US/UK Food: You call it whaaaaaaaat?

I didn't get a chance to try any of that fried stuff this past year (I haven't gone to the fair in about 6 years). I was in my first tri and it was VERY hot and I was very ill due to MS. The only thing I ate was a hot dog and one of those huge dill pickles. mmmm! But if I go next year I'm bringing home like 100 bucks worth of fried everything. :D

I really want to try that chocolate covered bacon. LOL

Have you tried a Mo's Bacon Bar? HEAVEN!

https://www.gumbopages.com/looka/images/MosBaconBar.jpg

Fried green beans are AMAZING, btw!

Have you tried a Mo's Bacon Bar? HEAVEN!

https://www.gumbopages.com/looka/images/MosBaconBar.jpg

Fried green beans are AMAZING, btw!

For some reason that looks absolutely heavenly.Wow. :lol:

I've eaten so much today! :( I think beanie is having a growth spurt...

Aww! :hugs: I've spent so many years eating like crazy with no excuse!

This thread is funny- I am English but live in the US and just spent 14 days back in England, where everything I said was "americanized" so I kept getting corrected LOL

Its just easier to say the AMerican words so not to confuse the Americans, but when I am in England I get so confused when I say a sentence it takes me a about a minute to choose the correct word for the country LOL

Oh and I worked in a grocery store for a bit and when I had to make announcements saying what the sales were that was so hard ..... Chicken Fillet pronounced fill it in England and Fill a in the US... That would always make me stutter LOL

i love the fair but always feel so sick from the food. i have never tried the chocolate bacon though it does not sound good at all

:rofl: @ shipping bacon bars internationally! I suppose that's one way to get them!

Rachel - That would be SO hard. I speak both pretty fluently... and it is hard to choose sometimes. If I've been on BnB too much, I have a hard time in my "real" life to choose what words to use from time to time! LOL

Oh! Didn't realize you were in WI! LOL That's easier! :) They have them at Fresh Market... There's one in WI... but not necessarily near you. I wouldn't have guessed where you were... Was thrown off by the PXY-887... Thought it was something international I didn't know about! LOL Google tells me its not international at all! :haha:

I don't get how chicken fillet (we call them breasts) can be pronounced differently in other places... it has a t on the end :wacko:

Oh! Didn't realize you were in WI! LOL That's easier! :) They have them at Fresh Market... There's one in WI... but not necessarily near you. I wouldn't have guessed where you were... Was thrown off by the PXY-887... Thought it was something international I didn't know about! LOL Google tells me its not international at all! :haha:

LOL It's all good. :flower: The article I posted earlier was from the Wisc State Fair, only place I know of since I live here. :haha:

My location is a geek type thing, Stargate and all. :blush:

I'm geeky, but not all that into Stargate! LOL Oops!

There are other words that end with 'et' and sound like 'ay'...

ballet
croquet
crochet
chalet
Chevrolet
gourmet
bouquet
cachet
sachet
buffet
Monet
sorbet