**Update Pg 6 - It's a...** Booked my gender scan for THIS SATURDAY!

Lisa_84

Reaction score
Hi lovely ladies,

We had a wonderful ultrasound today at 12+3 weeks, and baby was very active and squirmy! NT measurement was 1.2 mm which is reassuring.

We are dying to know the gender but just for fun, any guesses? Here's our current baby at 12+3:

12weekultrasound_baby2_web.jpg

And for comparison here is our first baby, a boy, at his 12 week scan:

LiamHines_12weeks_web.jpg

Thanks in advance for any opinions! :flower:

definitely looks like boy to me, very similar to my 12 week scan and same nub :0), beautiful pic btw xox

I actually thought the nub looked rather girly! Am I crazy? LOL

Also I know skull theory isn't too reliable but this baby seems to have a much flatter forehead than my son...?

its kinda hard to tell the angle of the nub because baby should be flatter but is more curled. if baby was flat...i would def think girl too. but for some reason, i feel like if you straightened that kid out ,lol, the nub would be pointing upward. but thats just a guess, lol. Also, i thoght skull looked more boy, but I am not great with skulls. congrats either way :)

Thank you! :) Nope that's my baby boy Liam :) He's almost 15 months old now - the other scan pic in the first post is his 12 week scan for comparison.

Okay because I'm crazy I played around in Photoshop a bit, rotated baby to angle the spine down a bit, and tried to place the 'angle of the dangle' with arrows...? The examples I've seen all seem to compare to the "rump" part of the spine. Thoughts?

BTW I'd still be thrilled with a boy, but the nub looked girly to me so I dunno :shrug:

12weekultrasound_baby2_web_edit.jpg

Or is it *just* the tip I should be aiming for? I've read that girls and boys can have the forked thing on the end.

ok, well, the 3d shot of ur first is amazing!!

but, ugh, yours is a tough one. I totally see what you mean, and now with the arrows there I don't think the angle would be as great as I thought. You may have swayed my guess to girl :) the nub def looks girly. Well, now I can't wait for you to find out ;)

I think it's a boy too, it looks just like my sons scan pic x

I would say boy to aswell, it looks to me to kind of curve and go up iyswim?
Skull I would say Boy too but like you say, I really don't think it is very reliable at all :)

Thanks ladies! Would love to hear more guesses and why :)

ok, well, the 3d shot of ur first is amazing!!

but, ugh, yours is a tough one. I totally see what you mean, and now with the arrows there I don't think the angle would be as great as I thought. You may have swayed my guess to girl :) the nub def looks girly. Well, now I can't wait for you to find out ;)

I know! It's confusing eh? I'm still seeing a girly nub but maybe I'm just hopeful for one ;) will definitely update as soon as I know!

It's very interesting to see everyone's guesses! Anyone else?

I think girl but im new to this. Congratulations on baby xx

Thank you Suzie! I've actually got all girl guesses over on the in-gender board which is super exciting!

I have been obsessed with in gender!! Its a great site too. Ur nub is almost pointing down! Mine was the same and I had all girl guesses. I find out on mon and will be updating but id be suprised if urs wasnt a wee princess too ;-)

I have been obsessed with in gender!! Its a great site too. Ur nub is almost pointing down! Mine was the same and I had all girl guesses. I find out on mon and will be updating but id be suprised if urs wasnt a wee princess too ;-)

Suzie I would lose my MIND, LOL! I swear I had dreams the night before my scan about girl, and I can't stop looking at the scan :) My poor husband keeps telling me not to get my hopes up and while I totally agree with him I can't HELP IT! I would adore my baby boy or girl, but this is definitely our last child and I want a girl a lot :) My husband is one of two boys, and I have a younger brother, so it would be the first girl in a while!

Do you have a scan pic? So jealous you get to find out so soon! :thumbup:

Aw Lisa I am exactly the same!! I feel like I just know its a girl but my husband thinks its just wishful thinking! As soon as I saw ur scan I thought girl :pink: and then saw everyones more experienced boy guesses and still believed girl. I'll keep my fingers crossed for u hunni and will let u know if my nub was true to theory!! Can not wait for my scan feels like ive been waiting forever. Itll be ur turn soon enough :happydance: I'll attach my 2 scan pics I thought my 1st one was like urs xx

Attachments

• baby bean 2.jpg
    baby bean 2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 6
  • baby bean.jpg
    baby bean.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads