US/UK Food: You call it whaaaaaaaat?

I've had BBQ ribs from the chinese tonight & they serve them in golden syrup - really reminded me of bacon & maple syrup - once I started dipping prawn crackers in the syrup I had to get DH to take it away before I ate them all!

you're all making me extremely hungry! :lol:

Forgive the thread necromancy, but I came across this online and Megg didn't know if some of them were quite accurate. We both suspect some aren't true but I wanted to check to make sure.

On this chart, how many of these are fake, I know some are accurate, but I hope that some aren't.
https://i.imgur.com/fFyKm.jpg

:rofl: I really really really want the last one to be true!

Would love it to be true - sadly not! :rofl: Id have liked Wishy Washies to be true too - much more fun than 'windscreen wipers'

Mizze x

I actually rather enjoy "cold on a cob"... Can you tell me that's true? :rofl:

wtf is thje slappy ham about :rofl:

I dunno... I liked it though... :rofl: @ Slappy Ham!

:rofl: a face is a um face!

Where the hell did they get most of them from?!?

Maybe they were trying to go for 'cockney rhyming slang' but got it totally wrong?

Face = boat race

That's all I could think was that maybe it was improper cockney. I can't wrap my head around cockney. :( It makes me crazy!

it's just rhyming ;)
loaf of bread = head
apples & pears = stairs etc :D

I'm with Megg... i see that it rhymes, but why the apples part of apples & pears, why not just pears?

Exactly, Lisa! And, how do you know which rhyming word to use. Lots of things rhyme... but I think there must be some convention to it or no one would understand it as a form of slang, yeah?

Cos it sounds better. Actually it doesnt but people must think it does. My OH says stupid things like boat race and it winds me up. I just ignore him until he talks properly lol

:rofl: When my OH doesn't make sense, its not because he's using cockney... its because he's a guy and he doesn't always make sense! (Sorry, honey!) He (phoenixgeek) reads/posts here too! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->