*UPDATE*6 wks pregnant and test line still isn't darker than thecontrol.worry?

Jess19

Reaction score
I will try and keep it short:

I got my bfp a few weeks ago. Picked up a super early bfp on my ICs. I had 25 of them. I also used a few Walmart first signals and dollar trees.
Once I got definite bfps I called my Drs made an appointment and by then was out of tests.
Well my dr never ordered bloods for an hpt at all. I don't know why and I'm upset a little over it! Didn't check levels or anything. I asked the girl when I could get the results for the levels and she tells me they're not doing any type of test for that. I was shocked needless to say. They've done it with all my pregnancies.

Well I decided to just let it go and be happy and enjoy this pregnancy, as this is our last one. A week passes and I just don't feel right. Basically I feel fine and don't feel pregnant at all. I called the nurse last week and told her this. She mentioned checking levels and said she will talk to the dr and see what he wants to do. She calls back and says that Dr just wants to keep the scheduled ultrasound for the 19th and all should be fine. I'm not bleeding or anything so try not to worry. Ya whatever, easy for her to say.

That was on Wednesday.
I finally caved today and bought a test, one test, while DH and I were out. He wants me to stop obsessing but I can't :( I just want to know if everything is ok.

So here's today's test. I really feel like t should be darker. The test line should be as dark as the control by now. This is how my test looked last time I took one almost 2 weeks ago.
I didn't buy a digital as they only go to 2-3 weeks,right? And DH didn't want me to spend the money since I'm already pregnant and we know.
Ugh!! I just don't know what to do. The 19th seems SO far away!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 29
Hiya pregnancy is such a worry. I've heard that there is so many things that effect the strength of line and can cause such worrying lighter lines. That's why I have refused to do anymore as I think they just worry more. I hope you see your healthy sticky bean on the 19th Hun x

Sorry you're worried. Digital ones go up to 3+weeks from conception so should tell you that theoretically when you're 5 week plus. But there's so many variants.

I admit I'd I would be a little worried with a light line at 6 weeks. Have you read about the hook effect is it too early for that?

Is your ultrasound on the 19th Feb? Or is it next month?

Id buy two more tests and check out the hook effect- ie dip one test in your urine, dilute your urine with water and dip the other test. If hook effect is happening your 2nd test will be darker

A digital goes to 3+

Is definitely go for a digital test.

I would also try a digital hun x

Try a digi hun. Got my fingers crossed for you :)

Thanks girl :hugs:
Ya my US is on Feb 19th (5 more days)

I have a few errands to run tomorrow and will have to pick one up ;) hubby won't be with me this time lol

Good luck with everything Jess, hopefully it's the hook effect happening and the digi helps ease your mind a bit xo

Good luck ! I agree it may be the hook effect happening !
Your ultrasound is coming up so soon too so hopefully it shows a little heathy bean and you won't worry anymore <3

I agree may be hook. Use random urine sample/dilute and see how it looks. I wouldn't waste $ on digital. They can get overwhelmed after a certain point and not give the right reading. Only thing you can do is really wait until Friday. The ultrasound is the best way to see what's going on. Hpt still says you're pregnant so I'd go with that. Hoping all is okay!!

I did some reading on the hook effect and was amazed by the whole thing!
I've heard of it before but didn't really understand what it was. I have a better understanding of it now and I'm hoping that's what it is :)
Thanks for the reassurance girls :hugs:

The hook effect with my 2 year old happened to me at exactly 6 weeks! They say not to test too far along for exactly that reason,the hcg is too high sometimes by then for the test to cope, I got a really early bfp at 7dpo on a Superdrug Early test after faint pos on ICS at 6dpo, I felt ok too at 6 weeks it was 7 before the nausea hit. I hadn't heard of the hook effect before and tried it out, sure enough the line was faint with concentrated wee and as dark as control with diluted wee! Really hope this is the case for you hunni xxx

Thanks Oasis717! Love hearing all the positive stories! :)

So today was a lazy day and I got nothing done lol no shopping either
When I run into town next I am going to have to buy some more tests and try this hook effect thing out for myself! It's got my couriousity peaked now!

I've been super crampy all day and now I'm bleeding (not a lot) but it's bright red :(

Going to the ER to get some answers.

Oh Jess, I hope everything is okay. Thinking of you!

Jess we have everything crossed for you! I hope you get positive news at hospital ((BIG HUGS))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->