Valentines Babies, 2013!

My 20 week scan is on the 25th of Sept and have already started counting down!!I would like to have a girl as I already have a son.Funny part is all the dreams I have had so far have been of a boy......~I do hope they are wrong.

Has anyone done all the gender tests ? I bet i will try the baking soda one soon just for interest's sake!!

I'm really hoping that it's a boy and a girl...I would love one of each. I slightly prefer two girls over two boys, but I'll be happy with whatever they are :)

Feeling them move is absolutely the best part so far! Especially after seeing them dancing around on the ultrasound, it makes it even more special because I can picture them as they move. And it's weird knowing that they're moving around way more than I can even feel...the whole ultrasound they were jumping around and I couldn't feel a thing! I only feel them in certain positions or certain situations (like when I sneeze) so far.

The second tri is shaping up to be great...the nausea is tapering off (I didn't take my Zofran this morning and so far so good *fingers crossed*) and I don't feel quite as exhausted (although I have a cold this week so I backslid a bit). Emotionally I'm pretty good, too...I haven't had any major hormonal mood swings, and I'm prone to depression, so that was a worry for me. Love it!

I wanted to do all those old wives tale gender tests- but my plans got foiled with the twins! I can't trust any of them (not like I could have with one :haha:)!

I've tried quite a few gender predictors! I think the last count was 7:2 in favour of a girl!

The red cabbage test, the baking soda test, the Chinese gender predictor, the wedding ring test...

I also found this one.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/baby-gender-predictor/

It said boy for me! Oooooh exciting, we shall see what happens!

:dohh::dohh:Baby centre gender predictor results for me says:

Based on your answers, the research gives you equal chances of having a boy or a girl.

Did the baking soda and it said girl!

Yay, that's great Jo! I have layers of flub too, lol...I think the only reason I can feel them already is because there are two. Otherwise I probably wouldn't feel anything yet. Pretty sure at least one of the placentas is anterior, too.

If I'm wearing maternity clothes, I look like I'm showing quite a bit (and have since 11 weeks)...but in my regular clothes I just look like I've gained weight :haha:. Funny thing is, I haven't actually gained anything!

I think I felt some movement in the morning when I was long overdue on the trip to the bathroom:happydance:been waiting to feel it again but none so far!

I agree with you DragonflyWing in normal clothes i just look fat , a collegue at work(who doesnt know yet) said to me 'mmmm you are losing your waist line watch what you eat'. and at home when i am in my maternity clothes DS(7) has devised a 'theory' that my bump is there on monday tuesday and wednesday and then it dissappears.God know he has watching closely every day!

I agree with you DragonflyWing in normal clothes i just look fat , a collegue at work(who doesnt know yet) said to me 'mmmm you are losing your waist line watch what you eat'.

OMG who would say that to someone? That's so rude. :wacko:

My neighbour said it looked like im loosing weight, made my day!

My 20week (21wk) isnt until 3rd Oct. Cant decide whether to find out or not but we both thought girl from the private scan on tues.
She did say i have a anterior placenta so wont feel anything soon but im pretty sure i have been feeling movement anyway!

That gender test said girl for me! (DH thinks it's a girl, too, but I know he really wants a boy. :) ) I need to try the baking soda test soon! At first I thought I was having a girl, now I have all of these suspicions that it's a boy! So, I'm 50/50. lol For WEEKS my neice (3 yrs old) insisted that the baby is a boy. . .but then she suddenly changed her mind yesterday and says it's a girl now! So. . . who knows! But we're definitely finding out! :)

I just did the test, it said girl! I did the baking soda one for fun and got an inconclusive result... it sort of foamed a bit, but I don't know what that means!

To be honest, I think it's another girl, and I'm ok with it! Maybe we're supposed to raise only girls? We do make amazing girls!

Kim2012, that is so incredibly rude what your coworker said! Poo on them!! :ninja:

Blue_bear, our gender scan is on the same day!!

How does the ring gender test work? I know if it makes circles it's one way, swinging is the other... but I don't remember which is which!

That online test told me it could be a girl, which is what the sonographer said at 13 weeksbut she said she couldn't be certain. Scan at 21 weeks, 4 October, too far away!!

Ok, just had a huge dinner, lasagne mmmmm, but feeling pretty massive..https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_A5F67316.jpg

Not feeling movements or much nausea so don't really believe there is a baby there, not liking this slightly worrying stage. I just don't know if it's all ok...I realize now how comforting the tiredness and nausea were! My nausea is very mild now. And my appetite is so back! But not feeling pregnant is odd- I am still prodding my chest to check its still tender!!
Am so jealous of you guys feeling baby already!!! Great you can possibly feel Despite the placenta blue bear.
Maybe tomorrow will be my day?!
Kim - I hope you know them well, or so rude!!

Aww your bump is cute helena!! :)

I woke up last night moaning in pain. . .I was having cramps. . .I got up, took a poo, then went back to bed. Still having some cramps this morning. . . It's a bit unnerving, but since there's no bleeding, I'm assuming it's just normal cramps?

DH & I were kind of freaked out last night. . . we both got home from work (we work together) to find a stranger parked in our driveway. We got out of our car and the individual starting claiming he is the old owner's nephew (we just bought this house a year ago), and the old owner moved to Pakistan, but they told him to come over and to the house and grab the stuff that they left (he claimed they left tons of expensive purses, watches, a guitar, silverware, pots and pans, etc). We told him that the house was totally cleaned out before we moved in--we specified that it should be cleaned out before we bought it. He kept insisting that their stuff was in our house, pulled out a key and said it was the key to our house, then went into this long story about how he'll call the owner and they'll tell us that the stuff is in there. We insisted that we are the owners, then he went into another story about he has been here several times and has always seen "that car" (he pointed to my husbands car that we don't usually drive to work) parked in the driveway, same spot every day---said he has been to all the windows and doors knocking, but we were never home, etc. It was all very creepy and his story didn't match up. We finally got him to leave, the we called the police who came over and took a report and are trying to keep an eye out for him. . . but there isn't much they can do. :( Now I'm afraid that while we are at work all day something will happen to our house. It's really unnerving to know someone has been to our houses MULTIPLE times while we are not there! :( I hope he was just crazy and will leave us alone. . . . :( :(

OMG that's scary! Is there nothing the police can do at all? I would be really freaked out too!

Ooh Sierra, I would be creeped out too!! Oh weird. Any way you can contact the previous owner yourself?? Oh horrid.

I have also had a few more cramps and aches this week, guess things are growing? I added that between now and 20 weeks baby doubles in size!

The police took down a description of the man and his vehicle, but without ID'ing him, they won't know for sure who he is or his intent. If they find the vehicle, they are going to pull it over and ID the guy to see if he is a felon or not.

helena--we plan on calling the realtor once they open to see if he called there (we suggested he call there because the realtor was the one who took everything out of the house, as the owners moved 5 yeas before the house was sold). We will ask the realtor to contact the previous owner and discuss it with him, since we have none of his contact information.

I was contemplating not coming to work today and staying home, but there isn't much I can do besides call the police---and the police are going to keep driving by our house to make sure everything looks okay today. Plus, a pregnant woman by herself in the house doesn't sound very safe to me. :( We'll go home at lunchtime and make sure everything looks like it did when we left. :( Until then, we just pray that he doesn't come back! :(

It's amazing that baby doubles in size in just 5 weeks! WOW!!! I'm so in love with this baby already!

Sierra, have you changed the locks since you bought the house? If not, I highly recommed you do that immediately. It's creepy enough that he's been skulking around outside your house, but you wouldn't want to come home to find this man had been inside your house because he had a key! That's so crazy!

Sierra, have you changed the locks since you bought the house? If not, I highly recommed you do that immediately. It's creepy enough that he's been skulking around outside your house, but you wouldn't want to come home to find this man had been inside your house because he had a key! That's so crazy!

Yes, we changed the locks as soon as we moved in. . . thank goodness! :) So. . .unless he breaks in, he won't be able to get inside with his key.

Wow... teach me to go away on business for three days, you all have been busy with scans and scares and stuff... oh my!

Kim, I am currently working towards a Doctor of Public Administration. My degrees are rather eclectic. My MS is in Emergency Management and my BA is in Global Studies and Maritime Affairs.

I have found out that I can make my baby wiggle by eating chocolate! Anytime I consume chocolate (ie the brownies I made or the chocolate covered pretzels DH brought home) about 5 minutes later it feels like Sprite fizzing in my uterus. I figure this must by my LO moving around because it certainly isn't gas.

Also I'm working on a 3 day migraine. It started Wednesday night while I was on the road at a training seminar and has continued through today. Tylenol takes the bite away and makes it possible for me to be at work. If I keep myself occupied I can push the pain away. I got migraines that were tracked to my cycle before pregnancy. Now they have doubled in frequency and length. My MW says it is due to all the extra hormones LO is helping to produce. Caffeine doesn't work and just makes me wired because I generally just drink water.

Oh Kellen! I'm sorry about your migraine! 3 days is horrible!! :( I hope it disappears soon!

And, now, I think at lunchtime I'm going to go home and find some chocolate to consume to see if it works for me! :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->