UPDATE! I had my early scan today - don't know what to think???

- Butterfly -

Cautiously Pregnant
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

So I thought I was 6w3d. yesterday had cramping and brown spotting. eventually got doctor to agree to a scan which I had today.

It was a transvaginal scan that was carried out and basically she said that the gestational sac measures 5mm which makes me 5 weeks pregnant (nothing else there) and that it is far too early to tell anything else and a further scan booked for 20th April.

Ok so on the positive note you could think well at 5 weeks the cramping, possible implantation spotting is explained and also the lack of pregnancy symptoms all make sense.

But what doesn't make sense to me is that it was 19 days ago when I got my :bfp:............. so surely the maths say that I'm more than 5 weeks.

My LMP was 24th Feb. Ovulated around 7th March. Very faint positive 21st March.............. I just don't get it.:hissy:

Please give me your words of wisdom - good or bad...............

Mollie would have been 18 months old today so emotional anyway. :cry:

If you have gone in for cramping and spotting ect they are usually just checking to make sure bubs is in the right place. Usually dating isnt really accurate until after 8 weeks..they shouldnt have really said anything to you as gestational sizes vary from woman to woman.

Mollie is a beautiful angel, you must be so proud xx

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

So I thought I was 6w3d. yesterday had cramping and brown spotting. eventually got doctor to agree to a scan which I had today.

It was a transvaginal scan that was carried out and basically she said that the gestational sac measures 5mm which makes me 5 weeks pregnant (nothing else there) and that it is far too early to tell anything else and a further scan booked for 20th April.

Ok so on the positive note you could think well at 5 weeks the cramping, possible implantation spotting is explained and also the lack of pregnancy symptoms all make sense.

But what doesn't make sense to me is that it was 19 days ago when I got my :bfp:............. so surely the maths say that I'm more than 5 weeks.

My LMP was 24th Feb. Ovulated around 7th March. Very faint positive 21st March.............. I just don't get it.:hissy:

Please give me your words of wisdom - good or bad...............

Mollie would have been 18 months old today so emotional anyway. :cry:

hiya sweet i cant give any advice i have no clue abt scans and dates but what i can say is your LMP was the same day as mine 24th feb i had 2 have a scan y'day because i had some pain in left side and doctor wanted to rule out etopic so any ways i thought by my LMP that i should of been 6weeks 1day y'day so had to have internal scan and my pregnancy was measuring 5weeks 4days like your there was only a sac i didnt think to ask abt a yok or fetal pole but i did ask if every thing looked normal and doctor said yes i also have to go back next week for another scan F'X for us both that there will be a HB :hugs:

If you have gone in for cramping and spotting ect they are usually just checking to make sure bubs is in the right place. Usually dating isnt really accurate until after 8 weeks..they shouldnt have really said anything to you as gestational sizes vary from woman to woman.

Mollie is a beautiful angel, you must be so proud xx

Incredibly proud of my little girl who was amazing and brave and beautiful and I miss her.

I'm so happy to be pregnant but so worried at the same time. At 6w3d I didn't expect the sac to be empty but they said it's still too early. I read other ladies post that they see hb between 6 - 7 weeks. It's all so confusing :dohh:

Oh wow Kitkat - that's amazing what you've told me - thank you so much for sharing that with me.

Oh wow Kitkat - that's amazing what you've told me - thank you so much for sharing that with me.

your welcome sweet . i know its so hard and i cant talk because im a worry wart but we should try and relax till we get our scans next week im sure we will both be fine my scan is on the17th april and your is on the 20th EVERY THING CROSSED FOR US BABE

xx:hugs:

I know it sucks to have to wait...and your story actually makes me more nervous/prepared for my 6 week scan which is this Tuesday coming....but I hope the next scan is more conclusive. I've read that not everyone hears the hb at this point and usually the follow up scans show much more. How are your HCG levels? anyshoes, :hugs: and here's to a growing bean!!

I know it sucks to have to wait...and your story actually makes me more nervous/prepared for my 6 week scan which is this Tuesday coming....but I hope the next scan is more conclusive. I've read that not everyone hears the hb at this point and usually the follow up scans show much more. How are your HCG levels? anyshoes, :hugs: and here's to a growing bean!!

good luck for your scan bklove

your welcome sweet . i know its so hard and i cant talk because im a worry wart but we should try and relax till we get our scans next week im sure we will both be fine my scan is on the17th april and your is on the 20th EVERY THING CROSSED FOR US BABE

xx:hugs:

Awww thanks hun. yeah will definately be crossing everything!

Thanks BKLove - not sure of HCG levels - blood taken today so another wait for those results

Sorry you are going through this confusing time.

I had the same on my first scan at 7 weeks, but a week later the baby was there with a HB. I found out later the scans were off due to my retroverted uterus, which makes things harder to see. They are very common!

Good luck & I hope everything is looking clearer by your next scan :hugs:

hi butterfly. Your dates are almost the same as mine. Lmp was 21 Feb ovulation around 9 to 15 th march I think, and I'm 4 wks from conception or 7 wks by lmp dates. So by that reckoning you are smack bang on track (although to be fair I'm rubbish at maths!!). Does that make any sense?? Xxx

hi butterfly. Your dates are almost the same as mine. Lmp was 21 Feb ovulation around 9 to 15 th march I think, and I'm 4 wks from conception or 7 wks by lmp dates. So by that reckoning you are smack bang on track (although to be fair I'm rubbish at maths!!). Does that make any sense?? Xxx

Thanks Buffy but the sonographer said 5 weeks and not 6 1/2 weeks. But I've received some really positive feedback on here.

Thanks for your support.

Butterfly you should definately listen to what moomoo says, gestational sacs very early on differ in size, mostly EPAU's try to keep scans to 8 weeks so that they can see the hb. I would just keep trying to keep a PMA until your next scan. I was a week less than I thought going off my dates when I had my early scan.

Good Luck xx

Thanks third time.

Thank you all so much I really feel so much better, if not a bit silly, I am definately going to keep up the PMA.

:hugs:

Butterfly, like ladies say if you are 5 weeks as the scan suggested then early days to see much and I always found my pregnancy symptoms never really started until 6/7 weeks.
Good luck to you all with your scans:happydance:
Your angel daughter is beautiful Butterfly.

Butterfly, like ladies say if you are 5 weeks as the scan suggested then early days to see much and I always found my pregnancy symptoms never really started until 6/7 weeks.
Good luck to you all with your scans:happydance:
Your angel daughter is beautiful Butterfly.

thanks. Yeah I'm really gonna try to relax and keep up PMA.

Yes my angel is beautiful - thank you. xx

I'm sorry your scan wasn't more reassuring hun :hugs:

Could you possibly have ovulated later than you thought? Or maybe like others have said, it is just variation in gestational sac sizes and when you go next time things may have 'caught up' with themselves so to speak?

I wish i could be more help to you.

Big :hug:

Also, the very early transvaginal scans aren't necessarily incredibly accurate. It's much more difficult to predict dates than they let on. After all, we adults are a variety of sizes, so embryos will be, too...

I was two weeks behind my dates and everything is fine, and I haven't caught up with my dates either. But, I guess I just didn't ovulate when I should have.

Mollie is Beautiful hun. It must be such a hard time for you at the moment but do try to think positive about the scans hun, its still early days. I think cramping is usual and brown spotting is ok as long as it isn't bright red and fresh like an AF.

Fingers crossed :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"