*UPDATED!!!* Does HCG drop before bleeding starts in an MC?

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted, and if it's one thing I hate is when OP's don't update their threads.

So it's all still up in the air, my HCG which was 175 the night before I bled, rose to 216 three days later. Obviously not a huge rise at all. I had another repeat blood test two days later again and the result was 338. Doctor did a trans-vaginal scan and could see a thick uterine lining, but nothing else, no sac, she couldn't see anything in the tubes either. Two days later and my HCG was 588.

I am so confused. I'm assuming that big bleed I had wasn't in fact an MC due to the fact my levels are still rising. But they're still on the very low side. And they're not doubling every 48 hours. I'm still spotting, but when I say spotting, I mean VERY little. Just a smear of brown on the tissue after I pee.

Back next week for another scan. Don't know what to think.

You wont see anything on a scan till your levels are at least 1500.
I found this out as i had 2 early miscarriages and both times this happened, hence why they dont really scan till your at least 6 weeks

Good luck

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted, and if it's one thing I hate is when OP's don't update their threads.

So it's all still up in the air, my HCG which was 175 the night before I bled, rose to 216 three days later. Obviously not a huge rise at all. I had another repeat blood test two days later again and the result was 338. Doctor did a trans-vaginal scan and could see a thick uterine lining, but nothing else, no sac, she couldn't see anything in the tubes either. Two days later and my HCG was 588.

I am so confused. I'm assuming that big bleed I had wasn't in fact an MC due to the fact my levels are still rising. But they're still on the very low side. And they're not doubling every 48 hours. I'm still spotting, but when I say spotting, I mean VERY little. Just a smear of brown on the tissue after I pee.

Back next week for another scan. Don't know what to think.

You wont see anything on a scan till your levels are at least 1500.
I found this out as i had 2 early miscarriages and both times this happened, hence why they dont really scan till your at least 6 weeks

Good luck

Yeah I should be 1500 by the day of the scan BUT I'll also be 7.5 weeks pregnant (by LMP). It doesn't add up at all! :(

I'm afraid mine did this with my last MC, the results can be very cruel and mine nearly doubled(although low) just before I started to bleed :)

I'm afraid mine did this with my last MC, the results can be very cruel and mine nearly doubled(although low) just before I started to bleed :)

I'd almost prefer an MC to an ectopic! How far along were you/did you get?

Hi, I was 5 weeks with first and 6 weeks with the second, I'm now 8 weeks 5 days pregnant and crossing everything I've got!

Thanks for the update and sorry that you don't' really have any answers yet. Hang in there while you wait for the next scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->