Ups and downs of 1st time mommy

nicem815

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
I hope you are all doing well this morning.

I am writing to get some feedback because I am pregnant with my first baby (yay!) and have been going through some things that I am sure are normal, but I just need some input from others!

1. Most days I can't stay up past 8:00. I am usually tired before 8:00. Granted we live in the northeast and it has been frigid and dark lately by 5:00, but still. Does anyone else deal with this? During my first 4-6 weeks pregnant, I couldn't sleep at all...now, I am tired all of the time! Exercise helps for a while during the day but I still can't stay up at night.:sleep::sleep:

2. Lately, I have been having vivid nightmares and have been more paranoid about things that normal...like Lifetime movie paranoid. I'm thinking it's because I have a new life inside of me now but still, I have to calm down. Anyone else experience this? :shrug::wacko:

3. Up until about 7-8 weeks, I was NOT hungry and I lost weight. Now, I have an appetite some days, and on others I force myself to eat for the baby. Is this normal to have the fluctuating appetite?

Thanks ladies!!! :)

Hi ladies!
I hope you are all doing well this morning.

I am writing to get some feedback because I am pregnant with my first baby (yay!) and have been going through some things that I am sure are normal, but I just need some input from others!

1. Most days I can't stay up past 8:00. I am usually tired before 8:00. Granted we live in the northeast and it has been frigid and dark lately by 5:00, but still. Does anyone else deal with this? During my first 4-6 weeks pregnant, I couldn't sleep at all...now, I am tired all of the time! Exercise helps for a while during the day but I still can't stay up at night.:sleep::sleep:

2. Lately, I have been having vivid nightmares and have been more paranoid about things that normal...like Lifetime movie paranoid. I'm thinking it's because I have a new life inside of me now but still, I have to calm down. Anyone else experience this? :shrug::wacko:

3. Up until about 7-8 weeks, I was NOT hungry and I lost weight. Now, I have an appetite some days, and on others I force myself to eat for the baby. Is this normal to have the fluctuating appetite?

Thanks ladies!!! :)

I am going through almost the same things right now! I'm 9 weeks + 2 days. How far along are you? I am usually tired by 9pm and fall asleep right away but am up several times to pee throughout the night. I'm also having vivid dreams, I had them right before my bfp but they went away and now they're back! When I first found out I was pregnant my appetite was awesome, but when I hit 6 weeks it has gone downhill. I have nausea but it isn't too bad, it is just that food is not appealing to me at all. Although, sometimes I'll be eating and look down and see that I ate everything and still be hungry! While other times I can't even take a bite of food.

Hi! It seems like we are going through similar things! I am 9 weeks 5 days! :) I feel the same way about food...sometimes I am ridiculously hungry (like I wake up FAMISHED after eating a good dinner the night before) and others I have to force the food down.

I hope I start craving food soon! Haha. I'm able to snack throughout the day but when it comes to actually eating a full meal my stomach hates me!!

I hope I start craving food soon! Haha. I'm able to snack throughout the day but when it comes to actually eating a full meal my stomach hates me!!

I totally understand. I still get that way sometimes....and when I AM hungry...I can only eat a little bit which makes my hubby worried but I tell him it's normal to feel this way in the first trimester.

I am sure you will get your appetite soon. Most people say it comes more in the 2nd and 3rd trimester!<3

I sure hope its all normal because I'm in the same boat! Especially the being extremely tired and changing appetite thing! A few days I tried to make some crockpot meals so that I didn't have to worry about making dinner when I got home. Only problem was that what I wanted in the morning sounded disgusting that night. I actually ended up throwing one out and made the the hubby mad cause he wanted to eat it.. whoops! haha!

Anyway, best of luck to you! :)

I sure hope its all normal because I'm in the same boat! Especially the being extremely tired and changing appetite thing! A few days I tried to make some crockpot meals so that I didn't have to worry about making dinner when I got home. Only problem was that what I wanted in the morning sounded disgusting that night. I actually ended up throwing one out and made the the hubby mad cause he wanted to eat it.. whoops! haha!

Anyway, best of luck to you! :)

Thanks girl!! I totally understand. My husband was getting upset because I hardly find things appetizing right now, and my appetite changes throughout the day....or if we go out to eat, and the food isn't what I pictured....I am SOOO MUCH MORE disappointed now that I'm pregnant haha!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->