Uti...maybe?

aurora_dawn

Reaction score
So last night I managed to summon up some sex drive and my poor suffering OH managed to get lucky. But at 1:30 am, my usual time to wake up and go pee, I awoke with a terrible burning, pressure filled sensation in my bladder. It was typical UTI pain but magnified by I assume my uterus sitting on top of it. It HURT. So after several more trips to go pee, I googled to see if AZO(the stuff that turns your pee bright orange!) was safe to take while pregnant and popped two pills. By 8 this morning the pain had gone done but was still there. So I took a trip to the ER, where they did a urine test. It didn't show any infection in my urine, but there was some blood. The doctor didn't iniatally want to give me antibiotics, but I did mention that my last UTI test showed the same results but went they sent my urine out for further tests is when the infection showed up. And I was stuck for a week without any antibiotics.

So I was sent away with 5 days of amoxicillian and told to drink lots. The pain is much better. But now I'm worried that maybe it wasn't a UTI and maybe its something wrong with the baby of course...but there is no bleeding when I wipe, ultrasound last week was all good...

Anyone have any advice? Just relax right....?

Are you prone to UTI's? Have you been during your pregnancy? If you are, and that's what the pain felt like, then I imagine you did everything right and that you'll be back to normal in no time.
If your pain is just in 'that' area and nothing from your stomach/baby then I'm sure your little one is fine. Obviously if the antibiotics don't help then go back to the ER or see your midwife and get them to do a check on your baby. And if you're still worrying before then, you can always ring your midwife and see what they think, see whether they think it could be anything more serious etc.

Also - how long had you not had sex for? If it had been a while, your body could have been hurting from the shock! I know mine does if I haven't had it for a while.

Oh I always seem to pick up a UTI about once a year or so but this will be my second this year. I do feel remarkedly better at the moment but not sure if that is due to the AZO or what. Fingers crossed that it was just a simple UTI that was caught early.

You know I never thought about the shock of the sex thing. Lol its been hmm about two weeks or so...:blush:

Thanks for the advice!

If you start taking a probiotic and eat some garlic it will kill any infection that you might have. I take them daily and give them to my kids and I NEVER get a UTI or anything. And I agree with the sex thing, sometimes if its been a few days it burns. Getting some lube might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->