Unusual boys names

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
Ive just finished looking at a name thread & its got me thinking about the names ive chosen. I'd like my children to have names that are a little unusual, nothing crazy or silly, just something that you dont really hear that often, and that they will stand a good chance of being the only person they know with that name (I quite liked being the only Kate- i knew plenty of Katies/Kathryns that called themselves Kate, but im the only 1 i know with that as my entire name) and i want my kids to have the same kinda thing too.

Ive managed to pick out a girl's name that i love! But im stuck for a boy's name! Boys names either seem to be very traditional, or very... chavvy (for want of a better word!)! I was wondering if any of u ladies have any ideas for an unusual boy's name, that isnt heard a lot, but also isnt chavvy? But not too weird?

The girl's name that i like is "Darla" :cloud9:
Boys names that i quite like are Logan and Ethan... but i dont loooove these names like i do the girl's name!! Also a little worried that Logan will become very popular, because of the xmen films!!! :rofl:

I know a few good boy's names that are unusual but not too crazy: my friend named her son Everett. My son is Liam but that is not too uncommon. If we have another boy we are going to name him Atticus Connor (Kelly) which is a bit chevvy for you I guess LOL maybe not. If I think of more, I will add them :D

hi, found ure thread intresting so thought id have a nosey :)

im the same i like very unusual and funky names.. my daughter i lost would of been called Storm, she would be 7 now and to this day i have never herd of another child with that name, oddly its also an x-men name but thats not how i chose it.
Logan is quite a comman name round where im from but its ure child so its ure choice.
ive picked a few names id have when i finally have a baby but there my secret hehe
:winkwink:

a few names i also like tho are: for a boy - Emilo, Luca, Ashton, Riley
for a girl - Aliyah, Skyler, Jasmine and Esme

be nice to see what names other people like xx

good luck on choosing ure perfect little boys name :hug:

I really like Stevie for a girl, as in Stevie Nicks - OH would never allow it, but I still love it!

Boys wise, I like a lot of welsh names (OH is from welsh borders, so quite common where he's from, but not particularly common in yorkshire!) my favs are:

Banadel - which means holy hill, there was a medieval King with this name.
Maxen - which is a form of Magnus (meaning great)

All are lovely names, darla is great for a girl. Logan is nice, never met any boys called that, Ethan is getting very popular now tho. I called my son Euan, Im scottish living in Canada and its not popular at all here but he either gets called Ethan or Evan, everyone thinks Euan is too weird, its going to be hard for him growing up!

I know a few good boy's names that are unusual but not too crazy: my friend named her son Everett. My son is Liam but that is not too uncommon. If we have another boy we are going to name him Atticus Connor (Kelly) which is a bit chevvy for you I guess LOL maybe not. If I think of more, I will add them :D

Atticus is cool, not chavvy at all- it reminds me of "To kill a mockingbird", not a very chavvy book! lol! Everett's unusual, havent heard of that for a 1st name before!

hi, found ure thread intresting so thought id have a nosey :)

im the same i like very unusual and funky names.. my daughter i lost would of been called Storm, she would be 7 now and to this day i have never herd of another child with that name, oddly its also an x-men name but thats not how i chose it.
Logan is quite a comman name round where im from but its ure child so its ure choice.
ive picked a few names id have when i finally have a baby but there my secret hehe
:winkwink:

a few names i also like tho are: for a boy - Emilo, Luca, Ashton, Riley
for a girl - Aliyah, Skyler, Jasmine and Esme

be nice to see what names other people like xx

good luck on choosing ure perfect little boys name :hug:

ooh- i like Riley! Sorry for your loss :hug: Storm is a very cool name!

I really like Stevie for a girl, as in Stevie Nicks - OH would never allow it, but I still love it!

Boys wise, I like a lot of welsh names (OH is from welsh borders, so quite common where he's from, but not particularly common in yorkshire!) my favs are:

Banadel - which means holy hill, there was a medieval King with this name.
Maxen - which is a form of Magnus (meaning great)

Both very nice unusual names! Neither of us are Welsh, tho, so probably not for us!

All are lovely names, darla is great for a girl. Logan is nice, never met any boys called that, Ethan is getting very popular now tho. I called my son Euan, Im scottish living in Canada and its not popular at all here but he either gets called Ethan or Evan, everyone thinks Euan is too weird, its going to be hard for him growing up!

Nah, it wont be hard- he's gonna be the cool kid with the exotic name! Im sure Canadians see Scottish as exotic? lol!

hey,
i like Riley alot :) i hope i the end you find the perfect name you will have to let us no :D

xxx

All the boys names I like are really really old, biblical names generally. My boys name list atm is:
Ezekial
Elijah
Zachariah (love this, but OH said no, so my dog is called Zack!)
Jacob
Joseph
Ashton
Joshua
Caelan
Zubin
Finnegan

Bryce
Braye
Byron
Jarah
jared
josiah

I like B's and J's

:s lol

I think that is the reason we ended up naming our son Brennan. It is different without being too crazy. I had never heard of it as a first name, I had seen it as a last name when I was pregnant, and loved it. It was the one name on the list that fit him.

I think names that are unusual are ogten also names associated with girls, like Ashlee/y/eigh or hilary(yeah a guy called hilary). Unusual is also I think if you take more european names but there one has to be careful not to be too exotic or you get the celeb baby name syndrome.
Tore, lars , olav, Morten would be skandinavian for example
or you could go for frisian names like Bouke, or Hauke or eike(or for that matter ike)
What about Clemens, a(l)la(i)n, Maurice?
For more scottish ness (well dunno if they are actually) Allistair(like allistair carter or cook) , Hamish, Callum..?

I think that is the reason we ended up naming our son Brennan. It is different without being too crazy. I had never heard of it as a first name, I had seen it as a last name when I was pregnant, and loved it. It was the one name on the list that fit him.
I have heard in series or movies of Brennan's

All the boys names I like are really really old, biblical names generally. My boys name list atm is:
Ezekial
Elijah
Zachariah (love this, but OH said no, so my dog is called Zack!)
Jacob
Joseph
Ashton
Joshua
Caelan
Zubin
Finnegan

I love the name Ezekiel!! DF likes Balthazar! I love Celtic, and primarily Welsh, names though. For boys names like Gwydion, Osian (DF loves this one too!), Adair, Galen. REALLY don't have a clue about girls names so we're only allowed to have boys.:rofl: We've already decided that we'll be naming our first son Gwydion Idris. Luckily we're not planning on leaving Wales ever!! I get most of my favourite names from books I read- Laurell K Hamilton fans will probably recognise the last couple of names from the Merry Gentry series!!

Beca :wave:

I have heard in series or movies of Brennan's

I remember that Stepbrothers came out just after B was born, than the character is named Brennan. :rofl:

I love the name Ezekiel!! DF likes Balthazar! I love Celtic, and primarily Welsh, names though. For boys names like Gwydion, Osian (DF loves this one too!), Adair, Galen. REALLY don't have a clue about girls names so we're only allowed to have boys.:rofl: We've already decided that we'll be naming our first son Gwydion Idris. Luckily we're not planning on leaving Wales ever!! I get most of my favourite names from books I read- Laurell K Hamilton fans will probably recognise the last couple of names from the Merry Gentry series!!

Beca :wave:

Sorry for being ignorant, but how do you pronounce that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->