upset,hurt and confused -*updated on p1 for the last time!*

:hugs: How are you? x

thanks for asking...

i still feel a bit on my own in wanting to stay exclusively breast...

even one of my best friends who bfs said there's no harm in topping up.

i guess i'd feel a bit like a failure..?

i feel comforted by all of you kind and supportive comments.

i've expressed some milk over the past few days and oh's been feeding her, which has given me some time off, helped me gain some perspective.

i don't think it's helping my post natal feelings though, i'm still a bit screwed up from the birth, motherhood is not how i envisaged it...taking me time to adjust!!!

thanks sam's mum:hugs:

I know how you feel, I was desperately determined to exclusively breastfeed. Aaron lost a lot of weight in the first couple of weeks and I was soooo disappointed to think I might have to give him formula, but now I am proud that he has never had any.

Hope all is going well, you can do it! :hug:

well today has been good...

bf consultant has sorted me out some tablets to increase supply.

she has also told me that she's secured me an electric pump to express the milk to give to baby.

bubs took a dummy for the first time today and slept for 3 and a half hours - unheard of!

also blood test came back and i'm no longer anaemic!!! so, i'm a happy bunny.
nearly 9 weeks after birth and i'm starting to feel like myself again! thanks for all of your help...you are all super stars
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

ps consultant rang my hv and 'spoke to her about the 'advice' she gave me'....someone's had their knuckles rapped!!!

That's great news babe....did you dance around her?:rofl:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

no, no dancing, i was too tired!!

i did cry a bit though, relief i think!

Ooooh happy for ya (and tbh a bit jealous too, still waiting for my supply to catch up with babe!!!!!)

What tablets did you get, and how did you get them doctor or internet? My docs won't give me anything, I've heard of some stomach tablets that have a side effect of increasing milk supply but scared of just ordering them from some dodgy internet site seeing as I don't have anything wrong with my tummy...... sorry rambling!!!

Ooooh happy for ya (and tbh a bit jealous too, still waiting for my supply to catch up with babe!!!!!)

What tablets did you get, and how did you get them doctor or internet? My docs won't give me anything, I've heard of some stomach tablets that have a side effect of increasing milk supply but scared of just ordering them from some dodgy internet site seeing as I don't have anything wrong with my tummy...... sorry rambling!!!

i've pm'd you:hug:

congrats hun. so pleased you and bubs are doing well :D
x

Aww fab update babe....stick to your guns:gun:....Mummy knows best:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Glad to hear you got some very good help and info from the HV!!! Good luck hun!

aww thats fantastic news, how are u getting on with it now?

i'm expressing when i can and oh tops her up when she's in her niggly time, when she doesn't feed properly from me. this has been a bit hit and miss to be honest, cos if she isn't settled then i can't pump with her screaming.

her poos, omg, are muuuuuch bigger and more frequent which i have been told is a good sign!

waiting to weigh her tomorrow with the new hv who has adopted me!

she seems bigger!
other hv...not heard from her...apathetic at best. negligent at worst?

also going to a breast feeding support group in next village, with my hv knows nothing about! just because it's classed as in the next county!!! my mum found out about it!

c x (keep your fingers crossed)

I'm really pleased things are looking up.
I'ts great that you are going to a group, you'll find you have a lot in common with the other mothers and most of you are going through the same experiences.

I just wanted to say that when i saw Grace's pediatrician *sp* he said the chart HV's base weight on is a national average and anywhere on that chart be it bottom or top is "normal" if baby is off the chart then they should look into it. He said to take no notice of HV as they don't seem to realise this.

You are doing everything perfectly and some babies just put on weight differently, Grace would seem to have put on no weight and then have a growth spurt. This is just how she is. Every baby is different and HV should understand this!

Keep on doing what your doing she sounds perfectly happy and healthy to me hun xxx

everything sounds like its normal huni, looks like sticking to your guns was the best thing to do in the end,

little tip: if she is fussing, try to keep a smile on your face cause if u look worried then they are gonna get worried because of your facial expression,

sounds odd but they really do calm down if u just put a big grin on ur face or try laughing, it makes them think, well if she is laughing then there isnt anything to worry about. at least thats wot i do with my friends babe anna, although some times it doesnt work, so dont be disheartened

anyways hope the fam is wel xxx

Great news! I also wanted to reassure you- some babies (I think particularly girls, though I have no evidence to support this) are just smaller. My son put on 2 1/2 lbs his first 2 months. My daughter has put on barely 1. I took her to the doc, worried she might say I needed to start formula, but she said everything is fine, as long as my daughter is eating when hungry and thriving. She was also reassured because my daughter is "proportional." So even though she is only at the 25th% (according to formula fed charts), since both her height and weight are at the same %, she said "she's just tiny." My sis had this same problem with her daughter when she was born and that girl is healthy as can be- so don't worry! Sounds like things are on the up and up anyway:)

Great news! I also wanted to reassure you- some babies (I think particularly girls, though I have no evidence to support this) are just smaller. My son put on 2 1/2 lbs his first 2 months. My daughter has put on barely 1. I took her to the doc, worried she might say I needed to start formula, but she said everything is fine, as long as my daughter is eating when hungry and thriving. She was also reassured because my daughter is "proportional." So even though she is only at the 25th% (according to formula fed charts), since both her height and weight are at the same %, she said "she's just tiny." My sis had this same problem with her daughter when she was born and that girl is healthy as can be- so don't worry! Sounds like things are on the up and up anyway:)

ahhhh the old thriving chstnut...people said she wasn't.:cry: i thought she was:muaha:

Yeah, I guess they everyone has their own definition. But in my book, as long they are eating and pooping...they are thriving. Guess I have low standards...LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->