using OPK's as Pregnancy test???

misnic

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
i have read i think somewhere that it is possible to use OPK's as pregnancy tests, is there any truth in this, has anyone tried it? .
I know its silly and without boring you with my entire history, after m/c 2 babies have been TTC now for 8 months, had all tests there is done, and no problems on either side.
I was due to test this cycle, yest (tues 12th) but didnt as just didnt think it could be possible, i know its daft but i guess its tough to believe it could happen when last 8 months been nothing, anyway, i am now 16 DPO, i have no preg tests so just thought i would TRY an OPK, it has come out faint but positive, i know the only real and proper way to know if i am PG is using a proper test but seeing as opk was all i had thought i would try, any body think from what i have said that it could even be remotely possible or am i just clutching at straws?? grateful for any feedback, thanks xx

I'd go get a pregnancy test for sure. I was getting positives on OPKs when pregnant but I already knew that I was pregnant :hugs:

i'm confused about your statement "faint but positive." for an opk to be positive, the test line should be as dark as or darker than the control. in my experience, an opk does work as an hpt, but when it did work for me, it was the brightest positive i'd ever gotten on an opk.

that being said, i've heard they don't work for everyone. if you're late, go get an hpt. and super duper good luck to you!!! :flower:

ive heard that using an OPK as an HPT doesnt work for everyone.....go get an HPT! good luckk

I read that too so last month I took a opk the day before my AF and it was positive. Took a pregnancy test next day in the morning and had BFN and then AF showed up like it was supposed to. :nope: So i guess i'd say it didn't work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->