UPDATED 9/28 * 4 wks after D&C...WTH???

ladypotter

Three Girls!!!
Reaction score
Not sure what to think of this. I started feeling off today (have been fine for three weeks since my D&C). Decided to buy a test kit today (FRER). Got home and took the test:

https://images.photo2.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp532%3C%3B%3Enu%3D3244%3E484%3E233%3EWSNRCG%3D32885%3B%3A654325nu0mrj

I don't know if this is leftover HCG from the D&C after 4 weeks or if I am pg again??? Any ideas??? Thoughts???

THANKS!!! :wacko:

UPDATED 9/28

took an FRER this morning. The line was lighter than the one above :cry:

I can only assume this means that it was leftover HCG from my D&C 4 wks ago. I am utterly bummed. I was so hoping for a miracle because my DH is completely done and this was my last shot!!! :nope:

Thanks girls for sticking it out with me

It looks like it could be positive to me, but I really haven't a clue with regards to the HCG after the D&C ... hope someone with a bit more knowledge can come along and help you soon hun ... xxxx

It's possible it could be either, I just did a quick google and there are a few other cases of people getting a positive 4/5 weeks later. However someone said it's possible, but unlikely to be residual HCG after this length of time... have you had a period since the D&C?

It might be worth doing another test in a few days, to see if it gets any darker... Or just go straight to your doc and get a blood test. :hugs:

xx

That's definitely positive, but hard to say if it's left over from your previous pregnancy. How annoying!

It is very dark, and i would have thought levels would have dropped massively after a D&C so it wouldn't show up so dark.

Wish i had an answer for you, hopefully someone else who has been in a similar situation will be able to guide you.

It's possible its the leftover from the prev. pregnancy. It can take up to 12 weeks to get completely out of your system depending how far along you were. I just went through 2 MC's and the first was natural and my numbers decreased quickly because they were not that high and then I fell preg right away with no AF. then I had another MC in Aug D&C and AF came back about 4 weeks later so my body is back to normal. But everyone is diff. depending how far along you were and stuff...I would get a blood test to see if your numbers are dropping or you might have leftover tissue in there also...

Aw hunni good luck fx for ya xx

It's possible it could be either, I just did a quick google and there are a few other cases of people getting a positive 4/5 weeks later. However someone said it's possible, but unlikely to be residual HCG after this length of time... have you had a period since the D&C?

It might be worth doing another test in a few days, to see if it gets any darker... Or just go straight to your doc and get a blood test. :hugs:

xx

I googles the heck out of this issue yesterday and got such a 50/50 response...some had leftover after 6wks, but mostly those who had natural mc's, typically those with D&Cs had - tests within 1-3wks.

No period yet. I was expecting it any day now if I go by my normal cycle. I know they can be off after a mc, but as this was my fourth mc, I have noticed that my cycles stay pretty regular afterwords.

I am so on the fence...either its new and I am excited / scared becasue it is so soon, or this is leftover and I am just torturing myself!! ugh!!! :blush:

are u all trying again already? when did u dtd?

Nope...just the opposite, DH doesn't WANT to try again. But we have always used the family planning and pull out method because I react badly to birth control and he didn't want to do a V until now (which he is planning for November). We have DTD 3 time in the last 2 weeks I think. First time was 2 weeks after the D&C as suggested by the doctor (which was the 12th). All times using the pull out method.

BUT...Family planning doesn't work to well on a wacky cycle, so we don't really know when/if I even O'd this month, but still using the pull out method (which I got pg on back in July). This is so wierd because for 6 years this worked for us and now all of a sudden two times in a row, it has not worked (unless this is just leftover HCG in which case, one time). We shall see I guess.

hun i think it can be a new pregnancy i had a d&c 17 days ago i was supposed too be around 10 weeks by lmp but died at 6 weeks and i have no hcg left and i think im ovulating today as i got a positive opk and digi on friday so it can possibly be a new pregnancy can you get the clearblue digi with conception ind that will tell you when you concieved xxxx

hun i think it can be a new pregnancy i had a d&c 17 days ago i was supposed too be around 10 weeks by lmp but died at 6 weeks and i have no hcg left and i think im ovulating today as i got a positive opk and digi on friday so it can possibly be a new pregnancy can you get the clearblue digi with conception ind that will tell you when you concieved xxxx

I wish...we don't have those CB tests here (U.S.). Ours just say pregnant or not pregnant.

I honestly hope this is a new one and that it sticks, but of course am frightened that it is too soon....but either way it really is my last chance because DH is planning a Vasectomy in November (something we talked about to death)!! He said he is happy if this is a new pg, but I know he wouldn't want to "TRY" again if it isn't...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->