Hi Mommies,

My wife had a urine check this morning and the lab result is
+ = glucose
++ = leukocytes
+ = ketone

previously she was negative from these.

What are the meaning of these?

Thanks

Ketones mean shes not had enough to eat, glucose is obviously sugar, coud be shes eaten or drank something sugary. Leukocytes could be indicative of a urine infection or could just be contamination. I'd expect them to send it to the labs to test and see if she needs antibiotics.

It depends whats normal for her. I always have glucose in my wee during pregnancy for no good reason, and quite often leukocytes even though no Infection. But if it is your wife's first time then it coukd be a water infection. They are common during pregnancy especially towards the end when baby is literally squashing all the organs and the bladder might not be getting emptied fully. Similarly it could just be an increase if discharge causing the leukocytes which again is very common at this stage. I dont think it's anything to be too concerned about. Water infections can cause labour so they are a worry earlier on in the pregnancy but not so much at 38 wreks. Obviously it would still need treating but it's not a worry for the baby.

Thank you so much.

Yes this is our first baby so we are new to everything. Thanks for the helpful info and advice.

:)

I would recommend talking to one of your health care professionals about anything that you're worried about. I have raised leukocytes on every urine test but for me it seems to be normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->