Uti like symptoms 48 hours after trigger

vichy

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I took my first trigger on Friday at six after my scan (one mature follicle after two weeks of 100-150 gonal f daily. ) I woke up this morning with a really heavy bruised feeling in my groin area and felt like I had to pee a lot like with uti. I am prone to utis and was planning on going to the after hours doctors service but it has improved slightly since this morning. It's still bloated and bruised feeling down there and I'm still peeing a lot with some discomfort but not as much as a normal uti. but I have drunk 3 litres of water.

Has anyone else experienced this feeling after the trigger? And also do you think it would be safe to use a hot water bottle? I know heat on that are is bad in early pregnancy but I'm hoping it's safe enough during ovulation because I think it will really help.

Thanks guys, fingers crossed for bfps. X

Hi ladies,

I took my first trigger on Friday at six after my scan (one mature follicle after two weeks of 100-150 gonal f daily. ) I woke up this morning with a really heavy bruised feeling in my groin area and felt like I had to pee a lot like with uti. I am prone to utis and was planning on going to the after hours doctors service but it has improved slightly since this morning. It's still bloated and bruised feeling down there and I'm still peeing a lot with some discomfort but not as much as a normal uti. but I have drunk 3 litres of water.

Has anyone else experienced this feeling after the trigger? And also do you think it would be safe to use a hot water bottle? I know heat on that are is bad in early pregnancy but I'm hoping it's safe enough during ovulation because I think it will really help.

Thanks guys, fingers crossed for bfps. X

Hi Vichy- I know this post is three days old so I hope you are feeling better by now. My trigger makes my abdomen feel really full (bloated) and tender, and my abdomen does hurt a bit when I pee. I think it is from the follicles/eggs growing in there and taking up more space than usual. I have noticed I feel like I have to pee more (again I think because there is just more space being taken up) but I do not have any burning. You didn't mention burning which I think is a pretty tell-tale sign of a UTI. I would guess no...unless you managed to get a UTI with all the BDing. Hope you're doing well!

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes feeling a lot better today. It wasn't a uti thank god it seems that my bladder got incredibly irritate if I let it empty, I assume it's something to do with the trigger hormones.

Thanks again 2 much! Best of luck with your ttc. Xx

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes feeling a lot better today. It wasn't a uti thank god it seems that my bladder got incredibly irritate if I let it empty, I assume it's something to do with the trigger hormones.

Thanks again 2 much! Best of luck with your ttc. Xx

What a relief you are doing okay and without a UTI! Good luck to you as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->