Urrghh...jealous

BabyB2

Reaction score
I feel quite guilty to post this, but I'm sure that there must be others out there feeling the same way! As much as I'm trying to be happy for all the ladies on here who's babies have arrived recently I can't help but get a jealous and dare I say it, bitter feeling that I'm still waiting!:growlmad:

Please tell me that I'm not the only one to get a sinking feeling whenever a new post springs up saying "He/She is here!!"

I feel like such a cow....just had to get it off my chest!!:brat: Sorry everyone!

your time will come! I have felt a bit like that but then I go through stages of feeling like that and then relief that the baby hasn't come cos I have still got so much to do! My philosophy is that when the baby comes it will come and trying not to count down the days. I keep on thinking that the longest I will have to wait i until the 13th June cos the hospital only let you go 10 days over. Until then Im making the most of lie ins and lounging around in me pjs!:thumbup:

Ha I've felt like that since coming over from 2nd tri! I felt like I was a total newby again lol! Every time I see another lovely lady have their baby I'm like grrrrr I've got another 10 weeks of this lol! Totally happy for everyone but defo know how u feel! Xxx

Just know your baby will be here before most of us!!

Ha, I feel the same!! I love reading about people's birth/labour stories but at the same time I want to stick out my bottom lip and say 'It's not fair!', but then I realise I could have another few weeks left yet ans then I decide to make the most of my lie-ins and spending quality time with my 2year old son before he's not my only baby anymore!...Your baby will be here before you know it! I had my first at 39 weeks so I don't know what it's like to be late but I bet it's torture! Not long now!...X

I was due Saturday too and although its lovely reading about everyone's arrivals I can definitely see what you mean!

Have my midwife appointment today, have been losing my plug since early Sunday morning and having some contractions today but guaranteed ill be the one who has a 5 day labour ha!!!

This little one is teasing me. Had a stretch and sweep last Wednesday and was told that cervix was favourable and that she didn't think she'd be seeing me again until bubs was born. Had a bloody show later that day and again heavier the next morning. Had quite a few tightenings on and off. Yesterday I had tightenings all afternoon every 20 mins or so and started to think this could be it, but no! Doesn't help that my first came at 38+5, which has made me feel like I've been overdue before I officially was.

Aaw that must be so frustrating to have all those signs but still nothing! With my first I had nothing up until the day I went into labour and it all happened so fast, Had my show and then my waters broke later that night, then went into full blown labour!!...

I think that's exactly how I'll feel if I make it to my due date or even beyond it, as I think I'll feel overdue as soon as I pass the same gestation my son was born at!! I think I'm not prepared to go over 39 weeks, but I may need to prepare myself that this might happen as I've heard a lot of stories of second babies coming later!!...x

I'm not quite there yet myself with baby coming, but I remember feeling that way whenever I'd see that someone got their BFP while I was struggling ttc. I did feel really bad, but I think it's only natural. Your time will come and you won't even remember this once it does! You're not the only one either, I know once I'm as far along as you are I'll probably feel the same way.

Good luck :flower:

Even though I still have 6 more days left... I feel so jealous of all the babies being born with due dates later than mine! I am also getting some signs, but nothing definite. I hope you get to hold your little one in no time!!! :flower:

I haven't yet but you're a week ahead of me so who knows how I will feel next week. At the moment I really enjoy reading them and finding out that all is well, it helps with my anxiety.

I know how you feel... I was just on Facebook earlier today and thinking how jealous I am that people who were originally due after me have been moved forward in the last few appointments. :grr: I thought the 6 or 12 week ultrasound was the best predictor of due date, so why are some people getting adjusted due dates at 30+ weeks?

One girl was due on July 4th and was moved to June 28th and another was due July 17th and got scheduled for a c-section on July 2nd! She says her c-section is scheduled for 39 weeks and 6 days, but how can that be if her original 40 week due date was the 17th? Do they really wait until 30 weeks and move your date like that? At this point I would put that down to baby growing fast, not an earlier conception date... :shrug:

Oh well... Rant over! Amazing how worked up it gets me when due dates aren't really all that solid to start with! :blush:

I know how you feel... I was just on Facebook earlier today and thinking how jealous I am that people who were originally due after me have been moved forward in the last few appointments. :grr: I thought the 6 or 12 week ultrasound was the best predictor of due date, so why are some people getting adjusted due dates at 30+ weeks?

One girl was due on July 4th and was moved to June 28th and another was due July 17th and got scheduled for a c-section on July 2nd! She says her c-section is scheduled for 39 weeks and 6 days, but how can that be if her original 40 week due date was the 17th? Do they really wait until 30 weeks and move your date like that? At this point I would put that down to baby growing fast, not an earlier conception date... :shrug:

Oh well... Rant over! Amazing how worked up it gets me when due dates aren't really all that solid to start with! :blush:

I was talking to a friend at work about how due dates almost feel like a promise! You get mad and irritated when they switch or when you go past them. It's like you want to yell at your doctor "but you said!!! You said this baby would be here by now!!!"

:wacko: it doesn't help that EVERYONE asks "so when's your due date?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->