Vaginal Temp'ers - Do you temp during AF?

floridasian

Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching to temp'ing vaginally next cycle but how you temp during AF? Do you skip it and temp after AF is over? If you temp, how do you do it? With the tampon in or out? Isn't it kind of gross?

I don't, too gross for me. I usually wait until cd 6 to start. I know some girls who do it during AF though. It really is personal preference.

Start around cd 5 or 6 here too, still gives plenty of time to establish a baseline temp range xx

I also wait until AF is over with. It gives me a nice break where I don't need to worry about temping.

I skip AF too. I tend to ovulate lateish so PLENTY of time to establish a pre-O baseline temp.

I skip it. It doesn't gross me out, but I like to see a biphasic chart and my temp doesn't always drop quick enough when AF starts.

Thanks for everyone's input. I was looking at the chart gallery on FF and saw that there were plenty of vaginal charts that have temps all throughout AF so I was wondering how people temp during AF. Apparently most people here don't!

I test all throughout my cycle just because I need to stay in the habit and stay consistent. However, during AF I do use thermometer covers. A little inconvenient but works for me. I also make sure to wipe the thermometer off with antibacterial soap and warm water everyday. I haven't had any issues so far. I also only have 2-3 heavy days so that may help. Hope that helps you. :)

I also skip my cycle days if there's a flow. If I'm just spotting, I don't skip it but I do clean the thermometer well. If I'm using soft cups for the cycle, I'll temp since it keeps everything pretty clean.

I don't temp during my cycle because I still have plenty of days between my last day of my period and ovulation to establish a baseline

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->