update on wisdom tooth hell:O(

Bernie

Reaction score
Well i managed to get a emergency dentist appointment yesturday morning after being at my wits end with the pain. The dentist said its an infection and he talked about maybe the need for the tooth to be removed. Im now on antibiotics which he gave me a 5 day course to take. He recommended a pain killers to take. He said as i have an appoinment tuesday morning i would need to have some x rays done to see if i need it removed. I found that eating is sooo painful as the tooth has gone so far back it has cut a hole in my cheek:cry: So im guessing thats whats causing the infection and is making my other teeth ache. The dentist couldnt see much as i couldnt open my mouth wide so fingers crossed they can get a good look tomorrow. Im not holding out much hope that the infection will go until the tooth is removed. Im really scared now coz i dont know what to expect when they take these teeth out is it better to have a local or a general anestic? Please can someone who has had them out tell me your expeierences?

Many thanks Bernie :flower:

One of my wisdom teeth got infected really badly when I was 17 and I had to have them all out. The infection was sooo painful and I didn't fight the decision to have them out because I didn't want to keep going on antibiotics if they kept getting infected and the dentist said it wouldn't be fixed without having them removed.
I had them out under general in hospital (all 4 even though I was only having trouble with 1)
It wasn't a 'nice' experience but it was totally fine!!! I hated the general (waking up felt weird), but looking back it was great that they were all taken out and I've never had any problems since!!
I was one night in hospital and was a bit sore and swollen the next day, but of course they give you great painkillers and I think I pretty much slept it all off :)
I can say that my experience wasn't traumatic at all!

Now, keep in mind I was 17 when this happened and had never been sick or in hospital. After having children the op and the pain is probably a walk in the park :haha:

ouch that sounded painful:wacko: Ive had c sections so i suppose if i can have 2 babies via c setion then i should be able to do this without being a nervous wreak. I had to have a general when having my first daughter 2 and a half years ago but i didnt get much time to panick about it. I hope i dont have to go to hospital i hope they can do it in the dentist:wacko:

A guy I worked with had to have his out under general in hospital, He lost so much weight cause he couldn't eat but was refusing to do anything about it, he was terrified of dentists, so I had a right go at him and had a word with his brother and we made him go.

He was in and out the same day so he was a bit happier about it. He did say it wasn't that bad after having it done. :thumbup:

xx

Will see what the dentist says tomorrow. Im pretty sure that one will deffo have to come out and to be honest im feeling pretty crappy at the mo so they are welcome to take it out so i can eat properly again.Im so fed up with it now,i even think the antibiotics are making me feel sick and making me get headaches:cry:

Hugs hun i hope the pain is getting better. My OH had three of his out under a local this year and to be honest i don't think it was as bad as he thought. The day of the op he was in pain afterwards but we kept him dosed up on pain killers. The next day he managed some food and the following day he was back at work, no pain relief and almost normal! It took a couple of weeks for it to heal properly but he said its the best thing he ever did as the relief now is massive. Good luck xxxx

I broke my wisdom tooth last year without realising (don't ask how lol) but it got infected and it was horrific, I've never experienced pain like it! I didn't sleep for 3 nights! I had it taken out with local anaethstetic (came out easily though as it was so badly broken) and it was the best thing ever! A tiny bit of soreness was nothing in comparison to the pain of the infection. I hope you are feeling better now x

Hi yes im fine now thanks for all your advice. I had to have it removed on friday and it wasnt as bad as i expected it to be.I was a nervous wreck and nearly backed out but im glad i didnt. I feel so much better now although my mouth is still a little sore coz im having to eat on the other side so its making that side sore now. Still rinsing my mouth out with salt water just waiting for the hole to heal up now so i can eat properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->