UTI but no symptoms

HopingFor2v1

Soon to be Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I went in for an OB appt on Tuesday and they had me do a urine culture. I got the results back and they said I had a UTI and they were sending in an antibiotic Rx. I haven't been having any symptoms, is that normal? I guess I'm just a bit surprised, because anytime I've had a UTI, I was very incredibly uncomfortable. Anyone have a UTI and not have symptoms?

Maybe u caught it early.
U could ask for a recheck if u think its wrong
But prob safer to take antib rather than risk letting it set it.
Xx

Unfortunately I can relate only to well to UTI's with no symptoms well other than a bad back that was treated for years with acupuncture, turns out I never had a bad back it was only when pregnant they picked up UTI's

When you have no urinary symptoms but there's significant bacterial growth on your urine culture, that's called asymptomatic bacteriuria. In healthy nonpregnant adults, we don't treat asymptomatic bacteriuria because there's no proven benefit. During pregnancy, however, asymptomatic bacteriuria is associated with increased risk of pyelonephritis, preterm birth, and low birth weight infants. This is why pregnant women are treated with antibiotics. So... take the meds!

I've had them before I was pregnant and they were awful and obvious. I've had two during pregnancy and no symptoms at all or hardly any. Was treated both times and that's important in pregnancy. Kidney infections can cause preterm labor. Take the script and they will make sure it's gone at the next visit.

Thanks ladies! I've definitely been taking the meds, and so far so good. I've had a couple UTIs pre pregnancy and they were very uncomfortable, it just surprised me to find out I had one when I didn't have any symptoms at all. Nothing like finding out from online test results that you have one:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->