Vaccinations

Missy

Reaction score
My DD is 8 weeks and due for her first vaccinations. I would be interested to know if anyone here has decided against having their LO's vaccinated and if so, the reasons. Thanks.

We started out vaccinating Landon on schedule, Casen we were more selective and then before Hayden was due for his 2mo vaccines I did tons of research, from the time I was pregnant up until the day before he was to have them lol. We have decided against vaccines, he doesn't have any, besides the one Hep B in the hospital and I wish I hadn't given it to him ( he didn't have any side effects but I still wish he didn't have it), Landon and Casen also no longer receive any. I have reasons for each vaccine but for the most part for me it's the chance of them getting the disease, the risks that come with the disease vs the fact that they would be exposed to the vaccine for sure if we gave them to them and the risks of the vaccines. We feel it's too risky for them to have the vaccines because of the side effects and ingredients in them. I don't feel they have enough benefits to outweigh that part of them. While I of course don't want my kids to get sick I feel they are very healthy kids and are more than capable of fighting off most of these diseases and IMO the side effects of the disease is less risky.

We are all but decided that we will not have Sapphire vaccinated and I am ready for the barrage of disapproval we are likely to receive from not only the doctor but probably family too. I am aware that there are a lot of parents who have chosen not to have their children vaccinated but I know very few personally. It is a difficult decision to make but at the end of the day I think I have to go with my gut instinct.

Thanks for replying :hugs:

I really don't to vaccinate Alice for more or less the same reasons of Mo3, but I think I might have to. I will be going back to school next september and I can't find a daycare that will accept her :( Though right now she is 12 weeks and still doesn't have any .

I never thought about the daycare thing. I will be going back to work next May. Not sure if I will have similar problems with nurseries here in the UK .

I know here every state has exemptions to vaccines, here they are either religious, medical or philisophical. Religious and medical are pretty self explanatory, but we use philisophical which pretty much just means you don't believe in them. Both Colorado and Texas have that one, which is the 2 places we have lived since Landon started school, and to obtain the exemptions it's different in all states. Like CO we just had to sign the back of a vaccine record form saying we don't agree with them and give that to the school. In Texas we had to send off for a paper from the state, then sign it and have it notarized then give that to the school.

I would look into things like that there, see if they offer exemptions. You can use them here for daycares, schools, any place that would need them they can be used for

We're selectively vaccinating Jack, though I actually wish we'd been even more selective than we have been. I did my research and decided that the risks of catching the various illnesses routinely vaccinated against were incredibly small, even before the vaccines were introduced in some cases and the risks of serious complications from those illnesses even more rare. However, the risks of vaccines are still somewhat unknown, so little research has been done on the negative outcomes of vaccination.

It also really concerned me that the government had introduced some vaccines without them having been properly tested and I worried about the high aluminium content of some of them when aluminium poisoning has been shown to be very serious.

Also, some childhood illnesses are relatively minor in childhood but very serious in adulthood. The vaccines only provide a few years protection, whereas contracting the actual disease provide lifetime immunity. I would far rather Jack had a sore throat with mumps for a few days as a kid than ended up sterile as an adult because he was vaccinated before puberty.

Our GP gave us a lecture about our decision and said that all the kids who are vaccinated are fine, which is at best optimistic and at worst an outright lie! We don't know for sure that todays kids are not being seriously harmed by the intensive vaccination schedule in the UK. There are rising levels of ADD, which has been potentially linked to aluminium poisoning, rising levels of allergies not to mention cancer rates which some people theorise could be linked to our immune systems being bombarded at a young age and then crippled for the rest of our lives.

We didn't do the PCV and won't be doing MMR either. We agreed to Men C and Pedacel but I wish we hadn't given him the Men C (his second dose is still to come, seems silly to not give that when he's already had the first dose!)

We also spread them out more. He didn't get any until 3 months and is only having one a month, 5 jabs total.

I gave them all because I didnt question it at first. She had the BCG also.

I wont bother getting into the moral issue with vaccines...

But while you are researching, make sure you check the schools and daycares to see what is required. Some states/countries will not allow unvaccinated children in... this is to protect other chilren and their families and other infants they may come in contact with. Also in some places you can be charged/sued for failing to comply or lying about it.

Also be aware of the effects those illnesses can have on a child or infant who may contract a preventable disease. While a 4 year old may be able to cope, a young sibling may have a more serious reaction and death.

Not trying to argue... Just pointing out some things.

I dont think I will be doing chicken pox... That is a little extreme to me. meningities and MMR I will def be getting though.

In the UK, vaccines are not needed for school or nursery. We selectively vaccinated with Kaya only getting the 5:1 at 6 months. That said we will be home educating, so there won't be the same 'hot house' issues as there would be if she were going to nursery or school.

In the UK, vaccines are not needed for school or nursery. We selectively vaccinated with Kaya only getting the 5:1 at 6 months. That said we will be home educating, so there won't be the same 'hot house' issues as there would be if she were going to nursery or school.

While this is true atm they are talking about refusing admission to nursery or school to kids who haven't had the MMR. But we will also be home educating so it isn't an issue for us either.

I didn't even know there was a chicken pox vaccine! Not sure about that one but my LO will definitely be getting all the 'big' ones. I kind of think that yeah, it's ok now for people to choose not to have some or all of the vaccinations because the herd effect means that it's very unlikely that your child would come into contact with the bad diseases, but if everybody stopped getting them, we'd be back in the middle ages. I don't think that would be much fun!

I didn't even know there was a chicken pox vaccine! Not sure about that one but my LO will definitely be getting all the 'big' ones. I kind of think that yeah, it's ok now for people to choose not to have some or all of the vaccinations because the herd effect means that it's very unlikely that your child would come into contact with the bad diseases, but if everybody stopped getting them, we'd be back in the middle ages. I don't think that would be much fun!

The chicken pox vaccine isn't routine in the UK as chicken pox is still (sensibly) considered a minor childhood illness.

The thing about more people choosing not to vaccinate is that before the vaccines became common the serious diseases were disappearing anyway thanks to better living conditions in this part of the world, so a pandemic would be extremely unlikely. People give vaccines way too much credit imo.

The attached link outlines some of the reasons why I am contemplating not vaccinating. The decision has to be a personal one for each set of parents but my gut instinct is telling me to abstain. There is no evidence staring me in the face and telling me that vaccinating will protect my LO or that the benfits outweigh the risk and I have to admit to being very sceptical about the reasons for the powers that be encouraging mass innoculation. Having said that, I am still not fully decided whether she will have none or some of the vaccines and I continue to research.

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/baby/question-vaccinations

Agree with shifter about the decline of diseases occurring before the vaccines were in place. That's fact. Also the claim that smallpox was eliminated by vaccination is pretty far fetched given that only 10% of the population was ever vaccinated. Don't believe all we are told I'd say.

Does where you live have bearing on anyones decision not to vaccinate? I live in London so Im assuming diseases are more common here.

But surely the risk is low because children are vaccinated and this keeps the illness at bay. If everyone stops immunsing wont these 'rare' illnesses become more common? I dont really know much about it. James will be having all his Jabs though.

We're selectively vaccinating Jack, though I actually wish we'd been even more selective than we have been. I did my research and decided that the risks of catching the various illnesses routinely vaccinated against were incredibly small, even before the vaccines were introduced in some cases and the risks of serious complications from those illnesses even more rare. However, the risks of vaccines are still somewhat unknown, so little research has been done on the negative outcomes of vaccination.

It also really concerned me that the government had introduced some vaccines without them having been properly tested and I worried about the high aluminium content of some of them when aluminium poisoning has been shown to be very serious.

Also, some childhood illnesses are relatively minor in childhood but very serious in adulthood. The vaccines only provide a few years protection, whereas contracting the actual disease provide lifetime immunity. I would far rather Jack had a sore throat with mumps for a few days as a kid than ended up sterile as an adult because he was vaccinated before puberty.

Our GP gave us a lecture about our decision and said that all the kids who are vaccinated are fine, which is at best optimistic and at worst an outright lie! We don't know for sure that todays kids are not being seriously harmed by the intensive vaccination schedule in the UK. There are rising levels of ADD, which has been potentially linked to aluminium poisoning, rising levels of allergies not to mention cancer rates which some people theorise could be linked to our immune systems being bombarded at a young age and then crippled for the rest of our lives.

Does where you live have bearing on anyones decision not to vaccinate? I live in London so Im assuming diseases are more common here.

I really don't know much about London, I of course know where it is and all that, but I'm not familiar with the area. I'm guessing you mean because it's a large city vs out in the middle of nowhere? More people? I live right outside of Ft. Worth in the DFW area which is HUGE there are tons of people in TX. We also lived right outside Denver Colorado, another major city. No, it didn't make a difference to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->