usefull things for after birth

k8y

Reaction score
just thought id make a list of the things i have found usefull since having Baby James.

https://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/st...81&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051
i bought this nipple cream as advised by my midwife and although its expensive its fab.!!!

haemorrhoids cream - be carefull as i bought some suppositories and it says you shouldnt use these, but the cream was ok.

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=68660031&mcb=core
i had an episiotomy and so i bought this to use on the evenings when things seem ten times worse and it was really soothing. defo recommend !!

lavender essential oil. -- you put a few drops into your bath water to relax you, it also acts as an antiseptic. lovely. i got mine in the medicine isle in tesco. you can also use tee tree but i dont think this smells as nice as lavender.

Arnica tablets. --- reduce swelling and bruising. As advised by my midwife. i got mine from boots, you can get cream but i didnt fancy rubbing it in.

A jug --- to keep water in by the side of our bed, i find breast feeding at night thirst work, and get through , loads. saves having to keep going and refilling your glass.

um..... i think thats it. oooh i know. i got some nice cooling boob things from boots that you put in the fridge for sore boobs, you can heat them up too. https://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/st...93&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051 they are very soothing.

i hope this helps someone.

sorry guys it is arnica not Echinacea - baby brain

Thanks for the post hun, very considerate :hugs:

awww thank you SO much!
*starts scribbling in her note book*

Thank you for such a useful thread. I have copied it onto my computer. Hope all is going well x

Thank you k8y! Much appreciated list - esp. the links. I've made notes, as I always like to be prepared - and I can't see me getting out to the shops for quite a while after the baby arrives!

thanks for this thread, I'll be in boots tomorrow :)

What a great idea for a post - will defo keep these in mind thanks hun, great to know x

Thanks great ideas I didn't realise Echinacea was used to stop bruising and swelling though - I thought that was Arnica?!

Thanks for this. Been looking at a few of these in the boots catalogue and wondered if they were any good. Need to add to my list of things to get :)

Thanks! Your recommendation of echinacea reminded me I have a big pack of arnica tablets in the cupboard, will chuck those in the bag - did wonders for me when I had my wisdom teeth out, and when I had my tongue pierced!

Just want to add that I got my Lanisoh nipple cream on prescription from the docs for free!!!!! The midwife told me to call and they prepared it for me, didn't need to see the doc.

Thanks for this hun I will add these to the list, take care :hugs: XX

you forget to add the nanny/au pair/baby sitter/child minder to that list!!! :rofl:

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->