Unusual Middle Name For Amelie?!?!

kiraelliott

Mum & due #2 :)
Reaction score
My husband and I can't agree on a middle name for our baby girl - we both love Amelie and her surname is Elliott so unfortunately this rules out any names beginning with an 'a', names with too many L's, ones ending in 'ie' and too many m's lol.

I love French names and some of the ideas that have been turned down by my husband include Bijou and Noelle :( Nothing seems to flow. It's really annoying! He says it should be a name that means something to us but with being unusual too it's difficult :/ And he's not suggesting anything *sigh* :( I really want a middle name for her. Hellllp!!!

Hmmmm cant think of anything at mo didnt want to read and run...

Amelie is beautiful...:flower: I can almost picture a lil girl with that name its super sweet xx

What about :

Amelie Grace
Amelie Rose

just an idea x

Hmm something a little more unusual. I dunno I think i'm asking too much! lol! xxx

Clohilde is French and pretty unusual, even in France!

I also had a thought... One of my friends at University had Neige as her middle name as she was born in France in the middle of a snow storm!

x

My OH is French and oh boy did we spend ages trying to find a girl's name (as you can see from my ticker, it was pointless anyways!)

So I did a thread a while back maybe you'll get some ideas:
https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-names/215823-beautiful-french-names-female.html

Ffion is Welsh, but it could be French is you say it with the right accent ;)

We have Bo picked for a girls middle name

Amelie Bo Elliott
Amelie Star Elliott
Amelie May/Maia Elliott

Love the name Amelie xx

Amelie Claudette
Amelie Delphine
Amelie Belle (maybe not THAT unusual but love that it means 'industrious beauty'.
Amelie Babette
Amelie Genevieve
Amelie Fleur
Amelie Calanthe
Amelie Camile
Amelie Felicienne
Amelie Celesse
Amelie Coco
Amelie Coraline
Amelie Coretta
Amelie Cosette (love this as I love Les mis :lol: )
Amelie Heloise

Amelie Isabeau
Amelie Vivienne
Amelie Claire
Amelie Paige
Amelie Violet
Amelie Renee

I love Amelie Noelle by the way -- very pretty!

Why is it more important for the name to be "unusual"? I think a name that means something to you, or just a name you love & that sounds good/flows well...... are all more important than simply being "unusual" :shrug:

Amelie Isabeau
Amelie Vivienne
Amelie Claire
Amelie Paige
Amelie Violet
Amelie Renee

I love Amelie Noelle by the way -- very pretty!

Why is it more important for the name to be "unusual"? I think a name that means something to you, or just a name you love & that sounds good/flows well...... are all more important than simply being "unusual" :shrug:

It's not really that important at all, but when I was growing up everybody would tell me how lovely my unusual names were (Kira Illona Braid - well was til I got married now it's Elliott lol) and i'd like my little girl to experience the same thing as it boosts your confidence and I had zero as a child lol.

So far it's been narrowed down to either:

Amelie Clementine
Amelie Fleur

I love Fleur but my husband doesn't like it. I even tried to reason with him saying it could be either Amelie Clementine Fleur or Amelie Fleur Clementine but he's adament and doesn't think it sounds right :/ It probably doesn't, I just really want Fleur lol

Thanks for all ur help so far ladies, much appreciated and as you can see it's had an impact already! Now I just need to fight my corner!!! lol xxx

My faves are in pink :)

Adélaïde
Anaïs
Anastasie (Anastasia)
Anouk
Antoinette
Aurore
Célina
Corinne
Éléonore
Florence
Hélène
Henriette
Joséphine
Marcelle
Maryse
Mathilde
Renée
Simone

Hope you and OH manage to agree on a name soon lol GL :)

So if you chose Amelie Clementine (which is very cute btw) would her initials be ACE. That's pretty awesome :lol:

Hélène is nice. Keep in mind that it is pronounced "ay-lin" in French so it sounds like it starts with an A. But it is a beautiful name.

I also like Coralie and Manon (pronounced "Man-oh"), N not pronounced.

Here's a good site, with unusual French names (going backwards). This lists the least common. You may want to check out French websites for more as the English ones don't have all the unusual ones
https://www.linternaute.com/femmes/...i_sens=desc&f_tri_critere=naissance&f_page=11

I still say Genevieve sounds beautiful! :blush:

Nicole
Aimee
Brigitte
Dominique
Colette
Elise
Lucie
Madeleine
Celene

Amelie Fleur is beautiful hun.
Amelie Celeste