UPDATE 1st post-Anyone wanna lose weight with me?

Down 5 pounds in 10 days. I'll take it!

I am afraid to stand on the scale...

I just want my appetite to slow down and take a hike! :haha: I must stop eating like a horse!

Any healthy protein suggestions?

Hello Ladies! I would like to join in with your group. I need to lose 70 pounds. Uggghhh.... I am 42 and breastfeeding is not budging any of it. I will try to get the app you are mentioning or at least sign up on the website and the facebook group. as long as that's ok with all of you. I really need to do this.
Thanks - Jennifer

Absolutely...I turn 42 in January...same issues you are having....

I'd love to join you but I don't have the app! Primal Blueprint sounds good

I'm 5 kilos over my pre-pregnancy weight and 14 over my goal weight. I don't get much exercise, although I have the opportunity to walk a LOT.

I like it because I don't have to restrict myself and eat plenty, and I don't want to restrict myself while breastfeeding.

Also I focus on organic veggies and grass fed or pastured meat/dairy, but that is not such a big deal outside the US (GMOs and what have you)
I got the book a few days ago. I love how it tells you to fry your food in butter!

Organic meat in Germany is available but quite expensive, especially the lean stuff.

I've started living "primally" today :D

I'd love to join you but I don't have the app! Primal Blueprint sounds good

I'm 5 kilos over my pre-pregnancy weight and 14 over my goal weight. I don't get much exercise, although I have the opportunity to walk a LOT.

I like it because I don't have to restrict myself and eat plenty, and I don't want to restrict myself while breastfeeding.

Also I focus on organic veggies and grass fed or pastured meat/dairy, but that is not such a big deal outside the US (GMOs and what have you)
I got the book a few days ago. I love how it tells you to fry your food in butter!

Organic meat in Germany is available but quite expensive, especially the lean stuff.

I've started living "primally" today :D

Well, according the PB, lean meat is not essential. Fattier meat is probably cheaper, so it would probably be good.

Depending on your country though, organic may not be such a big deal. In the US, we have genetically modified foods, which are illegal in the EU and lots of other countries as far as I know. Whether or not they can be grown and used for grain-fed meat animals though, I do not know. But here, 90% of the corn grown is GMO corn. Corn is what is fed to "vegetarian fed" cows and other feed animals. Grass fed is the best, whether organic or not, because if they are grass-fed, they aren't eating GMOs or anything. Also, grass-fed cows naturally have more Omega 3s (and CLA) in their fat, where grain fed cows have omega 6s.

It is pricey though. I have just decided to resign myself to the fact that I can't keep spending the same amount of money on good food that I did on crap food, quality will cost me more.

I'm feeling good, I hit 18lbs lost this morning.

That's fantastic! How often do you have to exercise to keep that up? Have you relapsed to grains at all? How often do you "indulge" in the stuff that's allowed in moderation?

Sorry about all the questions :)

No problem. I walk occasionally, but I have been slacking. So really, I don't exercise at all. I do take the stairs about 75% of the time at work, just one flight though. I sometimes walk 15-20 minutes on lunch, but not recently. So mostly, it's been diet/breastfeeding.

I don't buy grain things. I do buy starchy veggies (like potatoes). I eat lots of fruit. If I weren't breastfeeding, I would avoid the starchy veggies and watch the fruit, but I don't worry about it. I do eat grain if I am out, I had a burger for lunch today because I didn't get to pack lunch.

So I indulge in "moderation" stuff all the time, I easily get my 20%...like potatoes, lots of fruit, the occasional dark chocolate, the occasional glass of wine...

I indulge in "unallowed" stuff a couple of times per week too. I had a chick-fil-a lemonade Friday of last week, I had a king size bag of kit kat minis last night...funny I STILL stay under or very close to under my carb limit, even on days I really cheat!

Yes me too!
It has taken me forever to lose 14 pounds, now only 20-28 to go!

i am doing very little exercise, but sorting out my diet as of two weeks ago. Managed 3 lbs loss in that time, so i am pleased with that.

No problem. I walk occasionally, but I have been slacking. So really, I don't exercise at all. I do take the stairs about 75% of the time at work, just one flight though. I sometimes walk 15-20 minutes on lunch, but not recently. So mostly, it's been diet/breastfeeding.

I don't buy grain things. I do buy starchy veggies (like potatoes). I eat lots of fruit. If I weren't breastfeeding, I would avoid the starchy veggies and watch the fruit, but I don't worry about it. I do eat grain if I am out, I had a burger for lunch today because I didn't get to pack lunch.

So I indulge in "moderation" stuff all the time, I easily get my 20%...like potatoes, lots of fruit, the occasional dark chocolate, the occasional glass of wine...

I indulge in "unallowed" stuff a couple of times per week too. I had a chick-fil-a lemonade Friday of last week, I had a king size bag of kit kat minis last night...funny I STILL stay under or very close to under my carb limit, even on days I really cheat!
Great! I already lapsed on day 1 by accidentally eating a square quarter of my son's bread and butter - good to know it's not that big of a deal :)

Great! I already lapsed on day 1 by accidentally eating a square quarter of my son's bread and butter - good to know it's not that big of a deal :)

Yeah, not a big deal. It does help me relax by tracking my food on my fitness pal, so I can see what is a big deal and what is not, and not freak out.

can I join :) i dont need to loose much now , 14 lbs to start with and then if i get down that maybe another 7. ive been trying to loose the weight for ages and getting nowhere at all!! boo!! actually recently the scales havent gone up at all yet my jeans and that feel tighter - unless its all in my head haha

My hubby has just deployed and id love to be back to my pp weight before his return

misspriss cas you tell me more about your diet? its sounds so good.

If im honest im normally useless with diets, i get confused with the can and can not eat, how much and so on. and I dont really exercise - unless you include the 20 min walk to school and back again twice a day and the 3 min walk to the bus stop and back 2 times a day also ;-)

can I join :) i dont need to loose much now , 14 lbs to start with and then if i get down that maybe another 7. ive been trying to loose the weight for ages and getting nowhere at all!! boo!! actually recently the scales havent gone up at all yet my jeans and that feel tighter - unless its all in my head haha

My hubby has just deployed and id love to be back to my pp weight before his return

If im honest im normally useless with diets, i get confused with the can and can not eat, how much and so on. and I dont really exercise - unless you include the 20 min walk to school and back again twice a day and the 3 min walk to the bus stop and back 2 times a day also ;-)

Sure! It's super easy, at least, for me. It gets easier after you do it for a few weeks anyway. It really all started with me dropping soda, which inspired me to do more....

Anyway, I loosely follow the Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. You can look it up on marksdailyapple.com. The basic premise is to avoid all grains and refined sugar, and only eat starchy vegetables and fruits in moderation (higher carb). Also, red wine, dairy (preferably raw, if not at least grass-fed) and chocolate are allowed in moderation. Fat, especially animal fat from grass-fed (not grain-fed) animals is encouraged. Both fat and sugar saite you, but fat is a more stable fuel for the body. A little bit of fat will saite you longer than sugar.

If you look at your body, fat is a preferred fuel source. After all, how does your body store excess energy for the future? As sugar? No, high blood sugar will kill you, so your body has to do something with that quick - not a stable fuel. Nope. Your body stores fat in times of plenty to use when you need it. Obviously your body considers fat a viable and good long term fuel solution ;)

Not all carbs are horrible, you don't want to go EXTREMELY low carb forever, but you should be getting your carbs from vegetables, which means you will never go that high really. If you need a few more, eat fruit and starchy vegetables.

It is not encouraged to go below 1800 calories when you are breastfeeding (in general, I eat slightly less most days but I work a desk job and I eat until I am well full!) And you should probably get between 100-150 grams of carbs. If you were NOT breastfeeding and trying to lose weight, it would be under 100 probably. 150 is a VERY generous goal if you ditch grains.

But to sum it up, eat meat (not necessarily lean, fattier is probably better) and veg all you want. Eat fruit, starchy veg (potatos) in moderation, as well as red wine and dark chocolate. Avoid all grains and refined sugar. Basically it's a low-carb/high-fat diet. I get around 30% of my calories from carbs, 50-55% from fat, and 15-20% from protein.

The Mark Sisson primal diet is working well for me so far, although I've only just started. I'm finding it easier to drop grains, which for me is mainly rice, pasta and bread, than I thought.

I usually have fruit, cheese and coffee for breakfast, snack on veggies and fruit with cream cheese, have tuna or some meat and salad for lunch, more veggies and some combination of all that for dinner. We had sesame seed coated salmon burgers the other night.

I've gone from 84 kilos (13 st, 183 lb) to 80.5 (12 st 10, 178 lb) in two weeks just BFing and started the primal diet on Monday :)

The Mark Sisson primal diet is working well for me so far, although I've only just started. I'm finding it easier to drop grains, which for me is mainly rice, pasta and bread, than I thought.

I usually have fruit, cheese and coffee for breakfast, snack on veggies and fruit with cream cheese, have tuna or some meat and salad for lunch, more veggies and some combination of all that for dinner. We had sesame seed coated salmon burgers the other night.

I've gone from 84 kilos (13 st, 183 lb) to 80.5 (12 st 10, 178 lb) in two weeks just BFing and started the primal diet on Monday :)

Congrats!! It really is easier than you think to get rid of grains! I have a harder time dropping out all refined sugar products, but I do my best...

Sure! It's super easy, at least, for me. It gets easier after you do it for a few weeks anyway. It really all started with me dropping soda, which inspired me to do more....

Anyway, I loosely follow the Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. You can look it up on marksdailyapple.com. The basic premise is to avoid all grains and refined sugar, and only eat starchy vegetables and fruits in moderation (higher carb). Also, red wine, dairy (preferably raw, if not at least grass-fed) and chocolate are allowed in moderation. Fat, especially animal fat from grass-fed (not grain-fed) animals is encouraged. Both fat and sugar saite you, but fat is a more stable fuel for the body. A little bit of fat will saite you longer than sugar.

If you look at your body, fat is a preferred fuel source. After all, how does your body store excess energy for the future? As sugar? No, high blood sugar will kill you, so your body has to do something with that quick - not a stable fuel. Nope. Your body stores fat in times of plenty to use when you need it. Obviously your body considers fat a viable and good long term fuel solution ;)

Not all carbs are horrible, you don't want to go EXTREMELY low carb forever, but you should be getting your carbs from vegetables, which means you will never go that high really. If you need a few more, eat fruit and starchy vegetables.

It is not encouraged to go below 1800 calories when you are breastfeeding (in general, I eat slightly less most days but I work a desk job and I eat until I am well full!) And you should probably get between 100-150 grams of carbs. If you were NOT breastfeeding and trying to lose weight, it would be under 100 probably. 150 is a VERY generous goal if you ditch grains.

But to sum it up, eat meat (not necessarily lean, fattier is probably better) and veg all you want. Eat fruit, starchy veg (potatos) in moderation, as well as red wine and dark chocolate. Avoid all grains and refined sugar. Basically it's a low-carb/high-fat diet. I get around 30% of my calories from carbs, 50-55% from fat, and 15-20% from protein.

Thank you so much for that, will give it a look up.

Sounds great, though I will miss my morning oat granola but maybe having a bowl of that every morning hasn't been helping my lack of weight loss

Bit of a silly question, no doubt, but am I ok to still take fenugreek? I don't need to take it I just started takin it to up my supply to help with pumping, as my plan was to build up and emergency supply, but it hasn't helped to be fair n to be honest I haven't been pumping like that either, no time with hubby gone and 3 kids to run round after :haha:

My goal is to loose my first 14lbs , then another 7, I really want to tone my belly too, but in all honestly not sure I can handle sit ups :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->