US Ladies-Breast Pump Announcement : )

Dahlia2007

Reaction score
Hello!

Just wanted to share this news to those of you that have private healthcare.

Due to the healthcare reform, when your insurance "carries over," or is "renewed" for the next period, you should be eligible to receive a fully covered, zero co-pay, breast pump!

In 2011 when I talked to my insurance company about breast pumps, they said mine would be 50% covered. I was disappointed, because we pay over $400 per month for our Blue Care Network, and to me, that should've been something that was covered.

Fast forward to NOW- I called BCN to see if anything had changed, and it has! The representative gave me all the info I needed in order to get my pump. For me, my insurance carries over on Jan 1st, so I will be calling that day. The pumps are from a durable medical supply company. She gave me a location that's close to my home. I will be getting a Medela Swing electric pump for free. I'm not sure if it's single or double.

But please call your health insurance carriers to see when you will be eligible. You may be eligible now, but some carriers require that the baby be born before you can get the pump. :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->