Urologist told DH to use birth control

I

Indigo77

Can anyone guess why he would say that?

His nurse called my DH to make an appointment to go over his SA...she told DH that the doc said he should continue to use birth control. This is my soy cycle and I don't want to waste this cycle.....Any idea why he would advise that? DH's morphology was only 2%, but everything else was normal.....:cry:

Results:

5 days abstinence

Volume..........2.2 ml..................Normal
Color.............gray opalescent.....Normal
Liquification....30 minutes...........Normal
Viscosity........slightly stringy........Normal

Concentration.............72 million / ml.....Normal if over 10 million
Total Concentration....158 million / ml....Normal over 20 million

Motility 47.64...............Normal
-Forward progression
~30% rapid
~50% moderate
~15% sluggish
~5% non-responsive
-------Normal is 50%+ with forward progression or 25% with rapid progression

Round cells....Normal
Luekocytes.....Normal

Morphology.....strict criteria...
2%.....Normal is over 5

98%....abnormal
-83% of abnormal.....head defects
-4% of abnormal.......tail defects
-11% of abnormal.....neck and mid defects

Sorry Indigo I have no answers for you :shrug:

When is the appointment? I hope someone has an answer for you or that the appointment is soon so you don't wait too long for an answer.

Personally I would keep TTC as surely any sperm with the bad morphology would fail to travel to meet the egg :shrug: But only you can make the decision as to whether to keep trying or wait.

Sorry I'm no help to you :(

Can anyone guess why he would say that?

His nurse called my DH to make an appointment to go over his SA...she told DH that the doc said he should continue to use birth control. This is my soy cycle and I don't want to waste this cycle.....Any idea why he would advise that? DH's morphology was only 2%, but everything else was normal.....:cry:

My only guess would be if the doc thought that there was a possibility of getting pg with a genetic abnormality. Best to call the doc and clarify I would think.

I know I've read that the cervical fluid blocks out any morphologically abnormally sperm, so I find it strange he would say that based on morphology.

I'm sorry Indigo I don't know anything about this stuff :hugs:

But I agree with Macwooly, any dud sperm are not going to penetrate your egg anyway, I think that if it was anything dead set life or death serious the urologist would have called you guys in straight away, so I don't see why you should abstain this month, and waste a soy cycle.

Indigo I have no idea why they would say that. As a doctor I've never heard of this. I say go ahead and keep TTC'ing. Hopefully they'll see you soon to explain, when is the appointment??

I am so pissed and upset right now...Why would he say that?

Can you call to chat with the nurse? I'd be pissed off too :-(

The appt is in 2 weeks...

Oh no! 2 weeks is way too long to worry over this, can you get your husband to call up and ask for a telephone consult.

Who told him to use contraception, the urologist or the practice nurse?

I can understand you being frustrated :hugs: They can't say use birth control but wait 2 weeks for an appointment :growlmad:

I agree with Northstar and see if your DH can phone and get a phone consult.

And in the meantime keep tracking your cycle, don't miss an O opportunity.

The appt is in 2 weeks...

Oh no! 2 weeks is way too long to worry over this, can you get your husband to call up and ask for a telephone consult.

Who told him to use contraception, the urologist or the practice nurse?

The nurse told DH that the doctor said he should continue to use birth control until they go over the results of the SA. He asked her why, but of course she did not know. I asked DH to call and ask....:growlmad:

I can't stand this ttc nonsense anymore.....we were fine and happy before we decided to ttc...

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'd park my ass in his office until I got an answer.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I hope DH can get the doc on the phone, I know I speak to patients directly often to alleviate anxiety and give results... Hoping doc will make exception given you're TTC'ing!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'd park my ass in his office until I got an answer.

I know! WTH? Does it not seem like a flippant and insensitive remark?

DH is calling her back right now to get an answer....He didn't want to call and wanted to just wait for the appointment....:growlmad:.....When he heard how upset I was he said he will call back and try to get an answer by telling the nurse his wife is upset and distraught and doesn't want to miss a cycle....so we need some answer before the appointment...

I can't stand this ttc nonsense anymore.....we were fine and happy before we decided to ttc...

It's stressful enough without people who know nothing winding you up :growlmad: I hope that your OH manages to get a talk with the doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->