Update on my growth scan

Lady_Bee

Two little ones
Reaction score
My fundal height was measuring short on Monday and I was booked in for a growth scan. I had the scan this morning and everything looked normal! :happydance: Normal sized baby and normal amniotic fluid levels. Thank goodness for that!

His estimated weight at 29.5 weeks gestation is 2 lb and 13 ozs. So he's doing fine. Lol I couldn't help noticing that his femurs are still a bit shorter than everything else just like at my 20 week scan... I think something like the 20th percentile but definitely not a cause for concern.

Interestingly, he was lying transverse instead of in a vertical position - could this be what skewed the fundal height measurement? That must make a difference right?

Anyway I am RELIEVED. I know a lot of women have the same thing happen (fundal height measures off, sent for growth scan) but it seems like in the majority of cases it really is nothing to worry about at all. :thumbup:

I wouldn't worry. My sons femurs were measuring a couple of weeks behind his head, I honestly thought I was having a dwarf baby.
He is 2 years old now and over 3ft tall !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->