Ups and downs of 1st time mommy

nicem815

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
I hope you are all doing well this morning.

I am writing to get some feedback because I am pregnant with my first baby (yay!) and have been going through some things that I am sure are normal, but I just need some input from others!

1. Most days I can't stay up past 8:00. I am usually tired before 8:00. Granted we live in the northeast and it has been frigid and dark lately by 5:00, but still. Does anyone else deal with this? During my first 4-6 weeks pregnant, I couldn't sleep at all...now, I am tired all of the time! Exercise helps for a while during the day but I still can't stay up at night.:sleep::sleep:

2. Lately, I have been having vivid nightmares and have been more paranoid about things that normal...like Lifetime movie paranoid. I'm thinking it's because I have a new life inside of me now but still, I have to calm down. Anyone else experience this? :shrug::wacko:

3. Up until about 7-8 weeks, I was NOT hungry and I lost weight. Now, I have an appetite some days, and on others I force myself to eat for the baby. Is this normal to have the fluctuating appetite?

Thanks ladies!!! :)

Hi ladies!
I hope you are all doing well this morning.

I am writing to get some feedback because I am pregnant with my first baby (yay!) and have been going through some things that I am sure are normal, but I just need some input from others!

1. Most days I can't stay up past 8:00. I am usually tired before 8:00. Granted we live in the northeast and it has been frigid and dark lately by 5:00, but still. Does anyone else deal with this? During my first 4-6 weeks pregnant, I couldn't sleep at all...now, I am tired all of the time! Exercise helps for a while during the day but I still can't stay up at night.:sleep::sleep:

2. Lately, I have been having vivid nightmares and have been more paranoid about things that normal...like Lifetime movie paranoid. I'm thinking it's because I have a new life inside of me now but still, I have to calm down. Anyone else experience this? :shrug::wacko:

3. Up until about 7-8 weeks, I was NOT hungry and I lost weight. Now, I have an appetite some days, and on others I force myself to eat for the baby. Is this normal to have the fluctuating appetite?

Thanks ladies!!! :)

I am going through almost the same things right now! I'm 9 weeks + 2 days. How far along are you? I am usually tired by 9pm and fall asleep right away but am up several times to pee throughout the night. I'm also having vivid dreams, I had them right before my bfp but they went away and now they're back! When I first found out I was pregnant my appetite was awesome, but when I hit 6 weeks it has gone downhill. I have nausea but it isn't too bad, it is just that food is not appealing to me at all. Although, sometimes I'll be eating and look down and see that I ate everything and still be hungry! While other times I can't even take a bite of food.

Hi! It seems like we are going through similar things! I am 9 weeks 5 days! :) I feel the same way about food...sometimes I am ridiculously hungry (like I wake up FAMISHED after eating a good dinner the night before) and others I have to force the food down.

I hope I start craving food soon! Haha. I'm able to snack throughout the day but when it comes to actually eating a full meal my stomach hates me!!

I hope I start craving food soon! Haha. I'm able to snack throughout the day but when it comes to actually eating a full meal my stomach hates me!!

I totally understand. I still get that way sometimes....and when I AM hungry...I can only eat a little bit which makes my hubby worried but I tell him it's normal to feel this way in the first trimester.

I am sure you will get your appetite soon. Most people say it comes more in the 2nd and 3rd trimester!<3

I sure hope its all normal because I'm in the same boat! Especially the being extremely tired and changing appetite thing! A few days I tried to make some crockpot meals so that I didn't have to worry about making dinner when I got home. Only problem was that what I wanted in the morning sounded disgusting that night. I actually ended up throwing one out and made the the hubby mad cause he wanted to eat it.. whoops! haha!

Anyway, best of luck to you! :)

I sure hope its all normal because I'm in the same boat! Especially the being extremely tired and changing appetite thing! A few days I tried to make some crockpot meals so that I didn't have to worry about making dinner when I got home. Only problem was that what I wanted in the morning sounded disgusting that night. I actually ended up throwing one out and made the the hubby mad cause he wanted to eat it.. whoops! haha!

Anyway, best of luck to you! :)

Thanks girl!! I totally understand. My husband was getting upset because I hardly find things appetizing right now, and my appetite changes throughout the day....or if we go out to eat, and the food isn't what I pictured....I am SOOO MUCH MORE disappointed now that I'm pregnant haha!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->