wait!! So you will know when its time, congrats on your wedding!Don't stress enjoy being a newlywed!:flower:

Congratulations! Hope you had an amazing wedding day!

I agree with the other ladies, your feelings sound completely normal. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? You talk about 18/19 as if it wasn't that long ago so I'm guessing you're still pretty young. Definitely no harm in just enjoying marriage for a few years before you start a family!

Congratulations on your wedding!

I think it's normal to feel these things. Once you get to the place where you have a house and feel like you're making enough money you can always revisit the idea of having a baby. You might feel more excited and confident about it then. You don't have to have everything figured out right now. :hugs:

I will tell you that this completely normal, if you don't get cold feet then your heart isn't fully in it, like you don't take it too seriously. I had these feelings even when I was pregnant with my first, but just think of what you really want when you're 50, 60, 70 years old, I want a family, I want my kids, their spouses and their kids at my house for Christmas, opening gifts, eating dinner, I want to BARBQ with them, I want to talk to them on the phone, babysit for them.

This age we are now, will soon pass, and we will discover what truly does matter in life and what doesn't when we are old and frail, and we will wish we were back in time cuddling a newborn in bed at 3 am :)

Thanks everyone for all your advice and support. I had a moment of realisation last night, I cannot wait to have a baby, it's after that that scares me! Having a 6 year old, or a teenager,or an adult!

Remember tho that when u get to the 6 year old stage u will be 6 years older yourself and then ready for it. As they grow up you are still growing up, learning and maturing as well xx

Completely normal! We get married in just over 5 weeks and already have one child but we plan on ttc our wedding night but the thought of it freaks me out, entirely. I always wonder if I should just stop at one because I don't want my life with her to change. I am content with her and don't want to take away from our relationship and feel I can't love another person as much as I love her, but on the other hand want her to to have a sibling and I long for at least one more and know deep down, I have enough love I my heart for more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->