urine samples

craftymum

Mum to Jacob and Jenna
Reaction score
Gross question I know but when I went for my booking appointment last week and gave my urine sample the midwife said to me there was protein and trace ketones in my sample now i did expect it as I've been suffering with hyperemesis and have been admitted for IV fluids twice. I just found it a bit strange that the midwife said to me after finding these in my sample that I must be keeping something down?? I was led to believe that ketones were produced as body is using it's fat reserves due to not eating/drinking enough I also thought that protein wasn't good so why did she say that? sorry if this is a really dumb question.

hmm... to be honest I'm not positive but maybe it was less ketone's then previously tested? other then that it does not make sense as you are correct ketone's are a sign of dehydration.

protein is not good if it is accompanied by other symptoms such as high blood pressure or glucoseuria but on its own is usually not too bad, it can be a sign of infection if it is persistent.

Yeah I thought it was a bit weird too, that was my first appointment as when I was admitted it was through my GP and I was on the gynae ward, the maternity unit had no record of me being admitted which I also thought was weird as I thought they would've passed the info on, my BP was high but think it's cos I was nervous as usually my BP is borderline low

my midwife said i had ketones in my pee too last week, i found that odd as it was only the night before id been to an all you can eat chinese (yum) and drank over a liter of water, then in the morning had toast for breakie and 2 pints of water then went for my appt pmsl

soooo me dont tinks im dehydrated or starved lol

i had ketosticks from when i did atkins before getting preg and tested and it was way above trace so i spent the day eating and drinking and knocking myself out of ketosis lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->