Up coming double

Hi,
This is my first post here so i hope you can understand it.
I am on the look out for a twin pram as my first child is not quite 9 months and i am due again in 11 weeks ... ( glutten for punishment i think!!!)

I was looking for side by sides, but they were proving to wide for what i wanted, and i dont like tandams as they are difficult to push when you have an older child in front. The sales assistant told me about the "Pear" that was coming out. She was a little sketchy about the facts of this new pram, so idecided to email the company directly and I got this reply from them.

After seeing this thread i thought i would post it for you all as a further update.... hope this helps. I am awaiting to get some further info from Martin, so if i do get anything i will try and remember to post it here for you all ..

Have a fab day XX

Dear Judith,

Thank you very much for your enquiry in to the iCandy Apple Pear. The model will be available as an upgrade (iCandy Pear Pip Converter) or as a stand alone tandem in August (The iCandy Pear).
If you are an existing iCandy Apple mum and you are upgrading your existing iCandy Apple Stroller in to the iCandy Pear it will cost you roughly £249.99. For that you get the new frame that fits inside the Apple chassis to turn it in to the Pear Tandem, 2 new seat units (one larger than the other) a new set of larger front wheels, 1upper maxi cosi adapter and a two new raincovers. You will also have from your previous purchase of the iCandy Apple stroller, the Apple frame, smaller wheels, jogger sport wheel, one set of maxi cosi adapters, pump, changing kit and a rain cover. You also have the option of purchasing an upper or lower carry cot fabric which will turn your existing new seat units in to carry cots. If you are having twin you can buy both sets of fabric and have both children in carry cots.( Carry cots retail between £64.99- £69.99)
If you are not an existing iCandy Apple owner then to buy the Pear Tandem it retails @ £479.99. For that you get the Apple frame, the new tandem frame, 2 sets of maxi cosi adapters, 2 new rain covers, 2 Seat units and bigger wheels.

It is a lot to digest but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Martin Boyle

Commercial Director

Hi Cuddless

I just wanted to say welcome to BabyandBump

:dance:

Oh Cuddless (welcome to the forum by the way :hi: )

You have made my day......we have the icandy apple, so if we did have another baby anytime soon, we would just upgrade to the pear for sure!!!! :happydance:

Thnaks for the info hun, Ihad been emailing iCandy about this too, and they never had any new info for me. I guess I will stick to the Jane Powertwin, as their is no way I can wait till Augist before buying a double! plus thats one heafty price tag if like me you dont already own an Apple.

Just hoping the new colour Powertwins come in stock at the end of this month as planned, as Ihave my eye on the marine one.

Hi Guys,
Firstly thank you for the welcomes. I have been once again searching the internet for any info on the up and coming Pear. I stumbled accross the website called olivers-baby-care and if you look under tandam it gives you the info on the new pear. ( sorry was going to paste the link but ive not done 10 posts so it wouldnt let me!!!)
They are already kinda advertising the new Pear. I was thinking that if one has started then other shops will soon follow suit. There is no picture at the moment but i guess in time that will come.
I cannot wait to see what it will look like but this site does give fairly good info on what the seats can do.

Hope this helps you. If i find out any more info i will be sure to let you all know.

Hugs
Jude, Maddy and Bump (due in 9 weeks)

https://www.olivers-baby-care.co.uk/Pear-Tandem-Buggy/47pol940p.asp

The link :D

Hiya Girls

Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but didn't want to start another one about double buggies.....But what do you girls think of this?

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.a...avelPushchairs/BruTravelPushchairsTwin/737011

I'm after a tandem rather than side by side because I KNOW Ky will not leave the baby alone. I also want something light and easy to put in the car. Has anyone tried one of these?

Many Thanks in advance

I havent tried it but read reviews. They generally are quite good, mainly critisezed for being heavy, but hey arnt all double buggies! But they do fold up very compact. Several people have had probs with a wheel falling off, so be sure to get from a reputable dealer incase you get a faulty one.

Def worth trying out in a store before buying, the tandem Iwas all planing on getting I tried it out with Noah in, and he didnt fit in it properly and it was hidiously impracticle! Kina had bought the same one, and when I pointed out the problems she tried it out with Ella and ended up sending it back!

I havent tried it but read reviews. They generally are quite good, mainly critisezed for being heavy, but hey arnt all double buggies! But they do fold up very compact. Several people have had probs with a wheel falling off, so be sure to get from a reputable dealer incase you get a faulty one.

Def worth trying out in a store before buying, the tandem Iwas all planing on getting I tried it out with Noah in, and he didnt fit in it properly and it was hidiously impracticle! Kina had bought the same one, and when I pointed out the problems she tried it out with Ella and ended up sending it back!

Thanks Cat - Thats really helpful - Its really hard to know what to go for - Everyone I ask likes and dislikes different things, so I suppose what I really need to do is test one out!

It is anoying as Ihavent found a single buggy where everything about it is raved about. It seems like its a case of picking the best of a bad bunch. Luckily with my choise the only real critisim of it is how its big and bulky for busses and stuff, which doesnt matter to me as I drive and never use public transport. So its a case of seeing what the downfalls are of each and seeing if its something that will bother/effect you.

See Im like you I have to have a tandem. No side by side will fit through my front door and Idont want to have to leve the kids in the lounge, take the buggy out the front assemble it, then go back to get the kids to put in it, especially if its raining! But so many tandems are really long and heavy and hard to get up and down curbs! The one Im getting is only about 2" longer than our current single travel system buggy so should be to bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"