Urgent help required! Teen in turmoil and mum on suicide watch

live_in_hope

VR miracle Mummy now TTC 3rd (not VR)
Reaction score
Hi there!

I had a very distressing conversation with a very good friend of mine today. Her daughter is 14 and is self harming and has tried to overdose. She is on suicide watch with her and is struggling so very badly with her. I wont go in to too much detail but the hospital and CAMHS have been no help. At the moment my friend is completely unaware of the cause as her daughter won't talk to her. She escapes the house when CAMHS are due but they have told my friend that they will only see her if she allows them. She is due to see them twice a week for 6 weeks. I feel my friend has no support. If her daughter won't speak to CAMHs which she currently isn't then they will close her case.

Please please please can anybody help with what my friend can do? There has to be more help and support out there for her and for her Daughter. :-(
Thank you in advance x

I hope someone can come along who has experience in situations like this and advice to offer. I'm not one of those people but I just wanted to offer my support and condolences for what your friend and her daughter are going through. I really hope they're both able to get some help. :hugs: :hugs:

Thank you! I felt totally useless that I couldn't help her! Ive too daughters myself and things like this worry the hell out of me. There must be some help somewhere! :-(

How heartbreaking, I'm so sorry. I hope that they are able to get her help and that the help can get to her. Surely there is a way some professional service can help her even though she doesn't want to be helped :(

I know this is what ive said, there must be somebody who can offer intervention to a teen at such a time of need. She clearly needs help and isnt able to think rationally. And my friend...no support for her either. I feel theyre being so let down... :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->