UPDATE 1st post-Anyone wanna lose weight with me?

well i seem to be 5lbs down so far :) quite impressed, think its mainly as ive cut out my big bowl or either porridge or some other oat cereal in the mornings. but wither way im happy.
ive decided my goal is 19lbs , so 14 to go as long as these 5 stay off :)

also need to tone my belly so was thinking situps , but ive been saying it for days and just cant seem to find the energy or motivation for situps haha

Yeah...I had a horrible weekend after a super stressful week and went way off the deep end on junky food. Back on the bandwagon tomorrow....*sigh*.

Work has just been super stressful and I am feeling down about having to work full time and miss out on my LO again.

Yeah...I had a horrible weekend after a super stressful week and went way off the deep end on junky food. Back on the bandwagon tomorrow....*sigh*.

Work has just been super stressful and I am feeling down about having to work full time and miss out on my LO again.
Sorry to hear that :(

How did you feel after the junk food? We had McDonalds at the weekend and I just felt "bleurgh" as opposed to "yum!". I also had an Orangina and could barely finish it it was so sweet to me:wacko:

Sorry to hear that :(

How did you feel after the junk food? We had McDonalds at the weekend and I just felt "bleurgh" as opposed to "yum!". I also had an Orangina and could barely finish it it was so sweet to me:wacko:

Directly after? a little bloated but fine. But the whole weekend turned into a huge fight with DH and we were both in HORRIBLE moods with crappy attitudes, which just made us more likely to eat crap. I honestly believe the food contributed to our rotten attitudes toward each other.

I'm back up 1lb, but that isn't too bad.

We were lazy and realised we had nothing for dinner when we got home after an energetic trek. So much of it is bad organisation with us!

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better. If it's any consolation, your weight loss journey is what inspired me to do this!

We were lazy and realised we had nothing for dinner when we got home after an energetic trek. So much of it is bad organisation with us!

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better. If it's any consolation, your weight loss journey is what inspired me to do this!

Thanks! I was better but I ate dairy yesterday and got horrible trapped wind today...

I am eating better and feeling much better (except the wind!) so hopefully the weight loss will follow...

Is that a pre-existing dairy allergy or because you've cut down so much?

I made sushi with cauliflower "rice" tonight. It's actually really good! Not gonna weigh myself til Sunday though.

Is that a pre-existing dairy allergy or because you've cut down so much?

I made sushi with cauliflower "rice" tonight. It's actually really good! Not gonna weigh myself til Sunday though.

I'm lactose intolerant, not allergic. Its not usually that bad though, I took my lactose pills and everything. Every now and then my body just reminds me that I'm trying to "cheat the system" with the lactose pills....only ice cream does it, probably the added sugar.

The only other time I've had trapped wind like that was when I was pregnant.....

Well how is everyone going! After some stalls, I lost 1.4lbs one day, and another 1.6lbs the next. Getting back on the wagon eating worked great! That and drinking LOTS of water.

I think drinking a lot of water is essential for me. When I forget, my weight loss slows or stalls. When I remember, it seems like I'm losing weight way too fast...I only have 3lbs to make my "intermediate" goal, and 11lbs to make my "final goal"!

Is it ok if I join?!?;) I have 21 pounds to lost to be back to pre preg weight. I'm
emsbeth on fitnesspal, started about a week ago, my gym membership re activates in 2 weeks at the moment I'm just walking a lot. How many calories is everyone going to on fitnesspal?? Xx

Down 17 pounds. Pre 2nd pregnancy weight!!!!! Now 13 pounds to go til I'm back to ore 1st pregnancy weight.
I've been drinking green tea and it's helping a lot I think

Is it ok if I join?!?;) I have 21 pounds to lost to be back to pre preg weight. I'm
emsbeth on fitnesspal, started about a week ago, my gym membership re activates in 2 weeks at the moment I'm just walking a lot. How many calories is everyone going to on fitnesspal?? Xx

Hey I couldn't figure out how to add you. I'm darynrose. You can add me. Or pm me your email address cause I know how to add you like that

Down almost 19 pounds!!!!! 37 days in

Awesome! I'm back to my 20lb loss...I quit eating healthy and gained 1.5lbs back and kept it on for a week, and then finally lost it! I'm back losing again! And back eating healthy too, although we are experimenting with rice stuff.

The strictly no-grain approach works for me, I lose weight. It's hell on DH though, since he doesn't care for vegetables. Also, it's hell on the budget. It pretty much doubled my weekly grocery budget. Buying grains, even expensive gluten-free grain products, brought my grocery bill almost back down to what it was when we crappy food. Hopefully we can find a balance that doesn't make us fat, but doesn't make us super broke either!

I thought it would increase my grocery bill to go on a diet but thankfully it hasn't because we're eating a lot less and I'm meal planning so we aren't wasting anything. I'm only buying exactly what I need for meals which is making a big difference. I plan 2 weeks of meals at a time with a lot of the same ingredients and what not. I'm still just counting calories and working out. I added green tea though and that's helped.

I thought it would increase my grocery bill to go on a diet but thankfully it hasn't because we're eating a lot less and I'm meal planning so we aren't wasting anything. I'm only buying exactly what I need for meals which is making a big difference. I plan 2 weeks of meals at a time with a lot of the same ingredients and what not. I'm still just counting calories and working out. I added green tea though and that's helped.

Yeah, as far as primal goes though, switching out bread (cheap), pasta (cheap), cereal (cheap), for veggies (moderate), butter/dairy (moderate/expensive) and meats (expensive), especially having bacon for breakfast instead of oatmeal or granola. We go through two $6 packs of bacon per week. That's JUST the bacon! Where I was having oatmeal and a thing of that lasts for MONTHS.

Part of the reason we are cutting back a bit. I bought some steel cut oatmeal to try, and I'm going to be soaking it first to help with digesting. I will be having that for breakfast occasionally, instead of bacon.

I honestly believe eating primal is great for my body, but I also don't believe grains are going to kill me...they might make me fat easier though. I don't know. I simply can't afford to buy so much meat right now.

Just thought I'd update. I've lost nearly 34 pounds and I'm smaller than before both babies. I am only less than 7 pounds from the size I was when I married. Just MFP and short workouts.

Can I join please?

I need to lose 22 kg (about 50 lbs) in order to get back down to 60kg again.
Thats a long road ahead of me :dohh:

Since giving birth (3.5 weeks ago) I've lost about 13 kg by simply doing nothing ( exept birthing a child :haha: )

But now I'm stuck. My scale hasn't changed in the past couple of days.
I'm so uncomfortable in my skin. Nothing fits, not even my shoes/ boots, which really sucks! Why did I gain so much weight?!? :wacko:

I'm starting to count calories again and will start mommy and baby fitness in January. And I'm planning on buying an elliptical for our home to do some cardio at home.

What else can I do?
Thanks ladies! :flower:

I quit primal blueprint because it was expensive, so no weight loss since then, but no gain either. I'm only 3lbs from my "first goal" and all my "skinny clothes" that I was so happy to get in to are loose/falling off.

Anyway, I plan to get back on the grain free or at least gluten free plan, because when I was grain free, my lactose intolerance got much better. As soon as I started eating regularly again (specifically gluten), my lactose intolerance came back with vengeance. Apparently whatever gluten does to hurt the small intestine can damage the part of the small intestine that produces lactase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->