Uuuugh did we spell it funny?

pinkmac85

Mom & pregnant with #2
Reaction score
So I know the traditional way of spelling LeeAnne is Leanne or Leeanne but did we do it funny by making the A capital?!? People always look at me oldy when they ask the spelling, almost like it should be two words like Lee Anne....we did it this way (LeeAnne) because Lee is my MIL's middle name and Anne is my moms name....but now I feel like we have done it wrong or something because of the reactions we get. I dont really know any other people who have a name that is just one word with 2 capital letters ?

My name is Anne-Marie, but i no a load of people who spell the name AnnMarie or AnMarie

i think people react like that because it looks different written down..

Screw em... whatever you like is what goes. :D

ive only seen it spelt LeAnn.. or LeAnne.. lol..

I like it the way it is! I know a MaryAnne, so no I don't think it's weird!

I don't think it's that unusual. I don't look at it twice or anything. I think you're just fine.
Now, if I decided to spell Simon's name, with a silent P at the beginning, that might raise a few eyebrows..Psimon, anyone? :)

I have seen it spelled this way before, and I think it's lovely. Who cares what others think anyhow :hugs:

Ooh Sarah - think you might be on to something with Psimon :rofl: You may start a new naming trend?

I think that so long as you enjoy and like the way it's spelled, then that's all that matters. :hugs:

i agree hun my son is called Aarron as you know you can spell it arron aaron but someone said to me is your son called air -on im like no he is called r on if you get me lol i wanted to be different their wasnt many Aarron's about when he was born but now i seem too find loads , this time around i think i will call my son or daughter Isabella after my gran or Alexander after my grandpa tho OH wants to call the baby Jon after jon bon jovi which i aint too keen on as he has a very strong liking to him you could call it his male crush lol x

i agree hun my son is called Aarron as you know you can spell it arron aaron but someone said to me is your son called air -on im like no he is called r on if you get me lol i wanted to be different their wasnt many Aarron's about when he was born but now i seem too find loads , this time around i think i will call my son or daughter Isabella after my gran or Alexander after my grandpa tho OH wants to call the baby Jon after jon bon jovi which i aint too keen on as he has a very strong liking to him you could call it his male crush lol x

My crush as well! haha

I will be honest I haven't seen LeeAnne with the capital in the middle before, but like the other ladies have said here, there are many other names that do have the Anne capitalized. At the end of the day, unless you pick a common name with very phonetic spelling you will always have to spell out and deal with people raising eyebrows. I have a very strange name and don't even say my name to new people, I just go into spelling it. I don't mind, your baby won't either. So don't let it get to you ok! :hugs:

i think its great, its a really unique addition to a fairly popular name!

ive seen it with capital before. someone i know called Leanne, has started spelling hers LeighAnn!!! so theres so many ways of spelling it!

well my name is Leanne and is spelt Leanne ...HOWEVER...i must say that hardly anyone gets the spelling right lol: Lianne, Lee Anne,Leighanne...lol always funny getting birthday cards from friends and work friends lol

It looks different that way. My names spelt just Leanne.
I would have loved it if my mother had slept it Leighanne. Dont see what very often :)

i love it hon! and think it looks perfect! ignore what anyone says - look how we spell maddilynne!! as long as you like it, who cares what anyone says! xx

However you like it is how it should be lol. It is just like Sarah & Sara, all a matter of choice either is right :)

my name is Leanne, but sometimes when writing it in cards etc. I put LeAnne, think it looks fine to me!!

I think it looks fine!
Everyone spells everything different! I wouldn't worry about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->