*updated* possible ectopic & hcg levels???

amgraf86

Reaction score
Ok ladies I need some help and some good vibes... sorry this is gonna be a long one....

On Thursday 7/17 I started spotting which for me is really rare mid cycle something told me to take a test so I did when I got home from work. I took a Clear blue hpt and it came up bfp so not believing it I took another this one being First Response and that was bfp. The next morning I took a digit test and that was bfp. Over the next several days I took more and all 10 were bfp's. I know that seems like over kill but I have now had 3 miscarriages I was not playing around.
I called the doctor first thing Monday AM and they said they would not see me until I was 10 weeks which to me seemed super absurd so I explained that I have had several problems in the past and that I was not sure what was going on. They called me back and asked me to come in come for a urine test and if that was positive then blood work, I rushed in to the office I do the test they tell me its negative and they are changing my next appointment to a regular gynecologic visit. I told the women something had to be wrong because how did I get 10 bfp's at home but I am negative at the doctors. I forced the issue to get the blood work done they do it and tell me they will be calling me in the morning.
They called me this morning to tell me that my blood work came back positive but my number was only 199 . The Dr then proceeded to tell me she didn't understand why I would even test when I had a full cycle of bleeding right before and what was I thinking and then explains to me that its her opinion that i shouldn't mid cycle test again because it only causes disappointment. So she explains that her concern is that I have a ectopic pregnancy because my level is low and my progesterone is also very low.
I have to go have my bloods done again and a sonogram tomorrow morning and now I am all confused and just upset has anyone else had any issues like this before?

*update*
today I went for my sonogram and instead of finding a baby they found 2 very large tumors. I have to have more testing tomorrow and then a follow up ultrasound on Monday to see if they can find a fetal sack. Either way I am now looking at needing surgery :nope: this stinks but I can only hope they see Nugget on Monday!

Unfortunately I have...twice...and neither time had a happy ending. With my first ectopic pregnancy I started bleeding, but we had been trying so I tested anyways and got a positive. My dr also said she didn't understand why I would have tested (I was pretty young at the time and from the start she didn't respect me) and would not listen to me when I said something is wrong, that I shouldn't be bleeding as much as I was if I was 8 weeks pregnant (yes, i blead everyday for 6 weeks until they though i was having a mc and sent me to the hospital where they discovered it was actually ectopic). My levels were low and my progesterone was low. Fastforward to March 2014. I get a positive test again. No bleeding. Assumed everything was fine. My progesterone was low, but they did early blood testing and i doubled like i should have, so was prescribed progesterone and sent on my way. A week later i start bleeding and go to the er assuming i'm having a mc. Levels were only at 2500 when they should have been at least 6000. Check me out and conclude i had a mc and send me home. go see my regular dr the next day and they also conclude i had a mc, took blood, then took blood again a week later. I blead for a few days and stopped like my dr said would happen. My hcg rose from 2500 to 6000...not enough for a healthy pregnancy. Went in and had emergency surgury (again!) to remove another ectopic (and my tube this time, to prevent any more ectopics).

I'm not trying to scare you. You could just be really early, just telling you my experience. I've had two ectopics with different symptoms. Neither time hurt like a most women say do. Never felt a thing. Only knew something was wrong because of the bleeding.

Thank you for your reply mod19. This has just been a crazy ride I hope it works out well on our end I have to keep my thoughts positive

That's all you can do. I hope all is well and everything turns out just fine. Good luck and keepbus updated

That's all you can do. I hope all is well and everything turns out just fine. Good luck and keepbus updated

I just found out that I never respondned to this come to find out my pregnancy was Ovarian so they did a methotrexate shot to end it they also had found the Tumors at that time and in October I had 2 TUMORS removed.

Wow that's crazy. I'm sorry that happened. Any luck since then?

Wow that's crazy. I'm sorry that happened. Any luck since then?

I had my surgery in October and ended up having complications. Because of that January is our first month trying again. There is actually a very good chance that we are pregnant this month and I will know Monday I am late but I am holding off just incase I am late for other reasons it's been a very stressful time for my family so it's possible that Stress is messing me up but I can only hope that it actually worked this time and it sticks!!

Well I'm sorry about all the complications, but please update on Monday after you test!

Sadly my vistior came and came with a vengeance. I have been in such pain it's not like I could expect it to be easy since I was late but ugh this sucks

Well that's a bummer. I'm sorry.

How was your experience with the methotrexate? I just had it on Thursday and am wondering what to expect? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->