Using opk's when you work different hours.

Natnee

Mummy to Belle
Reaction score
So my first lot of opk's have arrived today. But I am a little confused about when I should use them, as in best time of day. I was thinking of starting at end of the week, I am on cd3 today so will be cd9. However, although I only work 12 hours a week I am worried my hours will interfere with getting a proper result from them, as I won't be able to use at same time everyday.

So I work 9-6 on Saturdays, and then 6-10 in the evening on Mondays. So I wouldn't be able to test say lunchtime/afternoons on a saturday (I get home around 6:30) and then on a Monday I am leaving for work at 5:30. The only time I COULD do it at the same time every day would be say 10:30 in the evening, but would this be too late in the day?

How do you ladies who work shifts, or different hours manage?

I'm sorry, I don't know if 10.30pm is too late - but I work shifts, and the only way I get around it is to take one to work with me..! Is that possible for you, that you can just do on a quick toilet break?

The LH surge window isn't usually so brief that you wouldn't be able to catch it if you weren't testing it at exactly the same time every day.

I have a weird schedule too, and had two surges in the last week and caught one at 1030pm and the other at 11am. I wasn't testing multiple times a day - those were the only tests I took those days. Some people have them last for days, so you could always try throwing a second test in there at a different point in the day when you're feeling like it's close. The only thing I read when I was looking this up was that it starts at 8am for most people and isn't detectable until hours later, so you don't want to do it first thing when you wake up, and that most people test between 11am and 8pm. Obviously, I had success catching it after then anyway, so there's at least one anecdotal contrary point to the time frame.

I'd just do it after you get home from work on your early days and before you go to work on your evening shifts.

It would be a bit difficult to do at work, so I don't think I could do that!! I think I will just have to play it by ear and see how it goes and just have to have the one day where I do it a bit later. It's my first month doing it so will see how it goes really, It might still work out ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->