Unwanted Xmas presents?

lau86

Reaction score
This is going to make me sound sooo ungrateful but I received some presents for Xmas that I really don't want... Some of them are nice but not my taste and some ofthem are just not nice....
Usually I would find a use for them but alot of them are duplicates of things I have and still use so I really don't need them. Plus the house is bursting with the new baby and all his things.
What do you do with unwanted Xmas presents? Part of me just wants to give them to charity so at least someone will get some use of them but part of me feels really mean.

Did you receive any gift receipts? Whenever I buy gifts, I always make sure to include it so they can be exchanged it wanted/needed. :flower:

It depends what it is. Previously I have recycled them ( given away as birthday present) or just put them away in case I do need them.

I don't think it sounds ungrateful at all! When we got married we got so many things we couldn't use and my DH's family often buys me gifts that are sweet but not my taste at all. I would give them to charity if you don't have any friends that could use them. That's what I do. I really, really hate clutter, especially useless clutter. You can still appreciate the thought and think fondly of the fact that someone gave you a gift without keeping it.

Niamh got a few, I'm thinking of dropping them by the local women's hostle.

I recycle if they are expensive, if they are junk I just give them away to charity. Omar got a tag on his 4th birthday, but we already have one, my cousin's son 4th birthday was last Monday, so I gave it to him as a birthday gift with an extra tag Dora story book (his fav character).

Jordyn always gets the most useless gifts .. no offence to those people ..they will give her clothes 3 times to small so i always throw them in the bag in our storage area in the basement and they'll go to charity or something.

I used to feel bad and keep unwanted gifts, but then I grew ruthless and started taking them to charity shops. I'd've regifted them, but they were so awful - a plasticated bag, an incredibly ugly jumper, fugly fake fur collar that looked like a roadkill, numerous random little figurines that nobody wants... I don't even care now if MIL (the kind giver of all this stuff) finds out.

I charity shop it. I don't like re-gifting cos I only like giving nice gifts, and I don't sell on eBay cos I don't wanna spend that much time on a few quid when charity shops appreciate it more.

For kids stuff I would take to children's ward or hospice etc. X

I've been exchanging some of the kids clothes that they got given, they ended up with a couple of dressing gowns each and Darcey ended up with LOADS of hats!

Other things I will give to others as presents!

I keep it for a year. If it isn't used in that 12 months it gets bagged and tagged in the December holidqy big decluttter and goes to our local children's place of safety. What they don't use gets sold for funds or sent to other shelters.

We do decluttering twice a year but do a big whole house overhaul in December including clothing toys appliances bedding even furniture and ask other family members to do the same and we haul it away.

My girls got loads of stuff for christmas that I am getting rid off.

I seem very ungreatful but instead of buying all stuff that they wont like/already got etc Id rather them ask me what they need/like that they can buy

Any one want a bottle of b&m bargains perfume millionaire ? :/

We give them to the charity shop we take everything to when we have a clear out. xxx

I'm keeping the duplicate kids stuff for the run up to next christmas, they do an appeal in my town for disadvantaged kids at Xmas

Adults stuff, I keep in the cupboard for charity raffles

I'm keeping the duplicate kids stuff for the run up to next christmas, they do an appeal in my town for disadvantaged kids at Xmas

Adults stuff, I keep in the cupboard for charity raffles

Ahhh yes! I forgot about that, I will keep his stuff for that. I've pretty much decided the rest will go to a charity shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->