• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

using cloth for a newborn

anabellaw

Reaction score
I would really like to use cloth from day 1 but I'm concerned about the first poos and that they will be ruined.
I also intend to breastfeed so expecting loose nappies..

Any advise x

The meconium does wash out, and you could use a disposable liner y=until it's cleared, which makes it easier to deal with.

A 2 part system is the best for dealing with BF poosplosions - it's much more effect than pocket or all in one nappies. I've found that 50cm bamboo terry squares are by far the best nappies for the first few months. Folding them isn't rocket science, and only takes a couple of minutes practise to have it cracked. Here's a video

The other great things abut terry squares is that they wash superbly, dry quickly and will always fit well. If you get 50 cm ones, they won't fit as nappies much past 6 months, but after that you can use the as boosters and inserts, as we'll of loads of other uses, so they are never wasted. And they are STILL the most efficient nappies on the market. You don't need to soak or in any more though - just wash like any other nappies.

Newborn poo and breastfed only poo both wash out of nappies fine, just stick them straight in the wash! In my experience, if there were still stains after one wash, they were gone after another wash or two.

For things that do stain, I've read that lemon juice is a natural stain remover for pre-treating laundry.

Are you having a hospital birth? They provide diapers while there. Most of the meconium was out before we went home. We did get some newborn disposables for the first couple days but we switched to NB fitteds and prefolds pretty quickly.

Not in the UK though, you need to provide your own.

We used cloth from birth and meconium washed out fine! We had teenyfits and muslins in newborn wraps :)

Yep, I've used cloth diapers both times from birth and the meconium washes right out. If it doesn't right away, put them in the sun and there will be no staining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->