Upset Stomach! argh!

Pepper07

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Just wondered if anyone has any ideas how to settle my stomach and if you have been through the same thing? :wacko:

So here goes...I don't even know if this can be classed as morning sickness but I am 6 wks +2days and have for the past couple of days had an upset stomach kind of feels like it's upside down and been feeling like i need to go to toilet for a bowel movement (sorry TMI!) which is a bit loose but strangely I still feel really hungry but after I eat my stomach goes all choppy again - some smells I cannot stand like my DH cooking chicken at the mo! yuk! Anyone feeling the same? xx

The first month or so, I had the same feeling as well. What helped for me is bland foods (cereal, bread, bagel) and small meals every few hours.

For loose stools, perhaps add a fruit such as Apple or banana. It'll help with that. It'll take a while to figure out what works for you and what doesn't. I know that if I feel like this (just general stomach uneasiness), I usually just drink tea, have a bagel or pasta with butter. My DH is more than happy to cook something else if he brings me dinner (he's the cook in the household), and I take one look at it and say, "Uh. No thanks." I didn't like chicken either, while in the past I had no issues.

Other foods that helped ME is applesauce, yogurt, ginger ale, dum dums lollipops, bagels, apples, and small cookies. Seems like I can handle food that is easily chewable vs foods that I have to chew (steak, chicken, meats in general).

Don't feel like you have to follow a strict nutritional plan. Just eat whatever you want to eat within reason (don't go out and eat Dibs on a daily basis!). It'll get better over time.

Smells - yep...heightened sense of smell will affect ya too. Peanut butter and bad BO for me...OMG they STINK!!! Ironically, cat poop/dog poop and cat pee doesn't bother me. :shrug:

The same type of feeling started in me a week ago and I now recognize the feeling as "morning" sickness. Cruel joke it you ask me as it lasts all day!!! I have done what many of the ladies on here suggest (eating small portions throughout the day, crackers, hard candy, ginger anything, peppermint tea) and am still trying to find what works for me. I found that if it gets really bad and I can sip on some OJ and it helps fairly quickly -- may be a blood sugar thing for me though. I did try acupressure on the wrist (same idea as those sea bands) and it seems to help as well so I ordered a set of those. Can't hurt to try! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->