• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Up coming double

Cat

Reaction score
Sorry to keep banging on with the double buggy thing, but I have heard mention of a new one coming out in June/July time, I think its the new I'coo double or it might be a differnt make, (sorry for being a bit useless) I just wanted to find out more about it and if its worth hanging on till it comes out and getting by with a baby sling in the mean time, if its only a month wait.

Anyone know anything?

nope not heard of it? is it side by side?
i have the single i'coo

I didnt get a double buggy untill Harley was 6 weeks old, as kris was with me alot so we used 2 singles and every where except town has trollys or Dior would walk, the only time you really need the double is long walks or going to town

Ooh Id be interested in this too, altho I like Dionne's new one, but don't know if Id want a newborn in it.

Where did u hear about it Cat?

A couple of baby shops I called and spoke to asking advice just said about a new one coming on the market that is a tandem. But I didnt think about it cause they said it came out june/july which would be to late for me. But if it looks good I would be happy to wait.

I have noticed that the current I'coo tandem has been discontinued so it would make sense for them to bring a new one out.

Im confused, is it this https://www.groovystyle.co.uk/productpages/Icoo/icoo-platon-4-duo.htm

It says discontinued, but another site says its not yet avaliable, and I'coo website have in in their 'highlights' section

For those interested I have now found out what said upcoming double buggy is.

For those of you familier with the single buggy the iCandy Apple, its basically a tandem seat thing that you can use to change it into a iCandy Pear. Its being unvailed at the end of this month, and will be going on sale june/july

So nayone hwo is on the look out for a double in the near future might want to hang on and see what this is going to look like.

Thanks cat ...

Im having trouble trying to find one that i like/want ....

I dislike everything i have seen in mothercare and only seen one possible candidate lol on the kiddicare website (thanks lynnie!)

Thanks for the info cat ... it's due out when im due to have LO, might be worth the wait!

xxx

Yeah Ihate evertything on mothercare, If this one coming out looks no good I will be getting the powertwin from kiddycare, as they are doing it the cheapest. I have been and given it a demo run in a store near me and Ido really like it, the only thing that makes me still want to hunt around is I would like one that converts to a single so I can still use it as noah gets older and wants to walk more, so I get a longer use out of it.

Ohhhhhh i never thought of that ... TBH didn't know they did ones that converted into singles ... im soooooo dence lmao!!

If you find any cat let me know???
xxx

Imi check out the Phil&Ted and the Mutsy Duo, both are single buggies that adapt to become doubles

Fanatsic!!!

Cheers cat ... you deffo the woman in the know!!
xxx

Isn't the baby show on anytime now?

Maybe a good place to go Double Buggy (Window) Shopping?

I think the idea of the Phils & Ted's is great, I wanted to get one of those, knowing that we wanted to try for another baby before Alfie would be out of a buggy, but Paul was not interested, he was more interested in what he likes rather than what was practical :roll:

I think the idea of the Phils & Ted's is great, I wanted to get one of those, knowing that we wanted to try for another baby before Alfie would be out of a buggy, but Paul was not interested, he was more interested in what he likes rather than what was practical :roll:

Thing is I thought the idea of phil&teds was great, but tbh when I tried it out I found it to be utter crap, complete style over practicallity, and Ireally wanted to get it :( Im just hoping another company like this iCandy one can get it right.

Isn't the baby show on anytime now?

Maybe a good place to go Double Buggy (Window) Shopping?

As much as I would love to go, as this is where they are unvailing the new iCandy, its in London, ehich for me on the east coast is one hell of a treck, especially when this far gone, and would cost a fortune just traveling there
:(

Awwwwww cat that sucks ....
have u tried e-bay???
xxx

Awwwwww cat that sucks ....
have u tried e-bay???
xxx

Buying a buggy isnt the problem, unless this iCandy looks good when its unveiled we will get the Jane PowerTwin, its just I did fancy the idea of buggy that converted into a single and a double.

Oh glad we didn't opt for the phil & teds if it is that bad!

We have the icandy Apple, it is brilliant, I am so pleased with it from this product I really rate icandy!

My sister wanted the Jane twin, but it was £400 or something like that, so she opted for the Mothercare equivalent and is really pleased with it for half the price....she loves it!

The cheapest I have found the Jane Powertwin is £330, but its more expensive if you get the rebel car seats to add on in a travel system style, but I have noahs old car seat, and you can use the buggy as it is from birth without this, as the rear seat fully reclines. It actaully works out cheaper than the phil&ted, cause with that you have to buy the buggy, then the doubles converter, then paniers cause you have no storage at all once its a double, and then even the raincovers arnt included so you have to get them seperatley, plus cocoon for newborn and loads of other options, so it ends up costing closer to £500!

Just thought I would let you know. I emailed iCandy asking for some more details on price, when it will be avaliable and if its suitable for newborn use.
Just just got this reply

Dear Catherine,

Thank you for your recent email enquiry.

The iCandy Pear has an anticipated launch date of June/July so you would need to be willing to wait a month or so.

As yet I cannot unfortunately give you an idea on price but it will be competitive within the market.

The system will most certainly be suitable from birth as it will accomodate a carrycot for a new born that will convert into a seat unit when baby is old enough. For your older child the pear will enable them to sit in seat unit facing mum or dad.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Best Regards

Hannah Mulhall
Sales Manager

So it sounds interesting, like the fact you have a tandem where one can face you instead of facing the back of the chair in front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"