Vacation in later pregnancy

armychicmkm

3rd Tri - Woohoo!
Reaction score
My husband and I are a planning a trip home in September to coincide with hunting season. It will take us 2 full days to drive there (that includes all the pee breaks). Everybody is freaking out that I am going because I will be almost 32 weeks when we go. We'll arrive back home at the start of Week 34 Anybody else take a long vacation that late in? Good or bad experience? and What do I say to get people to calm down?

im going to devon in may ill be 30 weeks then so not quite so far in but at least your still in the same country maybe pack your hospital bag that your gonna take with you to hosp at the point of birth..just in case, if it puts your mind at ease??

h x

we drove to spain and back when my mum was heavily pregnant with my little sister (not sure how far gone she was though). it took over a day but i cant remember her complaining that much x

I would ask your doctor as she may say that it is too far if you've had any complications. Is there a hospital that you could deliver at just in case you were to go into early labor? I would think that would be the only reason you couldn't go. I'm planning on going on a short trip (4 hour drive) when I'm 38 weeks pregnant for two days. The only thing I have to make sure is that there is a hospital nearby just in case.

There will be hospital close by the entire trip, including the drive. I don't think I'll be more than 30 mins away from one at any point in time. My mother was freaking out because she actually thought I would be running through the woods chasing a bear at 7 months pregnant! :rofl: I don't think so! It probably would be a good idea if I took some stuff along "just in case" though.

I'm going to Devon on May 31st to June 7th and I'll be 28 weeks. I know it's not as far as you but I'm quite worried. We'll be driving which is roughly 9 hrs from scotland. So I'll make sure I stop for pee and to stretch my legs as I don't want to swell. Take lots of water with you hun.

We're flying home for 3 weeks in August & I'll be in the 30+ week range. Airlines say it's just fine & although if I ended up having the baby there it would mean I would have to stay for a few months until birth certificate/passport are sorted out that wouldn't be the end of the world.

I wouldn't panic about it if I were you. Sounds like you're already planning for the trip to take longer for extra breaks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->