*update* Go on then, when did you hear heartbeat on a Doppler?

7w+6d still can't find it...we've only had it for a few days and we haven't tried every day because I work a ton. It's rated for 10-12 weeks, so if I find it before then I'll be happy :)

Well I tried at 9 weeks and now I daren't try again! Shall I leave it til 10 weeks now or have another go at the weekend?

Well I tried at 9 weeks and now I daren't try again! Shall I leave it til 10 weeks now or have another go at the weekend?

It depends how crazy waiting will make you, and how crazy not finding it will make you. Whichever will make you less crazy is the one to do! I'd probably vow to wait and then cheat a few days later...

I voted 12 weeks, but I think it was actually 13 weeks. I know it was after my 12 week appt (when we first heard the heartbeat) and it took me a couple days after that to find it. I had tried on and off for a couple weeks before that but never found it.

Like someone else said it's kind of what would be less stressful for you. Since our doppler isn't rated for until 10-12 weeks, I fully expect not to be able to find it before then. To me, if I find it before then, great! If not, I'm not stressed about it because it's technically not rated for until much later. We try almost every day, and haven't found it. It doesn't stress me out.

Reading this thread the other day actually reminded me that I had a doppler I'd completly forgotten lol anyway yesterday I have it a go didn't find it but totally expected it to be honest...its from 12 weeks on and my last preg I found it at 13 weeks so wasnt stressing ...but hey I found my heartbeat that's always a good sign lmao xxx

7 weeks and nothing. Only getting my pulse which is 130(ish)BPM.

Stupid stupid Doppler :( think I'm going to have to get a private scan, it's stressing me out now!!

Stupid stupid Doppler :( think I'm going to have to get a private scan, it's stressing me out now!!

Hun most dopplers are from use at 12 weeks plus...only sonogram dopplers can pick up hb really early on...im also just over 9 weeks and cant find anything no matter how long I try for...please try not to stress I'm sure everything is fine with bubs its totally normal to find nothing at this point xxx hugs to you as I know how hard it can be finding nothing.. if scan puts u at ease then do it hunny...iv put mine away now till 12 week's as last time it took till 13 weeks to find it and even then took me good half hour to get it xxx

I thought I'd dust off my old Doppler that I bought prior to my DS and give it a go as had quite a lot of cramping today and thought it can't hurt to try. Wasn't expecting to find anything but managed to find a heartbeat of 163bpm quite quickly, that has got to be bubba? right? Oh in case someone is wondering which doppler I have used, it's a Sonoline B Doppler and I am 8w2d. x

Well Today I changed the battery's and tried with a full bladder and I *think* what I found was the placenta low down just off centre about 1cm above pubic line. I heard my usual heartbeat but behind it was a really fast uneven and syncopated beat. My Doppler only picked up my usual heart rate on the screen but it sounded really clear. Could that be baby behind the placenta???

My friend is loaning me hers tomorrow but may try to wait until Saturday which is 9 weeks and I know it's early and I'm scared I won't find it then I'll freak out.

9+5, but have put 10 weeks cause it pretty much was :p Was so exciting!!

I just heard it for the first time this afternoon, I'm 8+4. :) I've been trying with no luck and really wasn't expecting to hear anything for another couple of weeks but I sure found at least one today! 164 bpm :) I've never been able to pick it up this early on my Doppler before, nor my midwives. Only on ultrasound.

I'm 7w6d today and I knew I shouldn't have but I've been using my Doppler for a couple of days and still haven't heard heartbeat. I'm sure everything is ok as it's still early, it's just hard that I don't have my first appointment until next Thursday to see if everything is alright!

My appointment was 8w1d and got the heartbeat right away.
I ordered my doppler and it came in yesterday, I found the hb on second try - 169bpm :happydance:
So I voted 10w since that's when I got the doppler :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->