Vacuuming while pregnant ?

I hoover every day, downstairs anyway. Oh and no, I don't have loads of time on my hands either. I have to, with a toddler the floor would be horrendous otherwise, toast crumbs everywhere etc! I don't lift it upstairs though or hoover stairs now, OH does that.

Wow, just to let you all know, im officially god damn LAZY!!! lol

I will vacuum once a week if that, tbh i havent vacuumed in about 3 weeks... trust me my floor aint bad... i just let my partner vac! I have laminate throughout the house so i will mop and disinfect it once a week, but thats it. I truly hate house work... and tend not to do it :S

My partner will do the washing up...( i do do some washing up) I put the washing on but he pegs it out and puts it on the airer, but sadly we aint getting enough dry in this weather so are buying a new tumble dryer lmao XD in my flat when my partner didnt live with me.. i swept every night and moped once a week and in the two bedrooms i had carpet i hoovered 2/3 times a week. but to be honest i cant stand how quick someone messes it up, and makes me feel too angry lol... but i was still lazy as i had washing machines and tumble dryers in the building free for us to use, so i would wait till i had enough washing to fill all 3 washing machines and do it then, and also had a dishwasher at the time... still have the dishwasher but no where to put it or connect it here :(

my mum asked the other day where the polish was?! i was like WTF do you think i am, i aint no french house made, i havent polished since i was like 13!! and i only helped with that once a year lol
looking at my tv unit and that, i really should invest in some polish lol.
I clean my kitchen down with disinfectant every day though :D thats the only thing i do daily house work wise!! xx

just to show how lazy i am.... ive been a full time mum for the last 3 yrs lmao

Well im a cleaner so i hoover all day everyday and then my own home so hope this isnbt true,my mw knows what i do and has never commented so im not to worried

I vacuumed all my carpets a couple of days ago and the next day my groin area was sore from it. Must have been the pushing/pulling.

I have 2 big (very beautiful) hairy dogs so I have no choice but to hoover every day! Sometimes wish I could just just shave them!! :haha:

During my last pregnancy I had SPD and was advised not to hoover because of the pushing and pulling motion making the SPD worse. But other than that its perfectly safe.

When I was pregnant last time my lo always used to wiggle around when it was on! I think it's just to do with the weight, if you have stairs or something to have to lift it on.

It is perfectly safe to hoover up as long as you re within your own physical limits.... :) Like a previous poster said she was advised not to do due to SPD, but generally as long as your healthy these things are alright... I work by the rule, if your body is used to doing it anyhow, then pregnancy wont prevent it. For instance I have to carry my 20+ lb baby everywhere everyday, my body is used to carrying this weight so it shouldnt affect my abilities. Dragging myself off the floor however - altogether different problem!! :)

MissCherry15 - At last I have found someone who is exactly the same as me re housework!! I don't own any polish either! :haha: Hi five to you! :thumbup:

Doubt my OH will go for this one, but we have a cat that leaves clumps of hair everywhere! They're like tumble weed across the floor! So sometimes have no choice but to do it, but when I just can't be bothered my OH will do it as he hates it! :haha:
As for Washing up, I'm crafty and do the same thing. If I leave it for a few hours, next time I look in the sink its washed and dried as my OH can't stand dirty dishes :haha:

OMG vacuuming everyday!!!! Where do you find the time? I'm lucky if I do it once a week? Are people that are vacuuming daily working outside the house? I just need to know how lazy and inadequate to feel LOL (I work full time)

Lol! Well I stay at home with my 3 year old, so cleaning the house is really all I have lol! :haha:

I still vacuum, haven't had a problem thus far. Mine isn't super heavy though.

we vacuum twice a week. We bought a new eureka vacuum a few months ago, it doesnt contain lead in the cable like the older vacuums do, and its very light and easy to move around. Our house is 1 level.

We actually have a chores router set up in the house because my husband is very good at "forgetting" to do any house work and I hate the house being a mess.

2 adults, 1 toddler, 3 cats...the house needs to be clean!

we do the dishes in turns every night, the person not doing the dishes wipes down the counters, stove and table top.

then twice weekly...

hubby vacuums the right side of the house (living room, 2 bedrooms and bathroom), and he cleans the toilets in both bathrooms.

I vacuum the left side of the house (bedroom/office, bathroom and sweep/mop the kitchen) and clean the shower, bathtub and sinks in both bathrooms.

I take the trash out and I also clean the litter trays and do all the laundry and cook dinner.

I work part time, he works full time. I used to do all the chores, but pregnant, with a toddler to chase around, and working...i was so stressed out, id finish work and start chores while watching toddler, and still be cleaning up at 1am before collapsing into bed. I put my foot down and told my hubby he would get laid more if he actually lifted a finger because i wouldnt be so tired all the time!

it worked!

Never heard of this but I am so going to try it on my husband!!!

I have to hoover every couple of days as my son makes such a mess and yes toast crumbs get everywhere! We also have a dog so can't escape the hoover!

Don't hoover much upstairs though or ever actually! My husband must do that lol!

When we were looking after Nan's cat over summer DH hoovered once a week. Now DH does it about once every 2 weeks! As it's currently just the two of us, and we both work full time it doesn't ever look dirty. I have hoovered once since pregnant. DH says I do a rubbish job cos I hoover round things rather than moving stuff. So I agree it is best that he does it lol ;). I hate housework though! We pay my Nan to do our ironing lol. I haven't heard hoovering is bad though, but I wouldn't carry the hoover between floors xxx

I'd like to know how the lead is supposed to seep through the plastic and be dangerous? That's just ridiculous!

Also glad to read I'm not the only one who can't be bothered to clean all that often.

It's good exercise besides who else would do it ? Lol

Certain old style cords have lead in the plastic (or whatever plastic-like stuff they use) coating (Christmas lights come with a warning about it) but I would think vac cords would be coated with something less cheesy in this day and age, or else they probably/hopefully would have to have a warning to wash your hands as Christmas lights do. I vac daily, but my vac weighs 8 lbs (Dirt Devil Dynamite). I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, so it is not optional. I was told to lay off of it when I was on pelvic rest though. I think it was more about the weight issue. Some vacuums weigh a ton.

My OH hooveres with our son each evening (thr front room anyways) because our son loves it. Its only a small one tho, and I sit on the floor to do it. the kitchen gets hoovered once every 1-2 weeks, and upstairs gets hovered when I ask OH and he achuly gets off the computer =)

hahahaha!! sure if you are high risk and have to be careful about everything you do then vacuming probably isn't a great idea but sounds like me like a very clever lady made this up to get her hubby doing teh housework for 9 months!

I wonder if i can persuade mine.....i'm sure this must also apply to washing, cleaning toilets, washing up, cooking......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->