Valentines Babies, 2013!

Sorry for late update, had a very stressful morning in the end. MW couldnt find the heartbeat...she insisted she thought everything was still ok and its just too early and sent me on my way.
I broke down when i got home, how was i supposed to wait until the 3 rd oct for my next scan?! The not knowing. So i begged DH and we agreed it was worth paying for a private one.
Got in straight away and imediately saw my wiggly baby! That reassurance was worth every penny. Amazing to see how much it had grown too. Dh and i both thought girl when we came out so we might ask at 20week scan after all but im still not sure, i just couldnt help looking!

Thank you to everyone thinking of me! Xx

That's such a relief and good news!! Oooh a little pink bump maybe - exciting!!

dragon , great san pics! congratulations. ooh i couldnt help but have a 20 week scan, i am so impatient! i bet you do!..a girl and a boy on the cards is exciting. but no doubt any combo and you will be over th moon.
blue bear, wow what a scary experience! did you tell the first woman that you had a private scan and saw baby? i would, so she can put it in her notes. and learn to practice more!! lol. glad it worked out great.

i didnt have a headache yesterday and decidedit is definatley linked to caffeine. the day i didnt have any i got my headache. i made sure to have tea yesterday and i was fine despit it being hot hot hot and having a kids party here. so today i wil have atleast 2 teas.

have a great day all xx

I think my headaches are partly linked to not having caffeine either - I need to have a cup of tea (or two) a day as well.

Oh I am so pleased Blue Bear! I wouldn't have been able to cope with that either, what an awful MW! How can she just tell you to go away and not worry! I would have done exactly the same! If that happens to me I am going to refuse to leave until they refer me to the hospital, or like you, book a private one in.

I'm so pleased everything was ok! :hugs:

Blue_bear! How frightening! I'm so so happy you got a private scan and your little one was wiggling around! That's just terrific news! :) Congrats!

I don't think my headaches are connected to caffeine. .. I haven't had any caffeine since March when I was ttc! I have the occassional caffeine-free tea, but that's it. I've been waking up with headaches. . . I'm wondering if I grind my teeth or something while I sleep . . or I must be doing something in my sleep that aggravates my poor head!

Anyone worried about sleeping on your back yet? I've heard mixed things about it. . . my sister slept on her back her entire pregnancy. My MW said after 20 weeks try not to sleep on your back. . . but I start out on my side and end up waking up on my back EVERY night. . .so I don't know how I'm going to prevent it. :( What are your guys' thoughts?

I wouldn't be too worried about sleeping on my back. I think that it will just become uncomfortable to do it before it could cause any problems. I'm sure our bodies will tell us when to roll over :D

All of the bump pictures are awesome. I'm not a big fan of mine. DH decided to take a picture while I was making tired faces at him so I cropped out my head. He also kept wanting me to flash him... :haha: Men!

Anyways, I don't think my bump is all that awesome, but it is getting there. It looks better under clothes, but DH wanted a "bare belly shot" so that is what you're all getting. Uploading this is way more fun that writing about policy analysis and how policy problems should dictate whether or not to use quantitative or qualitative methods of analysis. Why did I think I really needed a doctorate? Oh that is right... the six figure salary I'd like to achieve!

Awwww cute bump Kellen!!
Tell me about it , being here is so much fun than working on a doctorate!I am in the same situation as you and the past months havent seen any work done in that area.am Dreading meeting my supervisor on monday:nope: what your area of speciality for your doctorate ?If you dont mind me asking

Blue_bear! How frightening! I'm so so happy you got a private scan and your little one was wiggling around! That's just terrific news! :) Congrats!

I don't think my headaches are connected to caffeine. .. I haven't had any caffeine since March when I was ttc! I have the occassional caffeine-free tea, but that's it. I've been waking up with headaches. . . I'm wondering if I grind my teeth or something while I sleep . . or I must be doing something in my sleep that aggravates my poor head!

Anyone worried about sleeping on your back yet? I've heard mixed things about it. . . my sister slept on her back her entire pregnancy. My MW said after 20 weeks try not to sleep on your back. . . but I start out on my side and end up waking up on my back EVERY night. . .so I don't know how I'm going to prevent it. :( What are your guys' thoughts?

What are the problems with sleeping on your back? I sleep in any possition that is comfortable i even sleep on my bump thats the most comfortable position and by the time I wake up I am sleeping on my back

It's meant add pressure on some vein or other and result in problems with blood flow.
I also struggle to avoid my back. I bought a pregnancy pillow, a long sausage C shaped one. Makes being on your side so much better! We are told to lie on our left side ideally later on.

15 weeks! Pear! Yeah!! congrats everyone!!

I didn't even realise it was Thursday today!! That last week went quick!!

Wowee glitter - you are an avocado! Yay! X

Hooray!! 15 weeks! (And 16 for Glitter!) :) It's really hard to believe! I'm so happy!

Happy orange week (and avocado for Glitter)!!

Anyone else feel baby jump when you sneeze? Every time I sneeze, it's like a party in my tummy. Both babies jump all around for a few seconds. I don't think they can hear yet, so it must be from the sudden movement.

I think they can hear your voice now DWF, but yes I imagine it's vibrations or something too.

I've not felt mine at all, mind you, it has layers of flub to get through on my belly so it might not be for a while yet. I had those popping bubbles a week or so ago but nothing since, so maybe that was just gas :blush:

So I decided that instead of waiting for my MW to book my scan for me, I would just phone the hospital and book in the 20w scan (a.k.a gender scan) myself!

It's booked in for 27th Sep, exactly 20 weeks at 08:30 in the morning, so as soon as I could possibly get it! :haha:

I am beyond excited, in exactly 5 weeks time, I will know if I am carrying a daughter or a son! :wohoo:

Yay, that's great Jo! I have layers of flub too, lol...I think the only reason I can feel them already is because there are two. Otherwise I probably wouldn't feel anything yet. Pretty sure at least one of the placentas is anterior, too.

If I'm wearing maternity clothes, I look like I'm showing quite a bit (and have since 11 weeks)...but in my regular clothes I just look like I've gained weight :haha:. Funny thing is, I haven't actually gained anything!

Jo---that's so exciting!!! I can't wait to find out what we all are having!! :) :)

Woohooo!!! Happy 15 (and 16, glitter yay:) ) weeks everyone!! I really can't believe it. We're sure getting there!

Jo, I'm so glad you were able to book your own scan! Next month will be so exciting, when the blue or pink announcements start rolling in! Does anyone have a preference?

I haven't felt baby move yet either!! DragonflyWing, you're so lucky! It truly is the absolute best thing about pregnancy, and I'm getting so impatient, lol. Ah well, if I remember right with the last 2 I didn't feel anything until about 16 weeks.

Thanks ladies! Yes, next month is going to be really exciting! Is everyone finding out? Or do we have any team yellow mum's to be?

I really don't have a preference, I can find plus points to have a boy or a girl. I secretly think it's a girl though!

DWF - I feel like that, in normal clothes I was just looking fatter, in maternity clothes I look pregnant, so I'm wearing maternity clothes from now on!! Well that and anything tight fitting doesn't fit anymore and jeans are very uncomfortable!
I bought some nice maternity maxi dresses the other day and I felt quite good in them, so I'm starting to actually enjoy it a bit now! It's true what they say, the 2nd tri is the honeymoon tri - or it has been for me so far!

Jo - my 20 weeks (well 21) week scan is the 27th too. Find out gender in 10 days - far too impatient to wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->