UPDATE....6 week scam only saw yolk sac and gestation sac

Jennabelle

Reaction score
Hi
I’m only 6 weeks give or take 1 day.
Had early scan today and they said oh can’t see a baby only the 2 sacs (gestational sac and yolk sac) and showed me....
Said come back in 2 weeks as either too early or MC

Oh my god! Talk about worried sick....

Clear blue still says 3+ but suppose it’s the yolk sac that produces hcg and not the baby....

Anyone had an early scan like this and what was seen?

Thank you all xx

Baby could just be behind a couple days and needs to catch up. I wouldn’t completely worry! Seeing the yolk sac is good

Didn’t want to read and run...I’m kind of in the same boat as you. I went for a early scan as well yesterday and am measuring 3-4 days behind....I pray we both have positive outcomes. Good luck.

With one pg, I went in at 6+1 and after a lot of hunting around, the tech found a baby measuring 6+1 with a lovely flickering heartbeat. She is now 3 years old and the goofiest of all my kids.

With my last pg, I went in at 6+1 and they saw a gestational sac measuring 5+4 and a yolk sac. I went in a week later and there was baby measuring spot on at 7+1 and the heartbeat was flickering away. He's now my smiley 5 month old baby boy.

I'm guessing if you'd gone in a few days later, you'd have seen baby and the hb no trouble. Sometimes they just need those extra few days.

I had a scan at 6+3 with Sophie, and didn't see a fetal pole. Just the gestational sac and possible yolk. I went back a week later and all was fine. Now she's 5 ;-)

I had a scan at 6 weeks and I had the exact same! Had a scan 8 days later and you could see a teeny tiny fetal pole and a tiny flickering heartbeat. So I'm probably a couple of days behind.

Plus, you have to think, they're ever so tiny in there, and they all grow at their own rate, some will catch up later on.

I did a google search while I was waiting and found a random forum and I found a tonne of women saying they had the exact same thing at 6 weeks, or even just over 6 weeks. It's very common!

Please try not to worry, I hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you.

Keep us updated! I think it'll be fine. If you're really worried, could you ask to move it forward by 3-4 days?

Thanks everyone for your comments, bit of an update today, when they did my hcg yesterday it came back at 2537 so very low for 6 weeks and considering I got a 3+ on Digi a week earlier it looks like they are not increasing and probably dropping by the day. Hey ho! Just gotta sit tight now and wait for the mis carriage I imagine.
Thanks again and I wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies.
Bye all xxx

It's not necessarily over. First off, the level of your hCG can vary SO incredibly much in your urine and it's not a constant amount like that of your blood. I've gone in for a beta expecting the worst because at 4+4, I was still getting 1-2 weeks on a digi and if my levels had been rising even somewhat normally, I should have been well over the 200miU mark for the 2-3 weeks. My hCG was over 300. :dohh: It's possible your hCG levels were just more concentrated in your wee when you took the test and every hpt package has a warning on it that you cannot use them as a diagnostic tool for measuring hCG levels or tracking progression. They are an inexact method of testing.

Second, your levels look pretty good yet. If you don't have previous betas to compare, it's hard to say what has been going on. With one pregnancy, I had a beta of 1900 at 5+4 and I hadn't been doubling every 48 hours from the start. I was spotting, cramping, and my doctor not only told me flat out I was miscarrying but that I'd caused the loss myself. (Long story...But the outcome was I switched doctors that very day.) I went for an ultrasound at 6+1 and there was baby with a heartbeat. She's my 3 year old.

Yes I wouldn't count yourself as out yet, as blood HCG and urine can be very different!

You need a follow up blood HCG over the course of a few days at least to see the real progress. I would likely say you may have ovulated/implanted later than expected!

I was pretty confident on my dates and I'm still measuring behind, but they werent worried by that at all xxx

Jennabelle, I wouldn’t count yourself out just yet. Like others have said, hcg levels can vary so much. When will you go back for another scan? I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that it’s good news.

Dairymomma, that is just horrific that a doctor would say you were micarrying and that it was your fault! Apparently compassion and empathy are not a prerequisite for a medical degree! Glad that jerk was wrong and you have your DD to show for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->