*updated*Thread 4 late showing AF with BFN.Then can track if the result is BFP or AF

Well still nothing....(I know it's only been a couple hours!)
I want a BFP :(

Debating whether to try another test when I get home, but it's such a waste...!

Hi i'm new to this. Please can somone tell me what all the letters mean - BFN, AF, etc

I would like to join in. I am on cd 41. I had blood tinged mucous on cd 18 (January 7) thought then that it was implantation bleeding....but, nothing except a slew of bfns since then. Except for one accu clear BFP but, it turns out that they are totally not reliable...and the $tree test I took right after was BFN

how much money do you think we waste on tests! waste might not be the right word but when i buy them i think every time this wil be the last packet because i must be pregnant but no, another day another box or sometimes another month a few boxes!

i wish that we could just look at our stomach and look in a little window and it would say congrats you will be a mum in 8 months and 3 days!

think i am living in dream land.
one more sleep till i am at the Dr and might get to see what is going on!

:dust: trish :dust:

and sticky dust to you all too

Hi i'm new to this. Please can somone tell me what all the letters mean - BFN, AF, etc

Hi Claire and welcome. I am pretty new too. If you go to the main B&B page there is a thread up the top called B&B abbreviations (or something like that). That gives a list of all the terminology.
The main ones are
TCC - Trying to conceive
BFP - big fat positive (on pregnancy test!)
BFN - big fat negative (the one we don't like)
AF - aunt flo, means your period for some unknown reason! Also known as the witch :witch:.
TWW - two week wait - after ovulation waiting till it's time to test or till your period comes.
OV - Ovulation
POAS - pee on a stick (as in pregnancy test or ovulation prediction kits)
There is lots more but can't think of them now.
How long are you TTC?
Polaris

I would like to join in. I am on cd 41. I had blood tinged mucous on cd 18 (January 7) thought then that it was implantation bleeding....but, nothing except a slew of bfns since then. Except for one accu clear BFP but, it turns out that they are totally not reliable...and the $tree test I took right after was BFN

Gajen,

Maybe you should visit GP and get blood test. How late are you? I'm in similar situation.

Came of pill in October but had regular 31 cycles for nov and dec, now i'm 5 days late, 16-17DPO. Hve done about 3 tests, all neg. Tried a FRER, CB Digi & Superdrug own. Looked at a website and they said in a lot of cases it wouldn't pick up HCG hormone until at LEAST 18dpo and even then sometimes you have to wait til you are a couple of weeks late. I can't bear it. Going to make a doc apt for Tues to put be out of my misery if :witch: still hasn't got me. I've had no blood AT ALL, but lots of crams, watery/sticky CM (sorry TMI) and lower back pain, as if AF is coming but then never does.

Good luck all

:hug:

well i am 8 day late for AF the dr says looks like graves disease has kicked in again! so i am out of the baby makin' for at least 12 months good luck to you all

Whats graves disease (sorry)

I'm 4 days late now, tested this morning and BFN. So I guess thats me out good n proper as i'm 18dpo today. I'm on super strong antibiotics for my kidney infection so probably best i'm not pregnant...!

Oh god, how rubbish. So sorry :(

Well, i'm trying not to jump to conclusions. But I re-looked at the test (10mIU) I did this morning, done at 8:45 and there was a faint faint line there, so I did a 25mIU and there's nothing. Surely at 18dpo i'd be getting a pretty good line? I'm fairly certain it isn't an evap as I didn't get an evap on the other tests on 15 and 16dpo. And I started getting sore boobs yesterday by my armpits...

Going to test again tonight, would my hCG have risen a bit by then?!

i hate the whole not knowing what your own body is doing!
good luck to you i hope to see you with your BFP in a few days

:hugs: Lioness, sorry your bloods came back negative. And sorry the witch got you early chocolatecat.

For me in now CD40 with no answer either way. Tested this morning and BFN. Think my body is just broken. The only thing is, the way i feel with cramps it's almost as if my period would definitely have started if it were going to. Confusing :shrug:

Thanks Katy, who knows why our bodies are playing up...I don't. I am going to start temping this month I think. Take control of what's happening so I don't feel left in the dark. Good luck to everyone on getting their BFPs!!! :)

I am on CD 41, 8 days late for AF. Tests coming back :bfn:.
:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:
At first i was hopeful. Now i just want to be put out of my misery. I have lost hope that i will get a :bfp: and would now actually welcome the :witch:
So draining, the 3 min waits, only to have your hopes dashed with no line!!
I am going to make a doc apt on Monday for Tuesday. Hopefully i can get some answers as to where AF has gone and will then stop spending a fortune on tests!!!

Good luck and :hug: to you all. Hope you get your well deserved :bfp:'s.

xx

Well, my update is that witch arrived. I really stupidly got my hopes up that i probably was pregnant since my AF had vanished. Unfortunately it wasn't the case. But at least i have answers now xx

Sorry the witch came Katy :(

hugs to you xxx

PS cute kittie

I have an update! I still have my kidney infection, I still haven't been to the toilet (that's 4 days now) despite taking double the amount of laxatives, eating a tin of oily tuna, drinking a cup of salt water and having a bath. Nothing.
No AF still for me, and ridiculously faint (non-believable) lines on tests. OH is now convinced i'm pg as his colleague said her dr thought she had a kidney infection when she was in fact pregnant. I am nauseous in the evenings to the point of lying down and not moving for an hour and i've been off my food (but that's probably due to the constipation! YUM!). So i've had a fun weekend! Still waiting for the witch!

hi can i join you. last month i think i had a chemical pregnancy now this month ive had what was like a light af on cd20 that lasted 6days on and off then on cd27 got faint bfp then cd 28 bfn cd 30 bfp then bfn again now on cd38 and dont know now wether the bleed on cd20 was actually af and im actually on cd18 . anyone any ideas as to when i should o if i only have a 20 day cycle?. do not reccomend the ics too many evaps also superdrug gave me a false positive.

hi can i join you. last month i think i had a chemical pregnancy now this month ive had what was like a light af on cd20 that lasted 6days on and off then on cd27 got faint bfp then cd 28 bfn cd 30 bfp then bfn again now on cd38 and dont know now wether the bleed on cd20 was actually af and im actually on cd18 . anyone any ideas as to when i should o if i only have a 20 day cycle?. do not reccomend the ics too many evaps also superdrug gave me a false positive.

Hi quail,
Have you been to the doctors yet hun? At least they could do a blood test and you would know better what's going on. It must be so frustrating and confusing. I am still holding out hope that you are actually pregnant but for some reason still getting inconsistent test results (I think you said this also happened to you in a previous pregnancy?).

hi polaris, i have been to doctors and they did a urine test which came back negative and she just said im not pregnant,but she wont do any bloods so that was it so im just taking it that im not,dont know what else to do. x

hi polaris, i have been to doctors and they did a urine test which came back negative and she just said im not pregnant,but she wont do any bloods so that was it so im just taking it that im not,dont know what else to do. x

That is really frustrating. I wonder why they wouldn't do a blood test? I'm sure you still feel like you don't know what is happening. I feel sad for you because i was so sure you were pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->