UPDATE 1st post-Anyone wanna lose weight with me?

I am jumping aboard this bandwagon. I have got 8lb to lose to get back to my weight before kids.

I'm going to be counting calories and trying to be more active. Although I'm currently up for thw third time tonight and it's only 3am so the being active may hurt...

My husband has promised me a shopping spree if I lose the weight by December 22nd (5 weeks time) so that's a big incentive....x

Can I join please?

I need to lose 22 kg (about 50 lbs) in order to get back down to 60kg again.
Thats a long road ahead of me :dohh:

Since giving birth (3.5 weeks ago) I've lost about 13 kg by simply doing nothing ( exept birthing a child :haha: )

But now I'm stuck. My scale hasn't changed in the past couple of days.
I'm so uncomfortable in my skin. Nothing fits, not even my shoes/ boots, which really sucks! Why did I gain so much weight?!? :wacko:

I'm starting to count calories again and will start mommy and baby fitness in January. And I'm planning on buying an elliptical for our home to do some cardio at home.

What else can I do?
Thanks ladies! :flower:

50 pounds sounds like so much when you start but less than 60 days ago I was in the exact same spot with a goal of 50 pounds and now I'm about 16 pounds away. I haven't felt at all deprived either and I only work out 10-30 mins a day.

I am jumping aboard this bandwagon. I have got 8lb to lose to get back to my weight before kids.

I'm going to be counting calories and trying to be more active. Although I'm currently up for thw third time tonight and it's only 3am so the being active may hurt...

My husband has promised me a shopping spree if I lose the weight by December 22nd (5 weeks time) so that's a big incentive....x

It's so great to get your husband involved. I asked my husband if I could get my hair done and a new outfit when I reached my first goal and we did that yesterday. He kept telling me how great I looked all day.

I measured my oatmeal this morning as I have been having a large bowl and it turns out I was having over 100 grams of it, no wonder my weight loss hsd slowed to nothing. I'm cutting it down to 50g and we will see if it helps.

Promised my zumba teacher yesterday that I wouldigo back tonight as I haven't been back since I was 30 weeks pregnant, but then Ben was up 4x last night, I fear I may be shattered afterwards'! X

Wow, some of you are doing amazing! I am on My Fitness Pal as well. I started a couple months ago and I just finished 30 day shred last week. So far I have only lost 4.4 lbs. I gained about 5 after starting Shred, so it's coming off but slowly.

I am buying some weight equipment here and there because I want to start the Strong Lifts 5x5 program and there isn't a gym with free weights or racks in my area.

I eat quite a bit, about 1800-1900 calories when I'm not exercising, and 2,000 when I do. I have had supply issues since day one so i make sure i eat enough. My name is the same there as here. I'm not sure how to look people up there...

I'm not going below 1800 either Care, as I don't want my supply to be affected. So 1800 on a normal day, 2300 on a Zumba day as it burns roughly 500 calories an hour x

There has to be a way to look people up. Why can none of us figure it out ha ha

One way I've found to really cut calories is to do meatless dinners at least 1/2 times a week. Saves money too.

I guess I really need to increase my calory intake!
When I lost my weight after ds (he was older than 8 months back then), i only lived off of 1200 calories. I lost weight nicely in about 3-4 months ( i also exercised). My supply back then didn't suffer as far ad I could tell. But considering that dd is only 4 weeks at the moment and my supply has yet to be established, the 1200 calories probably won't cut it...
I felt like she was less satisfied after a feed today. Is it possibly that I damaged my supply after only a couple of days?!?
Will it get back to normal once I get more calories in?

It's really hard for me to eat enough to get about 1800 calories. If I drink OJ is that sufficient enough to add some calories? Does it have to be food or can it be liquids as well?

Are you sure you can lose weight by taking in 1800 calories? That seems like a lot... :shrug:

When I lost my weight after ds (he was older than 8 months back then), i only lived off of 1200 calories. I lost weight nicely in about 3-4 months ( i also exercised). My supply back then didn't suffer as far ad I could tell. But considering that dd is only 4 weeks at the moment and my supply has yet to be established, the 1200 calories probably won't cut it...
I felt like she was less satisfied after a feed today. Is it possibly that I damaged my supply after only a couple of days?!?

It's really hard for me to eat enough to get about 1800 calories. If I drink OJ is that sufficient enough to add some calories? Does it have to be food or can it be liquids as well?

Are you sure you can lose weight by taking in 1800 calories? That seems like a lot... :shrug:

Every ounce of breastmilk takes roughly 20 calories to produce. The average baby aged 1-6 months takes 24-30 ounces per day, so you're burning somewhere in the region of 500-600 calories per day breastfeeding. That means you'll have a 700-800 calorie deficit by eating 1800, the weight should drop off for most!

It can be liquid, but I would go for something with some fat in, it will keep you fuller for longer and you need the extra fat.

1800 is a good amount. It may go off a little slower than it did for you before but there is no rush. And if you add in a small workout when you are ready it should put you at about 1200 net calories. I think youll be fine

If anyone is looking for a fast workout that is good I found a ten minute boxing workout that was fairly easy but I was down a pound today and am soooo sore in the waist. It's called the boxer babe workout on youtube

If anyone is looking for a fast workout that is good I found a ten minute boxing workout that was fairly easy but I was down a pound today and am soooo sore in the waist. It's called the boxer babe workout on youtube

Thanks,
I'll check it out later!

Also, hubby picked up my xmas present yesterday! An elliptical :happydance:
Can I lose weight by just looking at it?:haha:

Hey Dk1234,
I just tried the boxer babe workout. Its great! I love the fact that its only 10 minutes :haha:

How many calories to you count for the workout though?

Hey Dk1234,
I just tried the boxer babe workout. Its great! I love the fact that its only 10 minutes :haha:

How many calories to you count for the workout though?

I do that one and the booty shaking waist workout. Both are only 10 mins. I give myself 10 mins of low impact aerobics and 10 mins of moderate calisthenics. There is abiding one though, I tend to do the lower amount of calories just to make sure I'm not eating more than I burn

So far I've lost 4.6 pounds since starting to count calories 10 days ago. Still need to lose 46 pounds...
Does that sound like a good pace?

I've tried both 10 minute work outs this morning and love them :thumbup:
Thanks for the tip!

TMI warning: i've noticed my bladder control isn't the greatest during the exercise. Will that eventually get better again? :blush:

So far I've lost 4.6 pounds since starting to count calories 10 days ago. Still need to lose 46 pounds...
Does that sound like a good pace?

I've tried both 10 minute work outs this morning and love them :thumbup:
Thanks for the tip!

TMI warning: i've noticed my bladder control isn't the greatest during the exercise. Will that eventually get better again? :blush:

Yes I peed myself during my first workout at 5 weeks pp

I thought it was hard to eat that many calories as well. But now I weigh everything instead of using measuring cups and don't use other peoples estimates for foods, I figure it all out myself, and I was off. Also, start using lots of good oils and butter to cook with, that can add up the calories pretty quick. Full fat greek yogurt will give you lots of calories and protein.

At first when I started eating more I wasn't losing I was going up, but I also started 30 Day Shred and my body was retaining water. Now I am losing about a pound per week (sometimes more sometimes less), which is safe for breastfeeding. Remember, if you lose too much too fast the toxins held in our fat cells can be released into our breastmilk. Best to go slower if possible.

Thanks I will have to check it out!

Some other good free and fast workouts (about 20 mins) that include cardio and strength are BeFit Extreme in 30 (different every day) and HASfit Warrior (3 parts).

My husband brought home a weight bench and some weights for me today!!! Now I need to find someplace to put it. My basement ceilings are too low for overhead press so I can't put it there which is where I would want it. I haven't had a chance to see how many weights there are. They do not fit my olympic bar but they will do for now. :happydance: If anybody is interested I will be starting the Stronglifts 5x5 program. Check out all the threads on MFP of ladies lifting heavy. They rock!

I thought it was hard to eat that many calories as well. But now I weigh everything instead of using measuring cups and don't use other peoples estimates for foods, I figure it all out myself, and I was off. Also, start using lots of good oils and butter to cook with, that can add up the calories pretty quick. Full fat greek yogurt will give you lots of calories and protein.

At first when I started eating more I wasn't losing I was going up, but I also started 30 Day Shred and my body was retaining water. Now I am losing about a pound per week (sometimes more sometimes less), which is safe for breastfeeding. Remember, if you lose too much too fast the toxins held in our fat cells can be released into our breastmilk. Best to go slower if possible.

Say what? I'm loosing weight really fast no one said anything to me about it being toxic.

I read .5-1.5 per week is safe. I can't find the actual study that explains it, but it is on KellyMom and LLL websites. And this wouldn't account for all the weight you lose after birth. That is mostly water, placenta, blood, etc, not fat. Just fat loss. That is why it is not recommended to go too low in calories when BF, not just for supply and quality like most think.

If you are worried and think you are losing too fast just try upping your calories by 100 and see what happens.

I was at a standstill most of last week as I could not go to the bathroom. I know, TMI, but I don't know what was going on. I have been eating high fiber for breakfast and trying to eat it more through the day. It is hard when I try to get lots of protein as well. But I finally saw a loss today after going to the bathroom yesterday.

Oh and I see how to add people now. When you go to the website and go to community - find members and you can search with username.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->