UPDATED with a Pic...Back from my scan.....

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got back from my second anomoly scan, everything is fine, and the sonographer was an angel (compared to the b*tch I had last time!)

She showed me everything as she was doing it & was really descriptive and answered all my questions.

The only slight bad thing...it looks like I'm having a big baby (ahhh!) I have to go back at 28weeks for a growth scan, and then probably again at 32 & 36 weeks.

Has anyone else had this? I'm now thinking I may be further along than I thought as I wasn't trying to concieve so have no idea when I did concieve!!

Oh and for those ladies who know about my gallbladder issues.....I def have gall stones (at least 20 :() so need to go and see a consultant soon.

Hey Bloomers, glad all is well with baby :D

...On the plus side, as least you get more free scans :) lol

And sorry to hear about your gall stones, hope there not causing you too much discompft xxx

Delighted that your scan (and sonographer!) was great!!! Bit of a bugger about the gallstones - but at least you can go back to your disbelieving doctor and tell her she's a twit!! Also now its confirmed you know what it is and you can tweak your diet to control it (a little bit at least) and it can all be sorted once the little one is here. The op is a breeze after all the awfulness of dealing with the attacks. I felt sooo much better just on waking up after the op - I could lay down flat for one thing!!

Big hugs xxx

THanks Buffy, it was a relief when I saw the stones as I knew what the pains been about (I had another attack last night!)

I've gotta go see the doc on Friday so she can refer me back to the hospital (slight waste of time!) I will definately have to reduce my fat intake now :(

i'm so happy the scan went well too, I saw everything :)

I have to have a growth scan at 31 weeks, think it should be 32 or 34 weeks really, but I changed the appointment and my dates have changed a few times.
Only because they thought I had a low placenta, which turned out to be wrong, it's anterior. They haven't cancelled the growth scan which was to check on the placenta, so I guess they just want to check the size of babba because I'm overweight. Glad all was well though and you got a decent sonographer this time, it makes all the difference.

Andrea xx

Hi hun,

Glad this scan went better than your last one.

I have to have extra growth scans too, 28,32 and 36.

My 28 week one is tomorrow, I'm praying he's not as big as they reckon he will be xx

hi hon- glad it went well!!! was that at the PRUH- shame you had a bad one last time!! I have had awful care in this area (see my ranting thread!!) so glad it went well for ya today!! did you find out the sex?????
you poor thing re the stones nasty and painful!!!! good luck getting them sorted!!

Ellie xxx:hugs:

*wince* Sorry to hear about the gall stones but I'm glad to hear that your little one is doing good and that you had a nice sonographer this time!

Well at least you know what you're dealing with now, although it's no fun at all!

My little one was on the big size at 20 weeks too and I also have a growth scan at 28 weeks. Though I know he's going to be a bigun, daddy is 6ft 4 in and weighed 11 pounds when he was born! :wacko:

Hi - I thought i'd update with a picture, now i'm back on a PC.....this is my LO (altho he's not that little anymore!) at 23+2

23+2 baby.jpg

Ellie - yes it was at PRUH, they were lovely yesterday (apart from the receptionists having a good old banter for 3/4 minutes while I stood there like an eejit...they only spoke to me once a doctor started walking towards them!) Sorry to hear your having such a bad time....is it the hospital thats screwing things around, or your GP?

Thanks all for the good luck on my gallstones.....I think i'm going to need it :growlmad:

That is a relief!

Glad that things were a LOT more pleasant than last time :hugs:

Were your previous scans out (on the date) too? Do big babies run in either of your families?

So sorry about the gallstones - hope that you get some relief soon :hugs:

QT

That is a relief!

Glad that things were a LOT more pleasant than last time :hugs:

Were your previous scans out (on the date) too? Do big babies run in either of your families?

So sorry about the gallstones - hope that you get some relief soon :hugs:

QT

Thanks QT....I'm so glad it went well too, the lady was lovely.

Well my 20w scan she didnt mention anything being out....but then she barely spoke to me, and didnt explain anything so I could have been :shrug:

At my 12 week scan, they amended my dates by a week, so I was actually 13 weeks.

I'm going to ask at my next MW appointment (and also the 28w scan) if they could have got my due date wrong. As I wasnt trying to concieve (I'm just an eejit and I always forgot my pill!) and I've never kept track of my monthly goings on.....I genuinely had no clue how far along I was.

I'm keen to know if they could be a week or two out, especially as i'm due to move house 1 month before LO is due....and if they could be that far out, I'll have to move a few weeks earlier!

I was told the complete opposite, i was told i was going to be having a small baby but they wasn't overly concerened although kept a close eye on me. When my boy was finally born he was a whopping 8.8oz (ouch!) They asked me where i was hiding him so i told them i didn't feel like i was carrying such a small baby :rofl:

Sorry to hear about your gallstones hope you get them sorted soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->