UPDATE! I had my early scan today - don't know what to think???

I had the same thing at my early scan and had to go back for another, then there was a heart beat

i hope this is the case for you

Hi Butterfly,
you've got some good advice and reassurance from the girls on here. Hopefully your next scan will make everything clearer and you will hear a lovely strong heartbeat.

Hi Butterfly,
you've got some good advice and reassurance from the girls on here. Hopefully your next scan will make everything clearer and you will hear a lovely strong heartbeat.

Hi Polaris

Yes the girls on here are fantastic - I do feel so much more positive. It's so great that everyone is prepared to share their experiences and it can put our minds at rest a little.

I have a another question though..................... I went to A&E Wednesday night but they didn't have a sonographer available but booked me an appointment for April 16th at the general hospital. After my scan on thursday a follow up scan was booked at the royal hospital on 20th April.

I don't know whether to go to the one on the 16th or not as it will have only been a week since the original scan or just to wait until the 20th? Or go to both and play dumb? What do you think?

And thank you and big :hugs: to everyone. You really are fantastic. xx

I'm sorry your scan wasn't more reassuring hun :hugs:

Could you possibly have ovulated later than you thought? Or maybe like others have said, it is just variation in gestational sac sizes and when you go next time things may have 'caught up' with themselves so to speak?

I wish i could be more help to you.

Big :hug:

Hi Rebaby. If I ovulated later then that would make perfect sense. Could you have a look at my chart please - I can't see where I might of ovulated later especially as we were resting from :sex: :rofl:so unless the :spermy: hung around for quite a few days! which is possible!!

I'm not sure what would be the best thing to do. It would be lovely to have the scan on the 16th if it was good news but I wonder if it would be better to wait till the 20th just to make sure that you get a clear answer?
I don't know and I've no experience of early scans but I think I might be inclined to wait till 20th in case the results on 16th were still confusing.

Hey - Butterfly -
I'm kinda going through the same thing. I was took into A&E last night with bleeding. They done a scan, seen the sac but no heartbeat or baby. They've booked me in for another scan for Monday 20th April but I've received a letter this morning for my dating scan which is Friday 17th April. I think what we're going to do is go to the 17th one and if all is well then we'll cancel the 20th scan. If they still can't see anything then we'll go to the 20th one too. I have my fingers crossed for you.
x

Hey - Butterfly -
I'm kinda going through the same thing. I was took into A&E last night with bleeding. They done a scan, seen the sac but no heartbeat or baby. They've booked me in for another scan for Monday 20th April but I've received a letter this morning for my dating scan which is Friday 17th April. I think what we're going to do is go to the 17th one and if all is well then we'll cancel the 20th scan. If they still can't see anything then we'll go to the 20th one too. I have my fingers crossed for you.
x

I hope and pray for us both that all is good.

not had a early scan before but when i had my dating scan they put me back a week n half? i dont understand it but try and relax, hope everything is well x

*big hugs* Butterfly.

It's a nervous time whoever you are.

I had an early 6 week scan after spotting, but I wasn't led to believe that they would be able to tell anything other than it was in the right place. So I went away feeling as good as I could, knowing our 'blob' was in the right place and not ectopic etc.

At the 8 week scan we got to see the heartbeat (which was great) - but I think it's often better in these early stages if you have less info and less to worry about.

I had my first midwife visit yesterday. She was lovely, but we had a bit of a wobble to begin with when she tried to explain you can decline the 12 week scan 'if you don't wish to know if somethings wrong' - I'd never thought of the 12 week scan as looking for something being wrong, I just took it as being nosey at your lovely wee bub in there... but the minute she said it that way - it affected my outlook. Thankfully I think that was just a slip up for her... but it helps if you can shut anything worrying out.

Fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks Seraphim

It seems to happen alot so I'm trying to think more positively but at the same time be prepared for what might be happening.

Hope you have a lovely Easter and your sickness doesn't stop you eating some Easter egg!

xxx

This thread is very old but I thought maybe there might still be some ladies out there with answers. I had an ultrasound this morning, it was a high tech sonogram style with big equipment. They said I'm measuring 5wk5days but as I did ivf we know for sure I am 7wk3days. They couldn't tell if it was just tissue or if it was a slower growing embryo. There was no heartbeat but a small dot of blood flow.
I am waiting a whole week for next ultrasound. They pretty much said it will be to confirm the pregnancy failed, but that there is still a small chance. The nurse thought she saw a yolk, which is a good sign.
Urgh. Just trying to find answers... It's a tricky thing to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->