Vaccinations

I shall be getting my LO vaccinated. My mother didn't have the Rubella vaccination when she was younger and lost her unborn baby to rubella when she was 6months pregnant.

Up to 1920 there were roughly 10,000 deaths recorded due to measles a year, with the help of better sanitation and immunisation the rate has dropped quite significantly. With large migration of population and sanitation levels decreasing therefore there is a chance of epidemics happening again.

But surely the risk is low because children are vaccinated and this keeps the illness at bay. If everyone stops immunsing wont these 'rare' illnesses become more common? I dont really know much about it. James will be having all his Jabs though.

measles had almost been wiped out in some areas until ppl decided against vaccinating. i dont need to tell ppl how werious the measles can be :cry: i also do not believe in the autism-vaccine link. they did a HUGE study in norway/denmark, cant remember which and the instance of autism in vaccinated vs non-vaccinated children was identical.
i think look into it vaccine by vaccine. like vaccinating against the chickenpox? thats a bit mad. and i got swine flu, a friend of mine got the vaccine and ended up much sicker than me.. sorry for the ramble :dohh:

We will be selectively vaccinating and delaying certain vaccines. My MW recommended a book called (Dr Sears) 'The Vaccine Book' which provides info on the risks of the vaccines, ingredients of them and then the risks of the illness they're vaccinating against; makes it a bit easier to come to a decision because all the info is right there in front of you, so you can make an informed decision for each one.

xx

I think delaying can sometimes be a great idea, I have chosen to have most vaccines done but have delayed them all. Freya will be having the MMR but not until she is a good few months older, probably nearer 2 than 1.

Also ^ can't believe you're 27 weeks already!!

has anybody had their LO vaccinated against TB? We are doing all the normal vaccines offered at the normal time, but the TB vaccine isn't routinely offered around here. Leyla was offered it though cos Arif's parents are from Pakistan so she's classed as higher risk than others. I don't know whether or not to get it - does anybody know of any particular risks associated with the vaccine? My mum sees a lot of patients with TB and I know how horrible it can be and we do see a lot of people who go to Pakistan or see other people who do. I'm so undecided!

Rachel, we had Aisling vaccinated against TB because it's one routinely offered in Ireland. TBH, I didn't look into it too much at the time, they just do it in the hospital but she's had no side effects except for the red spot on her arm which is still there nearly a year later.

Can I ask what the benefit is of delaying vaccinations? I'd like Aisling to have all of hers but didn't realise that delaying them might make a difference?

Usually people delay some so that they only get 1 maybe 2 shots at a time, instead of 4-5...so it's less on their little bodies. Another reason is because some feel their body is better able to handle the vaccines after their immune system is built up some on their own.

I guess you could say we intend to selectively vaccinate. I've researched this heavily, for a long time and most childhood vaccines I have decided she will have. Swine flu and HPV type jabs are a no.

The risks carried by most jabs are minimal, I can genuinely see no reason not to. As for research into long term effects, there has been a fair amount done into all the chemicals and compositions over the last few decades. My reasons for going against certain vaccines are those with little or no research and those that are completely unnecessary.

As for cancers... A lot of those, I can say with some confidence, have rocketed in frequency due to modern lifestyles. Diet, drinking, smoking, drugs... the chemicals and compositions of vaccines have a short enough half life for causing cancers to be a virtual impossibility. Unless you believe certain theories over empirical evidence.

Soooo, from a purely scientific pov - yes, we vaccinate.

Rachel, we had Aisling vaccinated against TB because it's one routinely offered in Ireland. TBH, I didn't look into it too much at the time, they just do it in the hospital but she's had no side effects except for the red spot on her arm which is still there nearly a year later.

Can I ask what the benefit is of delaying vaccinations? I'd like Aisling to have all of hers but didn't realise that delaying them might make a difference?

Yeah exactly what Beth said, I feel it is a lot to ask of a newborn to cope with some of the stuff they inject. I also think the MMR is a lot for a 13 month old to cope with, it's a pretty big injection, and I like to think I am giving Freya a good chance at dealing with it.

never thought about delaying vaccines, sounds like it makes sense! Femme, just interested to know why no HPV?

No need, wear a condom and go for smears and you won't get cervical cancer. It also only covers 30% of dangerous strains so... it's pretty pointless in all.

I'm adding this in here too... Sorry for spamming ! But I deffinatly think its worth knowing :D wether you choose to vaccinate, or not :)

There is little our bodies can't fight off with the aid of a good diet. I'm still in two minds about vaccinating. My baby is 11 weeks old and still hasn't had her first jabs as I'm still not sure I want to put her through them :shrug:

I'm of the "natural healing" party you could say :lol: my diet is mainly alkaline (one thing that decreases our bodies immune systems are too much acid in our diets as our body spends so much time trying to neutralise it can't work hard enough fight disease and infection etc effectively without the aid of medicine) and when I feel an illness coming on I juice fast (even for a day works wonders) and I can assure you these are two things that knock the socks off lemsip :rofl: I have a fantastic immune system, very rarely get ill and I wholeheartedly put it down to having a good diet. Whereas my OH eats crap (MAJOR JUNK FOOD JUNKIE :lol: ) and he's ill ALL THE TIME. And he has so many allergies I lose count!

Its deffinatly something to consider, our bodies ARE able to fight illness of many many kinds if we only give it chance :D

I'm not sure how this works out for anyone else but if you look at the chart and see which catagory you mainly fall into... would you agree if you ate more foods from the acid side you were more prone to illness/fatige? Just a thought as since changing to a mainly alkaline (but not totally as you can't expect that!) diet 2 years ago I felt at least 50% better than before and also being vegetarian it helped ALOT with tiredness! :flower:

https://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/mushroompixie/acid_alkaline_chart.gif​

Sorry I went off on a bit of a tangent :blush: its not directly to do with vaccinating babies/children BUT it deffinatly lends weight to building their immune systems and if its decided not to vaccinate I think this would be a very very good route to take!

So cool Love Bunny I agree with what your saying regarding Acid and Alkaline and even though I didnt know that this existed, its easy to identify the benefits.
I also agree with our diets playing a role in maintaining our and our childrens immunity :thumbup:

This is a great thread, as DH and I are undecided about vaccinating George.
We researched a lot when I was pregnant and have to say, the levels of aluminium/mercury still contained in the jabs frightens me, and I find it bizarre that they use peanut oil as a base carrier in some vaccines when they think this causes peanut allergies?!

My HV is great and very open-minded which is refreshing. She said that roughly 1 in 100 of the parents she sees decides not to go for any jabs at all and she completely respected their decision.
She also spoke to the nurse at the surgery for us and got us some ingredients lists which I thought was kind of her.
An interesting point to note though was from a friend of mine who works at a special needs school. As George has had a bad tummy, she advised me to make sure I research all vaccinations thoroughly and maybe consider postponing/avoiding some as the early vaccines can be known to affect the bowel functions (this we cannot risk with George) and also their are several children at the school she works at that have severe learning difficulties that their parents have linked with vaccinations. One boys family sued the drug company successfully, as they were able to provide video footage of their son just days before his MMR jab, which showed such a difference :( (the company blamed an 'out of date' batch of vaccinations).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->