Uterus Didelphys

shirley79

Reaction score
Hi to all, well here is my story.

I have two children, one of 19 years and one turning 7, in the last 8 months i have suffered 2 missed miscarriages, I had a D&C just a week ago and after the op, the surgeon came to me to tell me that he was surprised to find i had Uterus Didelphys, (2 wombs and 2 cervics) he was very surprised it had not been noticed after 2 c-sections and smears, both my miscarriages ended at 11 weeks to be told babies had stopped developing around the 8 week mark. My first child was born via c-section due to being breech at 38 weeks, my second was born at 35 weeks due to my waters starting to leak at 25 weeks, the doctors thought best to start me off early due to possible infections. Now both my children had a low birth weight but were both healthy and did not need any help or intervention after being born. I am now wondering if this condition is what is now causing these miscarriages, my surgeon said the latest baby was developing in my left womb but as i have just been diagnosed with the condition there is no note of what womb my two children grew in. I am from the UK and over here they will not investigate reasons for miscarriage unless it happens 3 times. My question is has anyone else got this condition and have they had trouble carrying full term or even getting past the 1st trimester, we have no trouble conceiving and i have had 2 successful pregnancies in the past, so i don't know if this is why we have lost 2 babies now or if it maybe another reason. Any advice would be welcomed, i will be seeking advice from doctor, but it will be interesting if there are ppl out there who have or are going through what we are.

Thank You for reading :)

something to think about..

ot: sorry hope im not steppping on toes

are you aware that you where a twin that infused with each other one not developing to full...

i been reading up on stuff like this and its kind of neat..

d you have twins in your family?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->